KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Warhawk

Warhawk
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Discos
The Discmeister

Warhawk

Just wondering what everyone is thinking of the hype surrounding this game. Got an email about 3 days ago telling me of this game and since then I have read article after article about the game.

Looks good. finally another game other than Resistance that has all the features the PS3 was made for. The Online multiplayer should be fun, I love the shootemup multiplayers.

I believe you get a PS3 headset along with the purchase of the game. Not very sure.

£32 from play.com, probably the same at the supermarkets.

Released 21st of September I think.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 04:42 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

My cousin got the game, it looks so friggin awesome.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 05:41 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Warhawk (PS3)

I'm debating whether or not to buy this game. It looks absolutely beautiful, and the fact that is is strictly mutliplayer, as opposed to single player, might make for a very fun online experience. The Playstation Network has the complete Warhawk game available for download for $39.99, but players who buy the game from retailers for $59.99 will also get extra content such as behind-the-scenes developer interviews, concept art and trailers. In addition, the retail version comes bundled with a Jabra BT125 Bluetooth headset, allowing players to chat with other players online while playing the game.

The game takes advantage of the PlayStation 3 SIXAXIS controller's motion sensing capabilities, allowing players to maneuver aircraft by tilting the controller in different directions rather than the more conventional methods of using the D-pad or analog sticks. However, the developers have stated that a more traditional control scheme is optional. The game engine features procedurally-generated water and waves, as well as volumetric clouds. Warhawk features at least 32-player online battles exclusively, with the ability to have 4 players use one PlayStation 3 in split-screen mode. Either player can seamlessly enter or exit the game while a match is in progress.

There are three vehicles for each faction; a Warhawk/Nemesis aircraft, a jeep, and tank.

The Warhawk is the plane for the Eucadian forces. While it has a regular flight mode that resembles a fighter jet it also has a hover mode that resembles a helicopter. The official site says that it is an artistic mix of Curtis P-40 Warhawk and the A-10 Warthog. The Chernovan plane is called the Nemesis. Its design was a combination of the German Luftwaffe, Messerschmitt Me-262, and the Lockheed Martin F-35B.

An off-road jeep-like vehicle which can carry up to three soldiers; a driver, a passenger, and a gunner. Extremely fast with little protection, they have a mounted machine gun on the back. The jeeps of both sides are essentially the same, only with a different visual style.

The tanks are also very similar. The heavily-armored tanks can hold a driver/cannon operator, and a turret machine-gunner. Although one of the slowest vehicles, it can take repeated attacks and still operate.

Check out some gameplay from the aerial combat mode:

I, myself, have never been a big fan of games like this, but after playing a little bit of the game while in Gamestop, I am seriously considering this game. Anyone have any comments/reviews/recommendations?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2007 08:31 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Here is another clip:

Old Post Sep 15th, 2007 08:33 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Lana, I'm a dumbass.

I looked for an already existing thread, and didn't see the already existing thread on the first damn page. embarrasment Sorry.

Feel free to merge/delete this thread.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2007 08:35 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

I aint played it and aint played the original PS1 version, but I have ordered it and have done so on the mountains of awesome reviews I've read.

It's been a long long time since I've played a flight fighting game. Ground assault wil be awesome too.

There is supposed to be thousands of people to play the game online with, can't wait.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2007 05:37 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Just bought this today, and it was worth every cent.

It's very fun and even more addictive.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 08:09 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Shouldnt this be called Battlefield?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 02:25 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look! A behind the character version of Halo eek!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 03:47 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

It may be inferior to Halo, yes, but it is still amazingly fun.

That, and I don't own an Xbox 360.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 09:13 PM
Impediment
Endless

I searched, and this is the only thread.

I don't have the game anymore, since my house was burglarized a few years ago. However, I'm strongly considering buying it again, since I saw a used copy at Gamestop for only $13.

From what I remember, it was fun game with lots of aerial combat, jeeps & tanks, and mayhem. My favorite mode, on most any online battle game, is Capture the Flag.

Modern Warfare 2 is good, but I want to change things up a bit.

Does anyone still play this game? I want opinions so as not to waste my money and venture into an empty map asking myself, "Where the hell is everyone?"

Old Post Apr 9th, 2010 05:33 PM