KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How much stronger is Superboy Prime than Superman

How much stronger is Superboy Prime than Superman
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

How much stronger is Superboy Prime than Superman

Thoughts?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 03:56 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Warned.

Closed.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 03:58 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

In before the lock!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 03:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I was just messing with Quan. laughing out loud

I would like to see some SBP feats though. I'm too lazy to look myself.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:01 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Badabing
Warned.

Closed.

laughing out loud I'm in a Prime mood.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

1/4

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:12 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Krypto ftw

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:13 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by rotiart
Krypto ftw
What?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:20 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Hmmm.

In all honesty, I don't see the gap between them being *too* great. Granted, Prime is basically a "silver age Kryptonian", but the fact that he's without restraint certainly helps. I'd say Prime begins by default stronger, faster, and more durable than Supes, but if Superman ever went crazy/emo, he would be able to rival Prime in certain aspects. I'm personally of the opinion that Superman is steadily increasing his Pre-Crisis levels anyway. And this is, of course, without factoring in the Guardian Amp.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:23 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hmmm.

In all honesty, I don't see the gap between them being *too* great. Granted, Prime is basically a "silver age Kryptonian", but the fact that he's without restraint certainly helps. I'd say Prime begins by default stronger, faster, and more durable than Supes, but if Superman ever went crazy/emo, he would be able to rival Prime in certain aspects. I'm personally of the opinion that Superman is steadily increasing his Pre-Crisis levels anyway. And this is, of course, without factoring in the Guardian Amp.
I disagree. Prime's shown himself to be his superior and shrug him off like a minor irritant. I think he's definitely stronger than him. We've seen Superman not hold back at all against WW. I think Prime would have wrecked her in moments to which she would stay down.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:28 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by quanchi112
I disagree. Prime's shown himself to be his superior and shrug him off like a minor irritant. I think he's definitely stronger than him. We've seen Superman not hold back at all against WW. I think Prime would have wrecked her in moments to which she would stay down.

Oh, I'm not saying Prime isn't his superior; even if Superman went balls-to-the-walls, Prime would still be > than him, but the gap isn't that large as to claim it would be a spite in favor of Prime. Essentially every fight with Prime is a clusterf*ck, with various people getting in the way. And when Superman is directly involved, he's trying to either reach through to Prime, worried about the people around him, or dealing with other circumstances.

Look at the Ion/Prime battle for example. Prime, obviously, won the match. And yet a rookie Ion did better against Prime (refueled naturally by the sun) than the combined efforts of DC Earth. It seems to me anyway, one super strong character vs. Prime stands a better chance than an assembled host of heroes against him.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:35 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

And yet a rookie Ion did better against Prime (refueled naturally by the sun) than the combined efforts of DC Earth.
Of course, he had the power of Kyle Rayner.

He never actually got the Ion power, the power he got was from being in the presence of the greatest hero in comic history.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:36 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Oh, I'm not saying Prime isn't his superior; even if Superman went balls-to-the-walls, Prime would still be > than him, but the gap isn't that large as to claim it would be a spite in favor of Prime. Essentially every fight with Prime is a clusterf*ck, with various people getting in the way. And when Superman is directly involved, he's trying to either reach through to Prime, worried about the people around him, or dealing with other circumstances.

Look at the Ion/Prime battle for example. Prime, obviously, won the match. And yet a rookie Ion did better against Prime (refueled naturally by the sun) than the combined efforts of DC Earth. It seems to me anyway, one super strong character vs. Prime stands a better chance than an assembled host of heroes against him.
I disagree.

An entire pack of heroes is more effective against Prime than Ion was. Prime just beat the crap out of him and was in no real danger. I think Superman has benefited big time from the battle distractions against Prime more than the other way around.

How much stronger would you say then if both are balls to the wall.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:38 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I disagree.

An entire pack of heroes is more effective against Prime than Ion was. Prime just beat the crap out of him and was in no real danger. I think Superman has benefited big time from the battle distractions against Prime more than the other way around.

How much stronger would you say then if both are balls to the wall.

No prob, I can see how one would believe the opposite as it is open to debate.

Ion managed to deal damage to Prime, and until the lead poisoning, was holding his own against him. Let's face it, Prime's durability is often suspect as Conner Kent is able to damage him. You know how people (including myself, as I've mentioned it before) say that Thanos durability >> his damage output? I'd say the opposite holds true for Prime. Prime has been shown to be hurt pretty often, but he either regens quickly enough or, more likely, he has a low pain threshold while having a high durability if that makes sense. He feels pain a lot more easily, but he's less prone to being KOed or seriously harmed.

If both we're going at it, 110% effort, bloodlusted, Prime is at least twice as strong as him still.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:44 AM
King Kandy

If you mean the horde that was beating on him before Ion came out, he was weakened from lack of sunlight at the time and once the sun came out he easily beat their asses.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:45 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No prob, I can see how one would believe the opposite as it is open to debate.

Ion managed to deal damage to Prime, and until the lead poisoning, was holding his own against him. Let's face it, Prime's durability is often suspect as Conner Kent is able to damage him. You know how people (including myself, as I've mentioned it before) say that Thanos durability >> his damage output? I'd say the opposite holds true for Prime. Prime has been shown to be hurt pretty often, but he either regens quickly enough or, more likely, he has a low pain threshold while having a high durability if that makes sense. He feels pain a lot more easily, but he's less prone to being KOed or seriously harmed.

If both we're going at it, 110% effort, bloodlusted, Prime is at least twice as strong as him still.
I think that's just inconsistent writing and considering he just came back you knew Prime wasn't going to easily trash him even though he could.

I also think He was just enjoying himself while he mopped the floor up with Ion.

You're free to have those opinions, but I just disagree with them. I think with Prime he's just an emotional mess because he's an immature kid but it's hard to say superboy's hv is greater than Black Adam's punches wouldn't you agree?
Ok, from your post earlier I thought you viewed them a lot closer than that.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:49 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think that's just inconsistent writing and considering he just came back you knew Prime wasn't going to easily trash him even though he could.

I also think He was just enjoying himself while he mopped the floor up with Ion.

You're free to have those opinions, but I just disagree with them. I think with Prime he's just an emotional mess because he's an immature kid but it's hard to say superboy's hv is greater than Black Adam's punches wouldn't you agree?
Ok, from your post earlier I thought you viewed them a lot closer than that.

It could be inconsistent writing, but in Infinite Crisis and SCW alike, lesser heroes were able to make Prime cry out in pain, but at the same token unable to deal lasting damage. It could also be psychological in nature because Prime himself obviously has a fragile psyche.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 04:54 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Prime is about 3 time stronger then regular Superman. Though an all out (not mindcontrolled) "save the universe no matter what" Superman should be his equal if not his superior.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 06:46 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

At base levels, Prime is stronger.

sans mental blocks/holding back, though, they're about even imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 07:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

nah

Old Post Feb 5th, 2010 07:33 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote