KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » The ODST squad dropped into Fallout 3

The ODST squad dropped into Fallout 3
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

The ODST squad dropped into Fallout 3

How would they fare?

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 04:32 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

I think they would do ok until they meet deathclaws or albino radscorpions.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 04:42 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I think they could hold their own, unless they are teamed up on by 2 Super Mutant Behemoths.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 04:58 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Mayor Macready solos.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2009 10:17 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

I'm once again going with the fact that a guy who lived in a vault for all his life came out and handled this place pretty nicely so a highly trained militant group should do just as well if not better.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 10:43 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Is this before Rockopolis fell?

If so, they will find out there is in fact nothing funny abou the EAGLE CLAW!!!

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 10:44 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I'm once again going with the fact that a guy who lived in a vault for all his life came out and handled this place pretty nicely so a highly trained militant group should do just as well if not better.

Like the brotherhood of steel. They can't do some of the things that the Lone Wanderer does so that's kind of fallacious logic if you ask me.

They ought to fair fairly well, but there are plenty of things that could take them down.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 10:59 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

but they're not the brother hood of steel, I'm sure each of them can learn how to use that armour as well.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:00 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

You need training to, it is apparently pretty hard. erm

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:03 PM
SpadeKing

They are ODST they can handle it, I'm sure, how long did the training take the wonderer anyway?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:07 PM
NemeBro

Not long, which makes the Wanderer a ****ing genius considering Brotherhood of Steel training takes years. erm

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:12 PM
SpadeKing

his dad is a doctor & they obviously have nothing fun to do in a vault full of roaches that only Shaquill O'Neal could stomp on

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:14 PM
NemeBro

Well I would like to think the Lone Wanderer was at least tapping Amata.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:15 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

They are ODST they can handle it, I'm sure, how long did the training take the wonderer anyway?

Assumptions ftw.

Ever supposing they have the armour, so what? You see lots of Brotherhood members KIA. That and they are dropped on the world, which means to get the power armour their have to befriend the brotherhood. Even supposing they scavenge armour they won't know how to wear it until taught.

IMO they can survive up until they come across the Enclave, then they die.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:16 PM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Shit I think they are killed by the Super Mutants...Those things can actually tear a Brotherhood of Steel member out of their armor.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:19 PM
SpadeKing

isn't this whole game versus forum based on assumptions no expression

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:20 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

isn't this whole game versus forum based on assumptions no expression

I'd prefer to word it; It's full of people assuming things based on reletive feats and comparitives.

Saying they can learn to wear power armour easily/quickly because the Lone Wanderer can is just.... assumputious. There's no logical reasoning behind that.

Maybe they are, but since they are trained soldiers i'd rate them as i would veteran BoS. They wouldn't likely die to anything less than a large groups of Super mutants, those giant super mutants, or the Enclave.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:25 PM
SpadeKing

Originally posted by NemeBro
Shit I think they are killed by the Super Mutants...Those things can actually tear a Brotherhood of Steel member out of their armor.

I wonder how the super mutant would fair against a brute in H2H

Originally posted by EvilAngel
I'd prefer to word it; It's full of people assuming things based on reletive feats and comparitives.

Saying they can learn to wear power armour easily/quickly because the Lone Wanderer can is just.... assumputious. There's no logical reasoning behind that.

Maybe they are, but since they are trained soldiers i'd rate them as i would veteran BoS. They wouldn't likely die to anything less than a large groups of Super mutants, those giant super mutants, or the Enclave.

I believe the behemoths would be huge problem if they don't have good positions & weapons.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:29 PM
NemeBro

I wonder how the super mutant would fair against a brute in H2H
Super Mutant physical strength is only alluded to, we do know they can easily tear through Power Armor with their bare hands, which can take 2,500 joules of kinetic energy/force without being damage (Not sure exactly how strong that is).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 11:32 PM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by NemeBro
Super Mutant physical strength is only alluded to, we do know they can easily tear through Power Armor with their bare hands, which can take 2,500 joules of kinetic energy/force without being damage (Not sure exactly how strong that is).

Mmmm, basically a gun would hit on area for about 9k joules. But that' because it's small.

In theory the armour would be very strong against something that hit a large part of it over a small part, due to penetration factor, i.e why the tips of the bulelts have an edge.

If we're guessing for examples sake a Mutant ripped his arm off with the suit working then you're talking about allot of pressure, i'd guess at around 7-8 times stronger than a normal person.

If he literally thore through the armour probably allot stronger still.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2009 12:30 AM