KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Castlevania is back, this time as a complete reboot of the series in the form of Lords of shadows. It will be an fantasy action adventure with some a bit of Prince of persia 08+Devil May cry added in.

You take the role of Gabriel Belmont, a holy knight on a quest to retrieve the God mask that will resurrect his wife from limbo.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2010 11:20 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Bring his wife back from the dead/in-between, eh?

Where have I seen that storyline from in the last few years...

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 05:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Sir Patrick Stewart, Robert Carlyle, and Jason Isaacs' voices? Awesome. I'm quite pleased to know that some veteran actors will lend their voices.

Kinda ify about the GOW combat sequences, but it's not going to ruin my expectations.

I'm really looking forward to this game.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 10:27 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Woo for the Belmont family!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 12:56 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Theres already thread for this game.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2010 01:27 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Kinda ify about the GOW combat sequences, but it's not going to ruin my expectations.
Eh, if anything i would say that gow stole it from Castlevania. but yeah, there is a new trailer

I don't know about the rest of you, but this looks amazing to me.

sorry if there really was already a forum for it, i couldn't find any others.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 07:36 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The Angry Video Game Nerd got me hooked on Castlevania years ago and I'm looking forward to this one.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 02:12 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I've been following this game for a good minute, I have to say it's looking better and better each time.

Originally posted by Impediment

Seconded.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 06:50 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

found another tgs trailer subtitled

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 11:55 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Classic NES
I've been following this game for a good minute, I have to say it's looking better and better each time.

This is almost exactly what I was going to say.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 01:21 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

October 5th can't get here soon enough.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 10:29 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Well, i'll say this...,it can't be worse than that piece of shit arcade game that recently released on the 360...,man, what a steaming pile of poo that is.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 11:30 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Am I the only one who is highly anticipating this game? Man, this game looks so much fun.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2010 09:55 PM
Demonic Phoenix

I'm looking forward to it since I'm a Castlevania fan, and there hasn't been a decent Castlevania game in a while that I could play. The extended trailer was excellent, and hopefully the game doesn't disappoint.

That said, I hope Dracula appears (should be a given) and that he is as badass in this game as he usually is.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Oct 2nd, 2010 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 02:21 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

yeah, im way excited about this game. It looks like it has great potential, but like dp said, i want dracula, but im not seeing any sign of it. though it might be just because it is supposed to be assumed.

but death is there big grin and that looks awesome

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 02:55 AM
Demonic Phoenix

I get the feeling that the person stating "I will wipe the name of Belmont from this Land/World" might be Dracula. Or do you think it is someone else?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 03:02 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

^ Or, Gabriel Belmont might become Dracula at the end of the game shifty

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 03:18 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Alucard?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 04:09 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I must say that I am more intrigued with the story and cinematics than I am actually playing the game.

It is very "Dante's Inferno", though. Even the story's premise is Dante's Inferno.

However, I agree that the "hack and slash" isn't a bad option. It really makes sense.

Also, I think I saw several homages to Super Castlevania IV in that trailer with some of the boss fights.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 04:23 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

lovley soundtrack amd gameplay

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2010 06:32 PM