KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Started by: Schecter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

thats right. new splinter cell on the way.
quote:
Normally, I would file this under “rumor mill”, but seeing as how Ubisoft already had this games’ title leaked last year, it’s now just ‘official’. The next installment of the franchise will be titled “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Conviction”, and it will be hitting both Xbox 360 and the ( soon to be popular?) Games for Windows, as Microssoft managed to secure this one as an exclusive which they announced at E3 last year. The first leaked scans are included, so read on if you wish.

Hailing from the European magazine ‘Pelaaja’, the first official scans for Splinter Cell: Conviction have, as expected, hit the internet with lightening fast speed. The screens are provided via PlayFrance, posted on Gameswank. Now, let me get this out of the way, these are nothing more than ‘concept images and early artwork’, but it gives you a sense as to the setting and mood that will be involved in the new game.

A translation by a NeoGaf member of a brief description of the ( supposed) plot reveals: “They say that at the beginning of the game Sam learns that Anna Grimsdottir is in danger so Sam joins Third Echelon again in order to help. However Third Echelon is not what it used to be and in the first mission Sam gets false info and the wrong equipment, while his bosses are bickering amongst themselves about procedures, authority and such. Then Sam finds out that the threat to Anna comes from within the Third Echelon, quits and becomes a fugitive.”

Considering this is a rough translation, a few things could be mis-placed here, but interesting nonetheless. Obviously, this game will pick up right after ‘Double Agent’, but how it ties into the overall ‘Splinter Cell’ world is beyond me, we have moved so far away from the first, great title, that this almost seems like a new series with each game. More details should be hitting soon, possibly in US publications before the end of summer, and some new information by Ubisoft may clear up the (somewhat) iffy screens. I hope that Ubisoft moves away from the current ‘future war’ settings, as we have enough of those coming in the next few years from every other action/shooter franchise.

http://achievementjunkie.com/2007/0...d-scans-leaked/

scans (too big to post):

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/...tercell5qs6.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/...tercell4vu2.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/...tercell3pa8.jpg
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/...tercell2av6.jpg

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Last edited by Schecter on May 8th, 2007 at 07:32 PM

Old Post May 8th, 2007 07:30 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Awesome!

I'm glad Ubisoft is keeping the current image of Sam. I'd hate to see them try something new to be different....like a version of a younger Sam or something out his present character.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 10:02 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Wow, those screens couldnt be anymore useless. lol

But WOOT for more Sam. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 12:07 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah, i smell prerendering...but what if?

Old Post May 9th, 2007 12:10 AM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, it's an exclusive, huh?

Microsoft 1 PS3 -3 no expression

Old Post May 9th, 2007 12:50 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Whats PS3's 3? lol

Old Post May 9th, 2007 12:56 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The dash is a negative sign. They've actually LOST exclusives, not gained.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 12:57 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldnt be surpraised if Splinter Cell eventually ends up on the PS3.

Looks cool. Probalby an rental for me. I love the gameplay of Splinter Cell but Double Agent was getting kinda of boring...but I think that's just the lack of levels and heavy reliance on those ****ing base levels, which totally sucked.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 03:05 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jon84
Secret Asian Man

Check out this screen i found on some other forum. Looks pretty cool.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 9th, 2007 10:55 AM
jon84 is currently offline Click here to Send jon84 a Private Message Find more posts by jon84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

are you sure thats splinter cell? blink

Old Post May 9th, 2007 01:49 PM
Joe K
I dee kay.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
So, it's an exclusive, huh?

Microsoft 1 PS3 -3 no expression

HAHAHA

Old Post May 9th, 2007 02:02 PM
Joe K is currently offline Click here to Send Joe K a Private Message Find more posts by Joe K Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zen2nd
Veridis Quo

I just hope they bring back the co-op mode they had in Chaos Theory as I felt that was the most fun part of the game.

Old Post May 9th, 2007 02:09 PM
Zen2nd is currently offline Click here to Send Zen2nd a Private Message Find more posts by Zen2nd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jon84
Secret Asian Man

Originally posted by Schecter
are you sure thats splinter cell? blink

Yes, it's Splinter Cell. Here's a quote from the article...

quote:
- No more sneaking around in the shadows. Apparently you're going to be more like James Bond and infiltrate buildings in plain daylight. You won't have to use force or sneak around as long as you don't act suspiciously.

- According to the article, every single object that is rendered on screen has physical properties and most of them can be used by Sam. For example, Sam can pick up furniture and use it as a weapon, or throw printers at enemies or papers in the face of enemies to gain the upperhand in fights.

- Melee fights are much more than "press this button to hit" this time around. There's different context sensitive attack buttons and as mentioned before lots of environmental interaction.

- Ubisoft developers stated that being exclusive to the 360 allows them to do much more than if they were multiplatform, but they also state they doubt they would be able to achieve what they're doing with the game on the 360 on the ps3 even if it was ps3 exclusive.

- Ubi also claims the AI is really good and the magazine says the AI for example makes cover out of chairs and tables.

Source:

Old Post May 9th, 2007 02:49 PM
jon84 is currently offline Click here to Send jon84 a Private Message Find more posts by jon84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

"No more sneaking around in the shadows"

say it aint so

Old Post May 9th, 2007 03:25 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I just got the new GameInformer. Im too lazy to read the whole thing and make a huge post, so ill just recommend checking it out. wink

Its seems to have a Bourne Identity feel to it, with Sam against the group he worked for. Sam looks very different, bushy beard and longer hair. If my scanner was hooked up I would scan the pages. sad

Old Post May 15th, 2007 12:11 AM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Originally posted by Schecter
"No more sneaking around in the shadows"

say it aint so
Maybe it'll work better for the current character of Sam. We'll see.

Old Post May 15th, 2007 12:18 AM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AstroFan
I just got the new GameInformer. Im too lazy to read the whole thing and make a huge post, so ill just recommend checking it out. wink

Its seems to have a Bourne Identity feel to it, with Sam against the group he worked for. Sam looks very different, bushy beard and longer hair. If my scanner was hooked up I would scan the pages. sad

sam fisher....a damn hippie? this is sacreligious sad

Old Post May 15th, 2007 01:29 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Those are some nice concept arts.. hope they can put them in motion for the final piece big grin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 15th, 2007 01:45 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Instead of the link to the article itself(which is easy to find, BIG PIC), ill give you this one so you can see hippie Sam. stick out tongue

http://xbox360.ign.com/

Old Post May 17th, 2007 02:11 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Enjoy the Trailer!

Old Post May 23rd, 2007 08:21 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote