KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

The "official" trailer

gameplay footage

I can't wait for this game! This is one of my all-time favorite movies, and this game looks so beautiful and awesome! I found a small wiki article, but I'm looking for more info.

All of the original actors and writers are returning, and it's supposed to be as close to an actual "Ghostbusters 3" movie as we'll ever see, according to Dan Aykroyd.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 01:04 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I saw an article on this, and went "wow." It looks like it will be incredible.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 01:14 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

This month's Game Informer features the game on it's cover and has a massive article about it. It was rather interesting.

I just noticed something:

Look at Ecto-1, the car of the Ghostbusters, in the footage reel I posted. It's not the original model as we know it. It looks like a Dodge Charger wagon, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by Impediment on Nov 25th, 2007 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 01:19 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I just noticed something:

Look at Ecto-1, the car of the Ghostbusters, in the footage reel I posted. It's not the original model as we know it. It looks like a Dodge Charger wagon, if I'm not mistaken.

I noticed that too. Well Game Informer said like it took two years after the second movie or some time around there so I guess they upgraded or something.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 02:11 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

There is sure to be many upgrades we can expect.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 09:43 AM
Hazardous

That looks awesome, 4 player co-op would be insane.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 10:04 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That would be pretty sweet.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 07:40 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I remember first seeing the gameplay footage of this game nearly two years ago. I shat my pants. FINALLY A GOOD GHOSTBUSTER GAME. Then i heard it was cancelled and spent a week crying. Im glad to hear that it is now revived.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 07:48 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

YES the Stay Puff Marshmellow man will appear!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 07:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Apparently, Stay Puft is one of the early bosses of the game. I can't wait to see who the real baddie is.

It's revealed that the main protagonist, your character, is a rookie 5th recruit who is the "guinea pig" user of Egon & Ray's newest ghost catching equipment. You get to use a weapon called the Electron Beam, being the polar opposite of the proton beam. The electron beam freezes ghosts in their tracks and its shotgun-like secondary fire shatters them to pieces. It is, however, not recommended for every single ghost encounter or certain bosses.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:12 PM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think that second video you posted is from that version of the game that was shown a while back, but it got canned because they didnt have the rights. Because in the gameinformer article the Ecto is actually the same one from the movie.

I think they might be using the same engine, but I doubt that second vid is from this game.

But oh my god I can not wait for this.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:19 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Perhaps the painting ghost from GB2, may be the real villain?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 08:40 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Vigo? That'd be a cop out. I'm sure Aykroyd and Ramis are writing in a brand new main villain.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2007 10:59 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

as long as i get to trap ghosts and cross streams im happy

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 12:45 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I might have missed it in the videos, but is it console or PC, or both?

Looks awsome though!

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 01:01 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Before it was cancelled the first time around. The gameplay was featured on the 360 engine. Im going to bet that its still slated for console release considering that it offers multiplayer wink

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 01:12 AM
Impediment
Endless

Refresh my memory.

Why was this originally cancelled?

Did the video game producers create intial footage without securing rights, or did the franchise owners retract from the project?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 01:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Refresh my memory.

Why was this originally cancelled?

Did the video game producers create intial footage without securing rights, or did the franchise owners retract from the project?

all i know is that it had something to do with not having the necessary rights. I dont think the producers pulled an "aliens colonial marines" and just decided to pull the plug for no apparent reason. Considering that the game is now an official title to be released. Im assuming That it was nothing more than someone not getting enough money

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 03:26 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think it was a rights issue. But considering the new game looks much like the older videos, someone might have liked what they saw and got the same people to make an all new official game.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 03:31 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I hope the main villain is a damn good one, do you think they will take ghost's from the animated series, as well as the movie ghosts.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 12:21 PM