KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Section 8

Section 8
Started by: Ms.Marvel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Section 8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(video_game)

so what do you guys think?

game looks kind of un though honestly the shooting mechanics and the characters themselves look boring. the fun imo stems more from the way the objective and mini-missions change and randomly appear throughout the level. it reminds me of a cooler battlefront.

Last edited by AthenasTrgrFngr on Aug 24th, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 10:42 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

kind of an under the radar game, it is actually pretty good aside from the fact I can't find a room with a good connection.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 08:33 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I'll check it out on the PC, I guess.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 09:23 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

just got done playing the demo...

this game looks like it has a bit of a learning curve... i was just plopped in the middle of a battlefield with nothing to do...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 11:27 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I played the demo.. feels like theres no kind of bullet engine or aiming skill to be had.. sniping someone manually had no effect, but when I hit A to lock-on.. the bullets were suddenly chipping off half of their lifebar

the orbital drops were a nice touch.. but it would be nice if there was a reward for hitting the brake at the right time (like say, less recovery time on your landing?..)

could be much much cooler if they fix it up

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 07:26 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

yeah... i played the demo for a couple hours then deleted it this morning. my final verdict is that its a great premise but with a very poor execution. graphics are poor and the game mechanics are poor. soldier is pretty much the best class and no other class can honestly compare.

it has good potential though. hopefully if theres some big changes made to the game it can be very good.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 05:14 PM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

A game named after a U.S. government-funded housing program. This should be good.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 05:44 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Its sort of like unreal tournament with cyborgs

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 08:11 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

this takes polace in the distant future. on venus.

and the people in suits are actually single mothers. the war's gonna be about getting prime subsidized apartments our acendants tax dollars'll pay for.

ha

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 10:12 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

lmfao thats the shit.. I'd totally buy a game with that storyline

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 10:15 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
yeah... i played the demo for a couple hours then deleted it this morning. my final verdict is that its a great premise but with a very poor execution. graphics are poor and the game mechanics are poor. soldier is pretty much the best class and no other class can honestly compare.

it has good potential though. hopefully if theres some big changes made to the game it can be very good.

So, has anyone actually played Section 8? Is it any good? Because I found the demo fairly boring after about an hour of playing...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 03:50 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

yea am I the only one that thinks that this game is way better the halo 3 odst?

played the demo last night and am absolutelty.. hooked..

it's the longest i've played any demo in one sitting, ever. this is one game i'm adding to my library immediately.

the game. is. perfect!

I'm mad tired and sleepy now this morning from playing this game till the wee hours and I gotta get ready for work in a few but I just gotta get a couple of more games in before I leave. i'll eat later..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 12:00 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
yea am I the only one that thinks that this game is way better the halo 3 odst?

yeah i think so. laughing out loud

the shitty shooting mechanics really put me off. theres no real skill required to kill someone.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 04:36 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
yeah i think so. laughing out loud

the shitty shooting mechanics really put me off. theres no real skill required to kill someone.

?

Shooting's very on point. I love the temporary lock on option. It helps with airbourne players and machines. Sniping is insane.

Damn i can't wait for 5pm. i need to get home fast and play this game. i'll walk fast.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 08:41 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
?

Shooting's very on point. I love the temporary lock on option. It helps with airbourne players and machines. Sniping is insane.

if you're not locked on.. its .. not really on point.. at all

I've sniped several people without lockon.. and it just doesnt connect unless I've got a lock.. which is a shame IMO..

I really was hoping the best for this game

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 09:27 PM