KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New AVP Game in the Works

New AVP Game in the Works
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

New AVP Game in the Works

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/11/s...-in-early-2010/

Today Sega has announced that a new Alien vs. Predator game is in development for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The game will come out in early 2010.

Because of this game being in development, they say we won't be seeing Aliens: Colonial Marines anytime soon (RAGE mad ).

Well anyways, I'm glad that they're making this game and I hope it'll be a lot of fun.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 03:31 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet Fox
Gun Slinger

Im a HUGE fan of the Alien and Predator Movies. I loved how they clashed the two species together too. I have AVP 1 and 2 for the computer and am looking forward to this game.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 03:38 AM
Scarlet Fox is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet Fox a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Unless this is designed using the format from the PC games i really couldn't care less. Considering that Sierra was behind the previous AvP games and the new one is being produced by Sega tells me to expect dogshit. I have no confidence in Segas' abilities to produce games. I know, rebellion is back but it's a different team and Sega blows at producing.

Seriously, this is fuking disgusting. They abandon Colonial Marines, a game that was nearly finished, for a completely new project...

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Feb 12th, 2009 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 04:55 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I agree this is gonna turn out shit

and they have'nt abandond Colonial Marines its still coming just don't expect it this year.

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 12th, 2009 at 05:06 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Sierra did not do anything with actual development. It was Rebellion, and Monolith for the two games.

Alien: Colonial Marines is still in development but is going to be release after this game. It still being released and its still being done by Gearbox, who is a pretty good developer.

This game is being produced by the same team as the original. Its not a different team, its the same team.

If you have two good developing firms, why should we expect dogshit if Sega is publishing it. They have no control over how the game is being developed.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 05:11 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

WHAT?? They delayed A: CM again?

Good god at this rate that game is going to get cancelled.

First they say it will be released in march, and then june and now 2010?
Wtf man and not to mention the new AVP game is going to be console exclusive, what absolute BS.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 06:41 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just shows PC gaming is going down the drain.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 07:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Sierra did not do anything with actual development. It was Rebellion, and Monolith for the two games.

Alien: Colonial Marines is still in development but is going to be release after this game. It still being released and its still being done by Gearbox, who is a pretty good developer.

This game is being produced by the same team as the original. Its not a different team, its the same team.

If you have two good developing firms, why should we expect dogshit if Sega is publishing it. They have no control over how the game is being developed.

I thought Sega was going to be producing as well as distributing AvP. If they are merely distributing the game that gives me some hope. So, it's going to be the same team developing and not just the same name ?

Colonial Marines..., at this point, I'll believe it when i see it.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 07:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was actually a reasonably lengthy article on it in Game Informer.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 07:53 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
No it isn't.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 08:42 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What does PC have to do with a game being delayed. Hell, most delayed games turn out better than non delayed games and its pretty much assumed most games will be delayed one time or another.

Sega isnt producing the game. Gearbox, and Rebellion are developing it. I dont know if Sega has any say but those two developers are doing it.

I think one of the reasons Gearbox is delaying Aliens: CM is because they are developing Borderlands, 3 other rumoured games and just finished Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway. They are also from the same mold as Valve on where they take forever to develop it.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 06:04 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Colonial Marines delayed AGAIN?

FAIL.

out of all the games i was looking forward to this year, CM was the one i wanted the most...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2009 10:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Exactly.

i'm hoping A: CM would be better than left 4 dead and be an awesome game.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 02:22 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji

Agreed. 360 and PS3 is right where the money is.

AVP better make up for the delay of Colonial Marines because if not, I'm gonna be really pissed off. They have no right to make an awesome game such as this to be delayed.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 07:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Agreed. 360 and PS3 is right where the money is.

Even if the game is PC exclusive? Doesn't make sense does it. But i'm going to assume piracy is what made you say that which os pretty muc true.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2009 02:53 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know with that installing games through Steam or making PC games exclusive to a certain windows so they can install was trying to put a stop to Piracy But i just hate that idea.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 01:06 AM
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing is, it is not easy to stop piracy and as a PC gamer ,i absolutely hate that crap known as DRM or securom, they treat the real customers like criminals and because of that i had actually seen people pirate the game because of that.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 02:01 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

People are pirating PC games? Didn't know that. Honestly, I think PC gaming sucks. Which is why I stick to the 360 and PS3.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 05:46 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Im a HUGE fan of the Alien and Predator Movies. I loved how they clashed the two species together too. I have AVP 1 and 2 for the computer and am looking forward to this game.

Same here, I agree completely. I hope it has good online matches.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 06:03 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
People are pirating PC games? Didn't know that. Honestly, I think PC gaming sucks. Which is why I stick to the 360 and PS3.

Why does PC gaming suck for you ?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2009 08:15 AM