KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mirrors Edge

Mirrors Edge
Started by: k1Lla441

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sappho
Self-Made

Mirrors Edge

Looking to be one of the best games to look forward too of the year.

Mirros Edge is a first person parkour style action game. Most of you may not be famliar with Parkour, but it is the art of movement. Just think of a Prince of Persia type game, in 1st person, and in a big city. that sounds pretty cool to me. One of the few games in its genre, Mirrors Edge is shaping up to be a Really good game.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 05:45 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

looks like a lot of fun. This game is going to hinge entirely on the controls. Let's hope they got them right.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 05:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

Yea there kinda taking a shot in the dark for this game.... lets hope they hit the target wink

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 05:56 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

What's the plot of Mirrors Edge? Is this game supposed to be out in late 2008?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 06:19 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I really liked what I saw during the EA press conference.

As for the plot, it is set somewhere in the future, all lines of communication is either oppressed or controlled by the government, so they have created these runners who run around with important messages to and from people, we would play one Runner.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:03 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Just running around to deliver messages? Sucky plot but at least the fighting, shooting, and running around looks good.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

This game will be fantastic if done right.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Just running around to deliver messages? Sucky plot but at least the fighting, shooting, and running around looks good.

While the plot is a little vague right now, i recall reading that faith's (player controlled character) sister is kidnapped by the government and now she goes out to save her.

And as Morridini said the government is an oppression and she is a runner.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 10:16 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The game looks ****ing amazing and I cannot wait for it to come out.

Mirror's Edge, along with Prince of Persia, are the two games I'm really looking forward to this fall and both I really want to come out now because I want to play them so badly.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 01:53 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Nemesis X

From what we've seen of the game, with its focus on the character, the plot is likely much deeper than what has so far been revealed.

In my opinion, the visual style and how tight the camera control is will make or break this game. And I am desperately hoping for it to succeed.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:04 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by General Kaliero
From what we've seen of the game, with its focus on the character, the plot is likely much deeper than what has so far been revealed.

In my opinion, the visual style and how tight the camera control is will make or break this game. And I am desperately hoping for it to succeed.

God yes. I really hope this game turns out as good as it looks to be.

And Nemesis X, the game actually has an active emphasis away from combat. It's there, yes, but it's secondary to all other objectives in the game. Guns have to be discarded once empty, the weapons Faith has can hinder her if they're large enough...you can get an achievement for not firing a single bullet throughout the game.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:06 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by Peach
The game looks ****ing amazing and I cannot wait for it to come out.

Mirror's Edge, along with Prince of Persia, are the two games I'm really looking forward to this fall and both I really want to come out now because I want to play them so badly.

Same, along with Fable II.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:37 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

you can get an achievement for not firing a single bullet throughout the game.

That is one of the main things I really like about this game, I always love to get that option. In games like Splinter Cell I never ever kill (or even knock out) any guards unless I really really have to. I just love to have the possibility to choose.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:46 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Also gun's will weigh you down, make you slower etc. I'm going to treat this game more like a puzzle/adventure then an FPS, i won't be using guns i don't think.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:56 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

The funny thing is I intended to completely forgo guns before they even announced there was an achievement for doing so.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 02:59 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The game does look like it deserves to be bought. Can't wait for it to come out. If there is less fighting in the game then oh well. At least the graphics and the way you move around Spiderman-style looks awesome.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 05:53 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I like the fact that it strays away from combat, It adds a certain uniqueness to the game since, in the vast majority of games, combat is usually a key feature.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 06:21 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

God yes. I really hope this game turns out as good as it looks to be.

Yea, that would be awesome of it was extremely good. the one thing unique about it is that it is 1st person, which kinda changes a lot of things for the parkour style. Lets all just hope EA dice really nails it with this one.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:33 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Also gun's will weigh you down, make you slower etc. I'm going to treat this game more like a puzzle/adventure then an FPS, i won't be using guns i don't think.

I already mentioned that the guns can hinder you stick out tongue

Originally posted by General Kaliero
The funny thing is I intended to completely forgo guns before they even announced there was an achievement for doing so.

Same here. It'd be an interesting and fun challenge.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:06 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So who's the bad guy in this game?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:48 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Why do you assume there's a bad guy? Also as you should have understood, we have hardly any info on the plot yet, no one can say anything more atm.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 10:10 PM