KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » TMNT Smash-Up!

TMNT Smash-Up!
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

TMNT Smash-Up!

New game comin' out for Wii and PS2. SSBB gameplay with a TMNT setting, looks neat.

Hope it has Usagi.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 07:14 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I didn't know the people that worked on Brawl also worked on this. I'm kind of interested now. I hope they make more games like this. Maybe a Microsoft Smash-Up? lol

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 07:59 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I just hope the game is still playable when you turn the items and stage hazards off.. also... I'm expecting splinter to be OP lol

looking forward to main either leonardo / donatello / or that black foot clan ninja

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 29th, 2009 09:39 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I didn't know the people that worked on Brawl also worked on this. I'm kind of interested now. I hope they make more games like this. Maybe a Microsoft Smash-Up? lol

I know! That's what turned my head about this game. Looked sorta generic, but the guys who made SSBB are really sticking to it proudly, seems like it'll have much of the same stuff Brawl had. Here's hoping they don't go overboard with the clones.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 03:14 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm sticking to Smash Bros. This game feels awful to me and who cares about Turtles beating up Ninjas when you got Snake beating up the Nintendo cast?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 03:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm sticking to Smash Bros. This game feels awful to me and who cares about Turtles beating up Ninjas when you got Snake beating up the Nintendo cast?

Any Turtle, Splinter, Shredder or Casey Jones would solo the MGS cast with ease.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 03:47 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Oh, when did you play it?

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Any Turtle, Splinter, Shredder or Casey Jones would solo the MGS cast with ease.

Hahaha!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 04:20 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

After rewatching that first vid I must say Donatello looks pretty good.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 06:40 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Scythe
Oh, when did you play it?

Last month. Luckily I have a friend who owns a Wii and he sometimes lets me play it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 07:24 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Last month. Luckily I have a friend who owns a Wii and he sometimes lets me play it.

Was it a demo or something? Game comes out Sept. 15th.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 07:34 AM
Scythe
The Goat

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...7548&sr=8-1

This link has a promo going on that unlocks a rabbid character and a technodrome stage if preordered. Guess that's as close we'll get to playing as Usagi.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 07:36 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Scythe
Was it a demo or something? Game comes out Sept. 15th.

I thought you were talking about Smash Bros. No I haven't played the TMNT game but I can already tell it'll be bad just by looking at it.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 07:40 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I thought you were talking about Smash Bros. No I haven't played the TMNT game but I can already tell it'll be bad just by looking at it.

Ah, I see. You said it "felt awful" meaning you've had a hands on approach to the game, which would make more sense.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 07:42 AM
jinXed by JaNx

I would like a GOOD four player Ninja Turtles game. Not some half-assed game put together for promoting a movie or a poorly rehashed game from the 90's. This looks kind of fun but i imagine, like the recent, Turtles in Time Re-shelled, this will get boring after a couple plays.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

yeah *** didn't seem good at all when they re-released it.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:46 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I would like a GOOD four player Ninja Turtles game. Not some half-assed game put together for promoting a movie or a poorly rehashed game from the 90's. This looks kind of fun but i imagine, like the recent, Turtles in Time Re-shelled, this will get boring after a couple plays.

That's what I'm thinking too, though I'm hoping to be proven wrong and recieve something as addicting as Brawl. However, the lack of shitload of characters makes me think it'll be a fun brawler to take a break with. I mena, SSBB is good, but shit gets old after awhile.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:46 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

that *** is T.I.T.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2009 06:58 AM
Scythe
The Goat

This game's pretty fun. It's hard to get used to on a Gamecube controller since I keep thinking it's SSBB and there aren't any smmash attacks in this game, other than that, it's alot like SSBB. Quite fun to use the Wii-mote sideways. They packed a few 4-player minigames as well as a tag team tourney, wi-fi battles and nice set of difficulties.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 03:59 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Designs of the 4 Turtles, Splinter and April are based on that of the 07 movie. Casey should own *** in this game.

Jumps should easily avoid the alligator.

There were fire & lightning power ups shown. Both Donatello and Shredder used a Dhalsim like flamethrower to burn their opponents for heavy damage. The lightning power up gave a shield.

Donatello will most likely be range focused. On a side note, the burning animation he went through at 5:10 was lulzy. His lightning aura shield was "kewl". That grapple of his would probably be useful in the Jungle stage. Could work as an Alligator instant-kill setup.

Shredder looks to be power based, charged up attacks and what not.

Leonardo will most likely be balanced.

Splinter & April seem to be speed types. Hell YEAR!

Mikey could be a speed-power based character, with a seemingly unorthodox style (even saw a flipped Spinning Bird Kick. Chun Li wanna be)

I'm surprised at Raphael's air slash attack range. Even though they've apparently included extra range attacks for everyone, that range is great, considering his usual pathetic range. Raph's grapple is pretty useful on this roof stage.

There's also some sort of air recovery that both Raph (7:20) and Don demonstrate. Air recovery like that could be both BS and a blessing.

The ending of the second match was cute. Raph won, HELL YEAR!

I'd hate to get triple-teamed in this game.

~ That colored aura is a little distracting. They should tone it down a little >__>.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 05:29 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

The power ups are: Shurikens (these can be collected as many as you can get), origami shaped mines (3x at time), bombs (3x at time) and ninja magic. My favorite are the tiger claw scratches that appear on screen and damage enemies when they're touched.

The aura is distracting, yes, but it serves as a visual aid to see where your HP is at. If the aura is strong, you're at full HP, if it's dim, then you're about to die. You can also customize it to whatever color you may want on a RGB scale. Except black and white, at least I think. I usually go with whatever color my turtle matches. If I'm playing as Mikey, I make it orange and so on.

Casey and April can be best described as Kirby from Brawl. They both have a similar attack that reminds me of Kirby's Up+B attack. Casey has a hammer attack like Kirby's.

Splinter is pretty alright, he's one of those, stay in one place and attack from the sides and above him, very stationary, and strong.

Shredder is a powerhouse, but a little slow on his attacks.

Raph is a lot like Fox from Brawl, only a bit slower than him. He lasts forever in the air while he's jumping, not quite my style, but some people love his Jigglypuff-like air.

Mikey is my favorite, he's quite ranged and fast, not to mention all around fun to pay with.

Leo is a combo machine, easy to do combos and very good at keeping enemies away from him. He tosses his katanas like a yo-yo and they come back to him... Very annoying move.

Don is pretty fun, he's not as full on long-range as I thought, but he's a master at stun attacks. Think of stun attacks as moves that cause you to get dizzy and you have to push the d-pad left and right.

Nightwatcher is pretty cool, cuz his weapon is a chain with a mace and spear-tip (not sure what they're called). Even though he's a Raph clone, he has entirely different movesets and range.

I didn'y play as a Karai, but from what people have used against me, she's like a female slightly faster Shredder.

The Foot Soldier is neat, sorta like Sheik at times and very beginner-friendly.

The Krang robot is a big slow powerhouse. He can devestate with combos and machine gun fire. Fun to play with.

The Raging Ninja Rabid is okay, kinda lame, but he's one of those characters you can gloat about if he wins a huge four-way with good players.

My favorite stage is the underground one with the Technodrome, it's great!

Last edited by Scythe on Oct 1st, 2009 at 06:09 AM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 06:03 AM