KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher

Solid Snake vs Sam Fisher
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Solid Snake 3 75.00%
Sam Fisher 1 25.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Started by: American Dragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
American Dragon

In a crossover between Metal Gear and Splinter Cell games which one of this characters would kill the other.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 09:29 PM
American Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send American Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by American Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Been done a thousand times before. Snake stomps every way, shape, or form.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 01:12 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So many Snake vs. Sam threads. I can't take it anymore.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 01:35 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Actually, it was pretty well defended that Sam Fisher wins in the Stealth department, but Snake won everything else.

But yeah, this has still been done before.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 03:46 AM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

snake sucks at stealth. thats why all his games end with him blasting his way out of some predicament.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 04:57 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Actually, it was pretty well defended that Sam Fisher wins in the Stealth department, but Snake won everything else.

But yeah, this has still been done before.

No, the only thing being argued were Sam's stealth capabilities in a certain situation, one in which Snake has fared through better under worse conditions (a rapidly aged body that was only under worse condition due to nanomachines acting up), against more dangerous adversaries. Snake's the better stealth agent, not even counting his superior stealth tech.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:12 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

no hes not.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:13 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Yes he is. By far.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:14 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

nah. snake doesnt know how to be stealthy w/o invisibility. in fact out of curiosity can you point out a time snake has ever stealthed through a mission w/o getting caught and having to kill everything around him? what dangerous adversaries has he stealthed past? could you show me?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:15 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Not counting the hypothetical output of the player largely sucking, half the times he ever DID get caught came from him revelaing himself (i.e. both Gray Fox encounters, meeting with Naomi, following a single resistance member across an eastern european city while in a civilian's outfit). Dick moves, but I'm not inclined to say that Sam would fare any better, being inferior in every other category by feats. Speaking boss-wise, half of his battles involved him either stealthily besting certain bosses while simultaneously besting them in combat along with THEIR own stealth capabilities (i.e. Vulcan Raven[iirc], Crying Wolf, The Boss, The End [yes, the latter two are battles of Naked Snake/Big Boss, but it's been stated that Solid Snake and Big Boss are equals]).

Really, a bigger challenge for Snake with characters acutallly in his league are one or two characters that don't even use guns.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 05:30 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:26 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
[B]Not counting the hypothetical output of the player largely sucking,

you cant not count that though. when i played through the games i deliberately just killed everyone I met. but you cant say that your way of playing through the game is more canon than mine is because doing it either way doesnt alter the story any if you survive.

quote:
(i.e. Vulcan Raven[iirc], Crying Wolf, The Boss, The End [yes, the latter two are battles of Naked Snake/Big Boss, but it's been stated that Solid Snake and Big Boss are equals]).

i didnt stealth these people for example when fighting the end i just used a sniper rifles scope and the sound detector because the end being an idiot speaks to you and breathes loudly. no expression there was no need for stealth which is my point in that stealth is completely optional in a large majority of the game. so you cant say that he for sure canonically used stealth to sneak around everywhere. hell look at the third game alone how many times was he ambushed/found/surrounded by people in the canon cutscenes? he was ambushed by ocelot found by eva captured by volgin found every time by the cobras hence why you end up fighting them... snake isnt nearly as good of a stealth agent as people give him credit for. which makes sense considering that his #1 stealth technique in the 3rd game was hiding in some grass with a green suit on and the idiot AI somehow not noticing.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:36 AM
Sin_Volvagia

Snake puts Fisher to waste. He should know well about stealthy foes especially after dealing with Night Fright, Jungle Evil, and Laughing Octopus.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 12:53 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Snake trips Sam and puts a ****ing knife to his throat.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 08:46 PM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote