KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Dante (DMC) vs. Archer (FSN)

Dante (DMC) vs. Archer (FSN)
Started by: I_Cheat_U_LOSE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Sucks 2 Be U

Dante (DMC) vs. Archer (FSN)

Dante from the Devil May Cry series vs. Archer (Emiya) from the Fate/stay Night series.

Both wear red trench coats with black clothing underneath. And both have white hair. However, Dante cracks jokes and insults while Archer gives sarcastic advice.

Dante gets everything except Quicksilver

Archer can trace any weapon in the DMC and/or FSN universe, and can cast Unlimited Blade Works

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 07:11 AM
I_Cheat_U_LOSE is currently offline Find more posts by I_Cheat_U_LOSE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Visual Novel right? Yeah that'd count.

Not know enough of Archer, what can he do and whats 'trace any weapon'?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 12:38 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordxalba
KMC MASTER

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain

me to

Attachment: kaykof13.jpg
This has been downloaded 84 time(s).

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 03:27 PM
lordxalba is currently offline Click here to Send lordxalba a Private Message Find more posts by lordxalba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Archer doesn't seem to be someone that Dante would have trouble dealing with. From what I've seen, he's just a normal human who can summon weapons and shoot powerful arrows.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 04:25 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Son of Sparda

If I recall Archer can shoot projectiles at mach 14. However he has nothing that can outright threaten Dante.

Dante has too much firepower, far too skilled etc: Dante should take this fairly handily

Worth noting that Archer can transform into a state that turns him intangible and invisible however he can't attack during this state

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 06:29 PM
Son of Sparda is currently offline Click here to Send Son of Sparda a Private Message Find more posts by Son of Sparda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

He can copy any weapon that Dante possesses. It'll be slightly worse than the original though.
He can then alter these copied weapons as he sees fit. Typically, he'll overload them with power, then fire them off as arrows. They get destroyed after this, but he's pretty much got an unlimited supply of weapons if he uses Unlimited Blade Works.
Unlimited Blade Works allows him to use any of the weapons he has copied (the number of which is very very high, almost countless), which includes most of the weapons that exist within the Gate of Babylon (I think he has a copy of Enkidu as well).
He also has limited Clairvoyance as well I think.

Dante's outmatched. Though the OP wasn't too clear on which DMC Dante this is.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 3rd, 2010 at 07:27 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 07:24 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

The weapons arnt the only thing that make Dante a threat, its his lightning bruiser status and additional powers. He can amp up the weapon but he's still himself behind it, not faster or stronger then Dante. Nothing there gives him the win.

DMC Dante would be any Dante.

Old Post May 3rd, 2010 07:34 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

Dante wins this. he's much too strong and fast. also if this is him from DMC1 or DMC4 then he really wins this. he's very powerful in those games.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 12:17 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Sucks 2 Be U

I am guessing not many people here know about Archer. Do I have to play devil's advocate and put in few words of support for Archer?

Old Post May 5th, 2010 09:58 PM
I_Cheat_U_LOSE is currently offline Find more posts by I_Cheat_U_LOSE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

We know enough about Archer from what DP said to know the outcome. Though if there are other feats, go ahead.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 10:01 PM
Demonic Phoenix

The weapons arnt the only thing that make Dante a threat, its his lightning bruiser status and additional powers. He can amp up the weapon but he's still himself behind it, not faster or stronger then Dante. Nothing there gives him the win.

DMC Dante would be any Dante.

Ehh? You think Dante's weapons are all Archer can use? He can use any weapon in the DMC verse and FSN verse, as per the OP.
Never mind as many copies of those weapons as he wants.

One weapon in the FSN verse has an attack that can become something like a space-time dislocation.
Another weapon will always strike the heart whenever it is thrown, no matter how fast the opponent, because of its power to reverse causality. In other words, the heart pierce is the 'cause', and the throw is the 'effect'.

No one with "Lightning Bruiser status" can stand up to such shit. Even Dante will go down if his heart is pierced multiple times.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post May 5th, 2010 11:39 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Well, the weapons Dante gets are the best ones in his(?) soo...

Dante's taken multiple stabs to the body in his weakest state and was fine, a few to the heart wont kill him. And he be getting his hits on Archer before any fatal damage happens. (Heart was completely severed by Alastor and he was fine) (If their not strong demons weapons then it'll do less damage)

Will one gunshot kill him?

Old Post May 5th, 2010 11:50 PM
Son of Sparda

A bullet to the head would probably do it. Problem is Archer is a casual bullet timer.

That spear would be Gae Bolg: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gae_Bolg

Dumb thing is if you have a high luck stat you can actually make it hit somewhere else other than the heart. Gae Bolg also has anti regeneraton enchantments on it. Though I'm fairly sure Dante has faced anti regen weapons and while it could become taxing to Dante overtime, Dante could probably kill him before it becomes too much for him.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 09:49 AM
Son of Sparda is currently offline Click here to Send Son of Sparda a Private Message Find more posts by Son of Sparda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Vid of Archer dodging bullets?

If after one stab Dante finds it as a threat he'd kill him before the second. (If he doesn't kill him before the first)

Old Post May 6th, 2010 10:24 AM
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Dante has pretty much had his heart torn in pieces.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 04:47 PM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Sucks 2 Be U

I’ll play devil’s advocate and vouch for Archer since there is overwhelming support towards Dante.

Archer’s ability to trace weapons basically makes him a swiss army knife. As long as there’s a weapon that can turn the tides of battle, Archer can copy that weapon (even legendary weapons) and use it himself. Hence he often states, if you cannot defeat your opponent, then imagine a weapon that can.

Archer can trace Gae Bog to stab Dante in the heart and negate his regeneration. Dante has survived stab wounds, however that’s because of his regeneration. With regeneration negated, Dante won’t be able to survive. Also Archer can trace Rule Breaker to negate Dante’s ability to use his special abilities, in this case: devil triggers.

Archer also gains the skills of the wielder when he traces and uses a weapon (clairvoyance ability). Thus if Archer traces Yamato, he gets Vergil’s swordsmanship skills which is more than enough to defeat Dante. Likewise, if he traces Rebellion, Archer gains the skills of Dante.

Archer’s tracing ability is not just limited to blades, he can also trace shields. Archer can trace shields (ex: Rho Atlas) to block Dante’s gunfire and his most powerful attacks (ie: in Devil Trigger mode). Since guns barely do any damage in the DMC universe its doubtful that bullets can kill Archer even without tracing a shield; most fights in DMC and FSN are won using blades, and Archer (aka The King of Blades) has every blade at his disposal.

Thought not that significant, it should be noted that Archer has the eye of mind ability, which guarantees his at least 1% to win every duel. Thus Archer always has a chance of defeating his opponent(s).

Finally Unlimited Blade Works, sends the battle into a pocket reality and gives Archer disposal to any weapon upon mere thought of it. Also within Unlimited Blade Works, Archer can telepathically control blades. With every weapon within the FSN and DMC universe at Archer’s disposal there’s bound to be a weapon that exist which Dante has a weakness to, and Archer can copy and use it. In a sense, fighting Archer is like fighting an opponent with a weakened version of reality manipulation and projection; Archer’s abilities being limited to projecting weapons and shields.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 06:54 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Eventually Dante will have to heal but he can survive long enough without it. Like the times he gets impaled his regeneration cant heal the wound until after the blade leaves, against Trish he had a sword through his chest for 30 secs while being electrocuted, against Nero it was 40 secs. He can last a good while without healing a wound. Says the Rule Breaker reduces sorcery and enhancements after it makes contact.

He can make any weapon but he still needs the magic power to use something at full power. A stronger weapon or skill like that of Excalibur is too much for him to use at full power. In this case strong DMC weapons. Cant find anything on clairvoyance taking skill part but taking just that its not much without their speed, strength and demon energy.

I don't think a bullet projectile is the same as a thrown item, wont be able to protect him all around either. DMC guns dont do much damage in gameplay, cutscenes show it to be powerful finisher. Also can be charged.

Bound to be a weapon of weakness isnt something to hope for, Archer has to deal with Dante's high strength, speed, few kinds of projectiles and weapons and Doppelgänger. (Could also add his other time powers but as the OP banned QS he must not want any kind)

Old Post May 10th, 2010 10:36 AM
Sin_Volvagia

Originally posted by I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Since guns barely do any damage in the DMC universe its doubtful that bullets can kill Archer even without tracing a shield; most fights in DMC and FSN are won using blades, and Archer (aka The King of Blades) has every blade at his disposal.

Guns aren't weaker in DMC. Dante has killed bird-like demons in one shot in DMC2 and a pistol shot from Lady pierced his head in DMC3. Also in DMC4, Dante killed Echidna and Berial with a pistol shot. The only reason the guns seem weaker is because of the demons he fights. That's why Nero had to use a customizable revolver because regular guns aren't that great to use.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post May 10th, 2010 12:40 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote