KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » FPS games on consoles and the PC

FPS games on consoles and the PC
Started by: avatarest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Restricted

Account Restricted

FPS games on consoles and the PC

hi people i just bought a PS3 and wanted to get some FPS games for my new console but the thing is i dont really know how will it play on the PS3 with a controller? so i wantedto know is it any different from playing the PC? and if so then by how much? is it posibble to play FPS on the console with the controller smooth? thanks

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 06:49 AM
avatarest is currently offline Click here to Send avatarest a Private Message Find more posts by avatarest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

It's obviously a lot different, using 2 analog sticks is going to give you a different feel to the mouse and keyboard. Most console FPS games are designed for it though, and it generally works a treat,.. You may have to tweak the stick sensitivity (especially on the PS3 I find) but control works well.

It'll never be as easy as simply clicking on the ememies but the triggers and vibration of the controller makes the games more immersive IMO.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 08:07 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's different. If you're used to playing PC shooters then there is a noticeable drop off in controller quality. That said, you will probably get used to using a console controller. Mouse and keyboard will always be best, though. Especially if that's what you're already used to.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 08:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

you lose control of pointing/aiming and gain control as far as movement goes.

nothing your thumb can do will ever be as coordinated as your entire hand. however , due to the fact that wasd is an inefficient waste of three fingers and you are limited to moving in 8 directions with no speed control, you gain a higher control of movement with a full circle analogue stick and multiple levels of speed control. It also lets you use your pointer and flipper to press other buttons while you maintain complete control over movement.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 09:14 AM
Moriarty is currently offline Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

PC always the best for FPS but of course for console fps you'll get use to it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 12:27 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I used to only play PC Games, but lately I have been playing more on the 360, and it's not as bad as I imagined, it's of course not as good, but it's still a lot of fun. The best game I played for a controller is Left 4 Dead, I really didn't miss a mouse much at all with it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 12:45 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Restricted

Account Restricted

thank you people i just picked up battlefield bad company 2 and call of duty modern warfare 2 they are nice games and i enjoy them but my thing is operation flashpoint and armada i like it as hard as it can be.

sometimes i like to play soldier of fortune 3 just for the laugh overall i am a big fan of FPS games and i always played that on my PC i also continue to play them on my PC its just that i wanted to try them on my console as well, its kinda fun a whole different feeling but ye mouse and keyboard are the best for that just like with strategy games while controller is for fighting games and third person action adventure like god of war and such

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 07:22 PM
avatarest is currently offline Click here to Send avatarest a Private Message Find more posts by avatarest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by avatarest

sometimes i like to play soldier of fortune 3 just for the laugh overall i am a big fan of FPS games and i always played that on my PC i also continue to play them on my PC its just that i wanted to try them on my console as well, its kinda fun a whole different feeling but ye mouse and keyboard are the best for that just like with strategy games while controller is for fighting games and third person action adventure like god of war and such

Yes, pretty much.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2010 07:49 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote