KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Raz (Psychonauts) v.s. Kain

Raz (Psychonauts) v.s. Kain
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Raz (Psychonauts) v.s. Kain

Because for once I'm not making a spite thread against Kain. I think this is a close match.

Raz, or Rasputin, is the child from Psychonauts, which to be blunt, is a ****ing amazing game. He's a psychic who goes to a psychic summer camp to become a psychonaut, a psychic secret agent. All of the 'levels' are inside people's heads. no expression

If you have no played this game, seriously, go do so... NOW. no expression

This is end-game, fully powered up Raz, and he's already entered Kain's mind, this is where the battle takes place.

Kain has to Peel away the layers to Raz' Astral self and expel him from his mind. If he succeeds, he then has to fight against Raz in the real world. I'm taking away Kain's soul reaver.

Will Kain end up brain dead, or will he get some psychic lunch, what does KMC think?

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:14 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Real world should be Kains, but a battle in the mind? Different. Probably Raz as its his area of expertise.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 09:23 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

K, so Assassin's Creed 2, inFamous, and Ratchet and Clank games are out there and you are playing Psychonauts.

That is twice now, Shin.

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 10:07 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapidash

How is the process of peeling done?

Perspective

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 10:30 PM
Rapidash is currently offline Click here to Send Rapidash a Private Message Find more posts by Rapidash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Basicly you have to kill him in you mental world, and it weakens his ability to manifest inside your head, but doesn't affect him at all outside. He's actually more powerful outside of your head anyway.

And Moo, Psychonauts > Ratchet.

Raz has reasonably strong TK, stronger than Kain's, a sheild which defends him from powers, physical forces, the works, pyrokinesis, "psi bolts" which is basicly him shooting you with mind bullets, clairboyance, invisibility, confusion, levitation, goggles, physical 'psi attacks' which amountto a gaint hand smacking you around with super-human strength, and.. I think I'm missing something. I'll go check in game.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Jan 20th, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 11:17 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
And Moo, Psychonauts > Ratchet.

Three times.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 11:24 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

What are you counting? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 11:24 PM
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

The number of times I am to kick you in the testicles.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 11:36 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Clairboyance, huh Scream? I don't think I've ever heard of that particular psychic ability. What is it, like a psychic feather fall or something?

Nice thread, by the way. I never got a chance to play Psychonauts myself, but I heard it was awesome.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:01 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Bad typing was bad, lol. Wish I could edit.

It *really* is an awesome game. Definite replay value, too. Get it if at all possible. no expression

I'm really not 100% sure who wins this. I'm leaning to Raz because he has explosive pyrokinesis, and we all know what that does to vampires, and also his shield, which by the way is freakin' impressive. No spoilers unless necessary.

What's the code for spoiler hiding?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:09 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kain gestures, Raz drops dead as blood pours from his body. Unless theres some good feats for some of his powers Kain can either tank them, dodge or mist.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:28 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

BT, did you even bother to read the OP?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:35 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

@BT: We all knew you were going to say that, and everything else that you're going to say, so you can save yourself some effort by just not doing so.

Information on Kain will be taken into consideration, blatant wanking and claims of victory not so much. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:37 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by XanatosForever
BT, did you even bother to read the OP?

sure, Kain does not have his reaver....so?

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
@BT: We all knew you were going to say that, and everything else that you're going to say

Then dont make this thread, its not in question if all Raz can do is what youve stated roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Burning thought on Jan 21st, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:38 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
This is end-game, fully powered up Raz, and he's already entered Kain's mind, this is where the battle takes place.

Kain has to Peel away the layers to Raz' Astral self and expel him from his mind. If he succeeds, he then has to fight against Raz in the real world. I'm taking away Kain's soul reaver.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:39 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is that relevant? whats the difference between him in Kains head and him in the physical world?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:40 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

It's relevant because it adds up to Kain having to kill multiple weaker Razputins before getting a crack at the real, more powerful Razputin in the real world. He also can affect your "mental world" while he's in there, making changes to your perception and mental health. Also, he wears goggles when he's inside your head.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:42 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

That doesnt change anything about what I said other than Kain will have to do the same tactic several times....

And apprently this kid is 10 years old, what has he seen in his life to make the assumption that he wouldnt just die of fright from entering Kains mind?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:44 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

And when Raz adapts to that tactic and counters it by setting Kain's mind on fire?

And this is where I say "Play the game" for a different reason then usual. Some of the mental worlds are pretty freaky and awesome. Also, I don't like giving spoilers, but the kid's not easy to scare, tell me the spoiler code and I'll give you more info.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:44 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

"when Raz adapts to that tactic" will not happen, and in the past what effect has "setting the mind" on fire had on his opponents? how was it done?

"play the game" is a copout for any argument, you go and play LOK and you will perhaps stop making silly threads, saying "kains wins" and giving a simple and obvious reason why every time is getting boring even for me.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2010 10:45 AM