KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Lagiacrus vs. Gyarados

Lagiacrus vs. Gyarados
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Lagiacrus vs. Gyarados

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

The most fearsome underwater monster from Monster Hunter Tri encounters Gyarados, a Pokemon with an infamous temper. Both of them fight over territory.

Of course the battle takes place underwater in the ocean. Both of these beasts can use only their physical and electric attacks.

Which sea dweller will win this fight?

Last edited by General Kaliero on May 5th, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2010 10:00 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warden

Pokemon?? Really??

Old Post May 4th, 2010 11:41 PM
Warden is currently offline Click here to Send Warden a Private Message Find more posts by Warden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

How large is Lagiacrus?

All hail Scythe, King of the Sigs.

Old Post May 4th, 2010 11:47 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scenario
Greater Sci-Fi combatant

quote:
Brutally vicious and enormously destructive. Known for totally destroying cities in ancient times.

quote:
Once it appears, its rage never settles until it has razed the fields and mountains around it.

Gyarados has a 4x weakness to electricity, but is able to learn Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, and Thunder. Unfortunately, the Lagiacrus is immune to electricity and uses it in attacks. The Lagiacrus is weak to fire, but Gyarados' only fire moves, Flamethrower and Fire Blast, are not physical attacks.

This match is ridiculously stacked against Gyarados and was meant to play to the Lagiacrus' strengths. Regardless, Gyarados' best bet is to use Ice and Dragon type moves, since those will work pretty well, if not as well as Fire. That limits him to Ice Fang, Avalanche, and Outrage for best results.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 03:11 AM
The Scenario is currently offline Click here to Send The Scenario a Private Message Find more posts by The Scenario Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

I have no idea what Lagiacrus can do cause I'm still a noob hunter. I'd just lie to point out that Gyarados is a city buster. smile

Sig by Scythe

Old Post May 5th, 2010 04:01 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Saw this one coming.

I'd say Gyarados. Should've went with Caedeus, ugly bastard.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 04:15 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

I believe Gyrados has access to Fire Fang. Might be wrong though.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 01:25 PM
MooCowofJustice is currently offline Click here to Send MooCowofJustice a Private Message Find more posts by MooCowofJustice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Wouldnt fire attacks be weaker and Lagiacrus's electric attacks be even stronger underwater?

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 5th, 2010 01:29 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MooCowofJustice
Too Far Gone

Yeah, so NemeSis made this pretty spitey.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 01:31 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I believe Gyrados has access to Fire Fang. Might be wrong though.

He doesn't. If this thing can use electric attacks then he wins. Gyrados is screwed in this fight.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 5th, 2010 01:32 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

How strong are it's electric attacks? Gyarados is really weak to them, but it still takes more than a small shock to put him down.

Also, if Gyarados gets the first hit in, it can probably cripple it.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post May 5th, 2010 03:46 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Lagiacrus knows Volt Tackle. Not really, but it's similar.

Lagiacrus doesn't really have many feats, per se. Fatalis is the closest "pokemon level" monster, but that's debatable.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 05:23 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Gyrados destroys cities in rampages.

Laggy is killed by four barely superhuman hunters.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 01:29 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Even with that his Water/Flying type is killed by electric attacks and being underwater adds to it.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 9th, 2010 02:21 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Problem is that Laggypoo will be killed by one Hyper Beam.

Old Post May 9th, 2010 02:38 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by BloodRain
Even with that his Water/Flying type is killed by electric attacks and being underwater adds to it.
I've played MH3 nao, and Lagi's lightning seems too weak. The first time I met it, the time you're supposed to run, I thought I was safe when I got out of the water, and turned around to stare at it. I was wearign chainmail, taunting his giant ass, and he surprise buttsecksed me with a lightning bolt. sad

I was wearign chainmail, which weakens my electricity resistance, it did like, 1/4 my HP. This is technicly an argument from gameplay yes, but I'm thinking that with a weakness to electricity he shoulda done more than that.

>.> Just sayin.

Old Post May 10th, 2010 12:34 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I've played MH3 nao, and Lagi's lightning seems too weak. The first time I met it, the time you're supposed to run, I thought I was safe when I got out of the water, and turned around to stare at it. I was wearign chainmail, taunting his giant ass, and he surprise buttsecksed me with a lightning bolt. sad

LMAO

Old Post May 10th, 2010 12:39 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heythere,Honey

Originally posted by ScreamPaste

I was wearign chainmail, which weakens my electricity resistance, it did like, 1/4 my HP. This is technicly an argument from gameplay yes, but I'm thinking that with a weakness to electricity he shoulda done more than that.

>.> Just sayin.

xD

Sig by Scythe

Old Post May 10th, 2010 12:41 AM
Heythere,Honey is currently offline Click here to Send Heythere,Honey a Private Message Find more posts by Heythere,Honey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

NOT FUNNY sad

I had a /sliver/ of HP left. I was pissed, thought I'd died after collecting all the monster guts I needed.

Edit: annnd 110 resources worth of other junk. >_> I hope the knowledge I survived dampens the lulz.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on May 10th, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2010 12:52 AM
Heythere,Honey

I'm still stuck here getting pwned by Rathalos. Its nawt fair! sad

Sig by Scythe

Old Post May 10th, 2010 01:04 AM