KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Madden 10

Madden 10
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Madden 10

Did a search on it and surprisingly enough, i couldn't find it on here..(in the comp/video/discussion)

So. I Just finished playing a full game. (the demo came out @ 12:01 a.m. today, worldwide) Played it on xbox live and i'll have to say that i liked Madden '09 way better.

'09's gameplay and graphics are much better. From this first game, it feels as if the only thing EA added this year, besides updated rosters are the extra presentations, like crowd fcukery, people buying hot dogs and refs talking and nodding in between flagged plays, which i could've done without. (in exchange for better gameplay) Oh there's the "fighting for the fumbled ball" system which is a cool addition. The controls seemed delayed a bit.

I also found the players to be too small on the field. As if the camera's zoomed too far away from the action.

The animations were a bit different but not that noticeably with how they fell or how they got tackled and truck stick seemed to hit players harder.

I know it's just the demo or unfinished product but, overall first impression, yet so far, i give it 6-7/10. I give Madden '09 a 9/10. Maybe i just gotta get used to it. But Maddden '09 had me from the start.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:28 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

definately liked it better than glitchy 09 so far, I hope they don't have the same problems online as last year

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:54 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I look at it as the same game.

The pro tack feature looks pretty promising.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 05:58 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

I like how they actually added unecessary roughness & a QB evade stick.

The gang tackle sounds better though so far I only had the 4 man tackle, I want to see what the 9 would look like.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:22 AM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I assume that will rarely happen.

Unnecessary roughness? What do you have to do to get that?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 04:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

well you can no longer go for a big hit on a player out of bounds now.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 06:17 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ahhh.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:07 PM
SpadeKing

I'm still trying to find the rest of the new stuff without the game ending in about 10 plays.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:14 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, it is a demo.

I wonder when they will introduce practice squads. It's not a big deal because you generally never play with more the one backup, but it would be cool.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:17 PM
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpadeKing
definately liked it better than glitchy 09 so far, I hope they don't have the same problems online as last year

You found M-'09 glitchy?

I never experienced a glitch while playing 2 players with friends and cousins or on xbox live. You must've been playing ps3. Or on psn.

I've never had any problems with '09.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 02:19 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Me either.

I had alot of problems with 07, but not a single problem with 09. I think it froze on me a few times but other than that, nothing.

Sure beats 2k Sports though. Glitchy as shit.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 03:11 AM
FistOfThe North

Hm. I've never had a glitch problem with NBA 2k9 which, by the way, crushes NBA Live 2009 overall.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 12:51 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe not in NBA.

But baseball is unplayable. Or it was last year.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 04:20 PM
SpadeKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
You found M-'09 glitchy?

I never experienced a glitch while playing 2 players with friends and cousins or on xbox live. You must've been playing ps3. Or on psn.

I've never had any problems with '09.

you're missing out no expression

I think my favorite was the QB walking 20 yards past the line and calling hike in the endzone, or the offsides QB hikewith perfect blocking which no matter what causes all defensive players to blitz.

These were all online.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 05:44 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I just play SP so I never noticed.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2009 06:03 PM
FistOfThe North

the game's launching today.

just a reminder.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 07:53 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I thought it was out tomorrow?

Oh well. It's in Canada tommorrow.

Played the demo, plays alot differently than before. Reviews have also stated this.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 09:41 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Bought it and played 1 5-minute game.

First impressions:

I love it. I like how the decrease the speed of the game. It feels like real football. I was the Cowboys playing against the Panthers. The passing game feels real because there is an actual pocket now. More strategic. With the Pro Tak feature, the running game feels much better. Last year, unless I had a real speed back like Felix Jones, I barely got anywhere. Barber in this game plows through people. In this game, playaction passes actually work. I ran three times in a row for good yardage. Put in a bootleg playaction pass to Williams for 20-30 yard gain. It was brilliant.

I found it a bit to easy on Pro (won 45-14), but the Panthers did try to establish the run early but did not go anywhere. Then they had air out to get points. It felt really good.

One weird thing is player attributes. They're really, really low. They had Crayton at 73, which I thought was low. Checked other players and if they are decent, are around 80-75. Only a few players in each position are around the 90 mark. Some players are a bit too low. Bradie James is around 82 (less than Kieth Brooking) while Shaun Phillips is around 90 (which is ridiculous).

Old Post Aug 14th, 2009 05:58 PM
FistOfThe North

Yes, player attributes were dramatically low this year. I guess the folks at EA though that almost everyone had a bad year last year in the NFL.

But as far as the v.game goes I think it gives QB's to many chances to run the ball almost too easily practically all the time. Even against top flight defensive teams.

And also although i think the running game's great i feel this years' game will again be a running game. Just like '09 was. (meaning not a passing game) In other words you can get passes off but you won't be as succesfull as you're gonna be if you run it just as often. That's how i feel after playing 9 full games so far. I would've liked an equal or even mixture of the 2.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 05:04 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, in the end, the lower ratings don't really matter because everybody is low. I think they did that so the really good players can be dominate like they are in real life.

What's v game?

I always find passing easier in Madden then running. Running is much better this year, but passing is still a breeze. I've played about 10 games so far and I'm trying to figure out the best AI and stats. I find 6 minutes offers very good offensive stats but defensive stats are none existent. I'm finding that they don't collect tackles very well, especially in superstar where I started a tackle and a guy comes in last minute and he gets the stat.

Aside from a few nagging problems, its a very, very good game.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2009 06:35 PM