KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Brutal Legends

Brutal Legends
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Brutal Legends

Looks...metal. Jack Black and DIO lend their voices.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 03:48 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chickenlover98
Loving Chickens

loooks stupid. i read the gameinformer article. this looks completely stupid. another E game i will never touch

Old Post Oct 28th, 2007 07:45 PM
chickenlover98 is currently offline Click here to Send chickenlover98 a Private Message Find more posts by chickenlover98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Doesn't look that bad, I'm givin' it some hope.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2007 03:26 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It sucks that BL may not appear in October all thanks to Activision suing Double Fine. What a bunch of greedy morons.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 06:25 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Been playing this all day.

The game is ****ing amazing, along with being as Metal and Brutal as I hoped it would be, it's pretty funny, the gameplay is very good, the soundtrack is amazing (Though really that was a given), and the plotline is actually well done as well.

No less than a nine out of ten so far.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 02:10 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I reserved it about 2 weeks ago, I'm picking it up tomorrow. Would've gotten it today, but I'm sick, so I haven't left the house in a week. But the demo rocked out loud, so the game will no doubt melt my face off in a torrent of metal awesomeness.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 02:13 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Fun fact, there is actually a guitar solo you can play that melts enemie's faces off.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 02:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

F*CKIN AWESOME!!!!! I love the Druid Plow/Deuce.

My favorite quote so far(As far as you can get in the demo)

I will now teach you how to french kiss.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 02:35 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

A little hesitant to try this out for three reasons
1. I don't get the gameplay is it like Fable with RTS elements in it?
2. Jack Black annoyes me I honestly never found him funny
3. Not that big of a metal fan

So my question is can someone who is not a Jack Black/Metal fan enjoy this game?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 02:38 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

1. You get simple button combos for melee with your axe, and your guitar has magical powers, like summoning pyrotechnics and lightning. Later on, you do get a simplified RTS element since you unlock different squads to go with you into large scale battles. (FUn multiplayer I bet, 3 diff factions)

2. He's funny as hell in the game, just the sheer amount of cursing is hilarious.

3. I'm a rap/hip hop man myself, but the soundtrack is awesome.(I will admit I like Tenacious D and Dethklok)

Yes, if you don't love this game, then something is genetically wrong with you. You should give Anti-Venom or Elixir a call.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 02:45 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I've yet checked it out.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:37 AM
KingD19

I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:42 AM
Scythe
The Goat

I think so too, I'm a huge metal fan, this game looks orgasmic.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:47 AM
KingD19

It is, so many interesting characters and voice actors. It's hands down one of the most original games i've evre seen/played.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:51 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well Tim Schafer was the director for this game what did ya expect compared to his other excellent work.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I kinda expected what I got.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:59 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Haha.

So, for those who've played it, has Dio appeared?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 06:44 AM
NemeBro

Dio is actually not in the game, sad to tell you.

Ozzy and Rob Halford are and I have seen them.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 09:15 AM
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Dio is actually not in the game, sad to tell you.

Ozzy and Rob Halford are and I have seen them.

Aw. Well, that's good enough.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 09:21 AM
FistOfThe North

i'll have this today.

not into that particular music genre but i gotta say the game is soo Metal it's hilarious. it's gotta be the most rockin' or heavy metal themed game i've ever seen in my life. it seeps the genre at every turn, and that's what makes it crazy (in a cool way) to me and therefore engaging to play.

i liked the demo, couldn't care less about jack black. graphics are good. gameplay's funny, story's mad funny. it's a hack and slasher to the core, the type of game i never cared for due to the repetitiveness aspect but other than that it seems like a fun ride in a hot rod.

demo: 8/10
actual game: TDB

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 14th, 2009 04:19 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote