KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

F.E.A.R. is back, and is more scary than before. The game is developed by Monolith Productions and is published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game is being runned by the Lithtech: Jupiter EX engine.

The game takes place thirty minutes before the ending of the first FEAR game. A Delta Squad shows up to arrest Genevieve Aristitude. You won't be playing the Point Man so the character you'll play is one of the Delta Squad members named Michael Becket. He will have psychic abilities just like the Point Man.

Alma is back to scare the living **** out of you with new horrors awaiting.

F.E.A.R. 2 is a first person shooter and will be released Febuary 10, 2009.

To learn more about the game, here's a link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Origin

I'm surprised no one made a thread for this game yet. It's awesome!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I now for us PAL users its finally getting a release it was banned and then got overturned.......Hooray !!.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 07:12 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Can't wait for this game.

Loved the original.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 04:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Same. Original was one of my favorite games that year. This one looks to solve the only real flaw of the first one - repetitive environments.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 06:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

And apparently from what I have read add in some more blood.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 07:08 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Buckets of it.

As for Backfire, hopefully they fix the repetitive environments. I heard the create your own cover works well and enemies are smart enough to use it against you.

They said their fixing the story, but I really didnt have any problems with the first one, so I dont know what they are going to do.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 08:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Whoo can't wait first one kicked ass Alma still scares me. I'm gonna try and save up for this and get it the day it comes out.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 11:15 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I enjoyed the first one and I've got high hopes for the second.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:37 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Alma makes my heart stop beating in a second. She's friggin scary. This is what I get when I watch too much of the Grudge. Whoever made that movie deserves a smack.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

I hear rumors that the overly conservative Australian government has banned it due to it being "too scary", thus it will not be getting released here. Thank f*ck for torrents, I say. The original was underrated IMO. Can't wait for the second one.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 04:39 AM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

I'm so ready to get it, but i hope that the horror part won't be interupted too much by frequently appearing soldiers like in gthe first game.

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 05:20 AM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

anyone know if they're going to add more hand to hand combat maneuvers?.. I liked doing them jumping spin kicks in bullet time

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 06:17 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kosta
I hear rumors that the overly conservative Australian government has banned it due to it being "too scary", thus it will not be getting released here. Thank f*ck for torrents, I say. The original was underrated IMO. Can't wait for the second one.

If you scroll up and see what said you won't need torrents.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 07:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Originally posted by Kazenji
If you scroll up and see what said you won't need torrents.

Oh. Fkn Awesome. big grin

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jan 15th, 2009 01:37 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Check out the demo.

It's pretty sweet. It's basically FEAR but it seems to me that the environments will be much better.

Can't really check out any of the new things like cover and stuff but it seems to me that it will be a blast to play.

It keeps on skipping a bit where I move 15 feet on the PC version. It has a rock solid frame rate at max and 1440x900 until it stops and starts.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 10:36 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Played the demo on 360 and I must say it is every bit as fun as the original with more stuff and it is actually more scary and disturbing.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 10:43 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm in love with the demo. Fixed the only problem the original had in varying the environments, great graphics - love the motion blur. Bloody as hell, great visceral combat, guns are satisfying to use. Can't wait.

Smas, yeah it skipped for me too, about every 15-20 feet like you say.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 01:47 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
I'm in love with the demo. Fixed the only problem the original had in varying the environments, great graphics - love the motion blur. Bloody as hell, great visceral combat, guns are satisfying to use. Can't wait.

Smas, yeah it skipped for me too, about every 15-20 feet like you say.

Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I'll say one thing was that playing that demo made me want to play the original again, even though I already played it three times.

And seriously, Monolith is the only company that freaks the shit out of me.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 02:05 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They're more better then id Software thesedays imo.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 05:17 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

ID hasn't done anything in years.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2009 04:31 PM