KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Capcom Merging with Konami...A Good Thing?

Would a merge between the two be considered good?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 2 40.00%
No 3 60.00%
Total: 5 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Capcom Merging with Konami...A Good Thing?
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Question Capcom Merging with Konami...A Good Thing?

Seriously, could a merge between Capcom and Konami be a good thing or would that just be a total disaster?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 12:41 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

They did fcking great with SF IV, dont see why they need to merge with someone else.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 12:44 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Absolutely not. Two different styles. Plus I generally hate corporate mergers.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2009 02:11 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Terrible idea, just terrible.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:09 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Both companies kick ass on their own. no merger is required.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 06:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's all about merging and cross-matching nowadays isn't it?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 07:01 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm just wondering because I've been hearing that a website called Bloomberg said Capcom was merging with Konami.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 01:08 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm just wondering because I've been hearing that a website called Bloomberg said Capcom was merging with Konami.

it wouldn't be a great business idea imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:53 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Mergers wouldn't even be discussed if it wasn't going to be beneficial. You all are just looking at it from the consumer standpoint.

Them being completely different companies with totally different styles doesn't mean anything unless they decide to reorganize their developer teams.

I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor anyway.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:08 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Mergers wouldn't even be discussed if it wasn't going to be beneficial. You all are just looking at it from the consumer standpoint.

Them being completely different companies with totally different styles doesn't mean anything unless they decide to reorganize their developer teams.

I'm pretty sure this is just a rumor anyway.

how do we know it's even being discussed?

from a gaming standpoint, they would have to reorganise developer teams, and that's going to make games suffer.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 11:06 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I already said that.

And I'm not seeing a connection between merger and reorganizing developer teams.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 11:10 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I already said that.

And I'm not seeing a connection between merger and reorganizing developer teams.

they'd have to shrink any inhouse ones, unless they were merging in name only.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 11:25 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

We can look at the bright side if the two companies ever merge. They could make a Resident Evil/Metal Gear Solid crossover or better yet, a Silent Hill/Resident Evil crossover. As long as both teams work on crossovers like those, they can't fail.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:15 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

We can look at the bright side if the two companies ever merge. They could make a Resident Evil/Metal Gear Solid crossover or better yet, a Silent Hill/Resident Evil crossover. As long as both teams work on crossovers like those, they can't fail.

except for those games being nothing alike, no, i guess not...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:16 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by -Pr-
except for those games being nothing alike, no, i guess not...

Pft. Everyone's a critic.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:18 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pft. Everyone's a critic.

i just don't want to see games like PES and the like suffer because of a merger.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 08:19 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah. Merging's only something a company should try to do when they're desperate or somethin'. If they're currently doing fine and successfully on their own, there's usually no point in having a merge otherwise. At least in this case.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 07:31 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Merging might involve swapping creative teams and I don't want that. Konami always had a better music department. Both companies used good color theories up until Mega Man 5 and Super Street Fighter II when Capcom started going in this bright, candy cane lane primary color scheme with all its games, whether it worked and was appropriate or not with some of the Mega Man X and horror genre games being the sole exceptions.
The only way I see a positive to team swapping in terms of game development is if Nintendo hands over another Zelda game to Capcom and some Konami guys get to work on it. Otherwise I don't want to see Simon Belmont fighting cartoony enemies against a background of bright, shiny primary colors with anime influenced music alternating between major and minor blues and pentatonic scales playing in the background with totally inappropriate instrumentation. For an example of the latter, just listen to how bad they ****ed up the Mega Man powered up remixed music, especially the upbeat Gutsman music.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 08:35 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote