KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Assassins Creed 3... WW2/ Female Assassin WHATTTT

Assassins Creed 3... WW2/ Female Assassin WHATTTT
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SWblayde938

Assassins Creed 3... WW2/ Female Assassin WHATTTT

alright i found this article on the internet and i guess the developers are already thinking of assassins creed 3 and are thinking of setting it in WW2 and having a female assassin. now im fine with having a female assassin... its just i think ww2 is a bad setting for AC3... i didn't want assassins turn into a shooter, i like the melee weapon fighting system in the game so much.... i dont want so many guns...... idk its just a idea...

heres the link

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...character/News/

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:39 AM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I thought that through each AC game, it would follow the ancestral blood line of Desmond's ancestors.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

What?

All it says is that a WWII setting was not ruled out as being impossible, and the rest of it is conjecture based on that. It's absolutely meaningless.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:47 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Killing Nazi's is getting very overrated and I think we can take a note from Velvet Assassin that playing as an assassin in a WWII era is not gonna work.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:50 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWblayde938

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
What?

All it says is that a WWII setting was not ruled out as being impossible, and the rest of it is conjecture based on that. It's absolutely meaningless.
yeah i know its just an idea... but its an idea... i dont want it to be an idea... i dont want it to be a shooter...... i dont want lots of guns, i love the old fashion bladework in Assassins Creed... the gun in AC2 is alright cause its limited, but other than that.... its pretty scary... i think im overreacting a little bit..... sry just this is one of favorite series of all time....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:51 AM
SWblayde938 is currently offline Click here to Send SWblayde938 a Private Message Find more posts by SWblayde938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWblayde938

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Killing Nazi's is getting very overrated and I think we can take a note from Velvet Assassin that playing as an assassin in a WWII era is not gonna work.
that game was horrible....

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:53 AM
SWblayde938

Originally posted by SWblayde938

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:53 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Of course it was horrible. It was so horrible, I nearly vomited. That's why I'm saying that having an assassin game set in WWII can never work.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:56 AM
Peach
mordrem

yeah i know its just an idea... but its an idea... i dont want it to be an idea... i dont want it to be a shooter...... i dont want lots of guns, i love the old fashion bladework in Assassins Creed... the gun in AC2 is alright cause its limited, but other than that.... its pretty scary... i think im overreacting a little bit..... sry just this is one of favorite series of all time....

But that's the thing - there is no evidence that it IS an idea. The entire 'article' is pointless conjecture based on someone saying "WWII-era is not out of the realm of possibilities".

Also, do not make multiple posts in a row. There's an edit button, use it.

Of course it was horrible. It was so horrible, I nearly vomited. That's why I'm saying that having an assassin game set in WWII can never work.

I would not judge an idea completely undoable because of one attempt at it not working well.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 01:58 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i would love a good assassin/spy game set in a sandbox styled WW2 france or berlin or something. that would be awesome if done right.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:01 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWblayde938

But that's the thing - there is no evidence that it IS an idea. The entire 'article' is pointless conjecture based on someone saying "WWII-era is not out of the realm of possibilities".

Also, do not make multiple posts in a row. There's an edit button, use it.

I would not judge an idea completely undoable because of one attempt at it not working well.
like u said peach this article is probably made up by someone.........

Last edited by SWblayde938 on Oct 19th, 2009 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:01 AM
Peach
mordrem

i know... but would u agree assassins creed in ww2 would be bad........

No, I wouldn't necessarily agree. It, just like anything else, could end up being very good. And it'd be a nice change from all of the WWII shooters.

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i would love a good assassin/spy game set in a sandbox styled WW2 france or berlin or something. that would be awesome if done right.

Agreed.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:02 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Well usually first attempts are sometimes fail but this is more than fail, it's MASSIVE FAIL. Yes the caps are necessary because that's how big a fail the game and its idea is.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:03 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I read this on facebook a while ago laughing

yep, they said they want a female assassin for the next game. You don't know how they will end AC2, so it's a posibility. the WW2 scenario it is just conjecture at this point. It sounds ok to me, but I doubt they'll go that way

Velvet Assassin had a good premise, but terrible execution, but I doubt that'll factor in Ubisoft's decision. It's all about their ability to develop a good game, if they think they can do it, so be it.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Last edited by S_D_J on Oct 19th, 2009 at 02:12 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:04 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Besides it seems impossible to picture an Altair-like person avoiding bullets and possibly tank shells.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:06 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Besides it seems impossible to picture an Altair-like person avoiding bullets and possibly tank shells.

he's an assassin, not a commando. stealth games have worked before in military situations (splinter cell), so i don't see why it would be so difficult.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:06 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Well usually first attempts are sometimes fail but this is more than fail, it's MASSIVE FAIL. Yes the caps are necessary because that's how big a fail the game and its idea is.

There is nothing wrong with the idea. Simply the execution in that particular game.

Since when does "WWII-era AC" mean it'd have anything to do with actual battles? It'd likely be the same basic style it is now - going about cities and doing stuff there.

There was much, much more to the war than guns and tanks. Go take a history class and do everyone a favor.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:08 AM
SWblayde938

Originally posted by -Pr-
he's an assassin, not a commando. stealth games have worked before in military situations (splinter cell), so i don't see why it would be so difficult.
i get what u guys saying that ww2 could work if executed... i just dont like having so many guns in Assassins creed.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:11 AM
S_D_J
Bane

what it they go the way of "The Professional" and turn it into a sniper assassin?

seriously, the setting is quite appealing, but it's not all about guns. If done proper, it'll be a worthwhile game.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:17 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWblayde938

Originally posted by S_D_J
what it they go the way of "The Professional" and turn it into a sniper assassin?

seriously, the setting is quite appealing, but it's not all about guns. If done proper, it'll be a worthwhile game.
now that would be alright, having a sniper assassin would be pretty fun.... but i still prefer melee weapons, but ur ideas are interesting.... like ur a russian sniper assassin related to desmond, and is the best sniper in the war and u assassination targates are german officers, and ur final one is hitler who aturns out to be a templar..... so basically all the german officers and targets u kill are templars..... lol idk man

Last edited by SWblayde938 on Oct 19th, 2009 at 02:27 AM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2009 02:23 AM