KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Best way to Kill Jedi/Sith

Best way to Kill Jedi/Sith
Started by: CaedusRules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaedusRules

Best way to Kill Jedi/Sith

I know I saw something like this before, but I couldnt find it. How come people cant find better ways to kill Jedi. I mean, I could think of 1 easy way. A tripple barrell blaster that fires at the same time at different angles. A jedi can only block 1 bolt at the same time if one is coming for his head chest and stomach.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 07:51 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaedusRules
I know I saw something like this before, but I couldnt find it. How come people cant find better ways to kill Jedi. I mean, I could think of 1 easy way. A tripple barrell blaster that fires at the same time at different angles. A jedi can only block 1 bolt at the same time if one is coming for his head chest and stomach.

Cut their head off.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I say take off and nuke them from orbit.

Take it away Lucien.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I say use a carbonite chamber, trick them to stand in it, and then freeze them. Works like a charm every time.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 08:54 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by truejedi
I say use a carbonite chamber, trick them to stand in it, and then freeze them. Works like a charm every time.

I say we drop Oprah Winfrey (wow! that even sounds like a SW name) on their heads after fooling them into investigating a distress call from Smurf Village.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2010 10:14 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I say take off and nuke them from orbit.

Take it away Lucien.
You know me too well. Which is weird because I don't even remember if you're the minority or the black guy.

Jedi have been showing throughout the mythos to sense danger even before the dangerous act has happened. Like Spider Sense. Many have also been shown to deflect laser blasts in the multiples per second. You'd need more than three shots to drop a Jedi. T-canon has Obi-Wan casually deflecting a barrage of laser blasts with his hands

Not to mention where are you gonna get a triple barreled shotgun? That fires from different angles somehow? How would that even work? The gun fires and the laser blasts spread out and home back in on the target? But why even bother with that? Why not just, like, blow up the planet they're on? Or suck out all the atmosphere? Easy.

And if this is more than just "What I would have done if I had the skill and resources available", then that means you're honestly confused as to why more Jedi aren't dropped. The answer is:

Hypothetical scenarios where you have all the advantages (equipped with magic gun and all), the ability to override their precognition and their ability to move at superhuman speeds, and the ability to make them walk right in to your ambush, have a tendency not to happen.

Unless you're Coleman Trebor.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2010 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaedusRules

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You know me too well. Which is weird because I don't even remember if you're the minority or the black guy.

Jedi have been showing throughout the mythos to sense danger even before the dangerous act has happened. Like Spider Sense. Many have also been shown to deflect laser blasts in the multiples per second. You'd need more than three shots to drop a Jedi. T-canon has Obi-Wan casually deflecting a barrage of laser blasts with his hands

Not to mention where are you gonna get a triple barreled shotgun? That fires from different angles somehow? How would that even work? The gun fires and the laser blasts spread out and home back in on the target? But why even bother with that? Why not just, like, blow up the planet they're on? Or suck out all the atmosphere? Easy.

And if this is more than just "What I would have done if I had the skill and resources available", then that means you're honestly confused as to why more Jedi aren't dropped. The answer is:

Hypothetical scenarios where you have all the advantages (equipped with magic gun and all), the ability to override their precognition and their ability to move at superhuman speeds, and the ability to make them walk right in to your ambush, have a tendency not to happen.

Unless you're Coleman Trebor.

I see your point, but lets say your not hunting Jedi, but your a smuggler that might run into Jedi. The fact that you can set off thier damger sense would make them approach more cautiously, but they dont know where the danger is coming from.

As for Obi stopping many shot.... His hands and saber can only be at one spot each in any given time frame, its his fast reflexes that allows him to stop many bolts coming in at different times. In theory, if the bolts were fired at the same exact second he would only be able to absorb/deflect 2.. 1 with saber, and 1 with hand.

As for making a tripple barreled weapon that fires at the same time, is not a streach. If we can make a double barrell shotgun that fires at the same time, dont you think a tripple barrel weapon is posible. And to make it shoot off on angles the barrel only needs to have a very slight veriation in the angle of the barrels. The barrells could be set-up like below:
0 0

I'm just suprised no-one thought of it, it seems pretty obvious. Other then the sarcastic blow up the planet, and drop Oprah... To me its pretty positive Jedi killer.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 06:15 PM
Click here to Send CaedusRules a Private Message Find more posts by CaedusRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

till he pulls it out of your hands... Not so obvious.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 06:44 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

what you are forgetting is all 3 beams would still arrive at the same time, so if he swings his saber in an arc in front of him, he will catch all 3.

Also, the saber is 3 feet long means
no matter what tragectories the beams are arriving on, there will still be a straight line between them (since they are arriving at the same time. By matching the straight line with his blade, the jedi can block all three shots at once.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 06:46 PM
CaedusRules

what you are forgetting is all 3 beams would still arrive at the same time, so if he swings his saber in an arc in front of him, he will catch all 3.

Also, the saber is 3 feet long means
no matter what tragectories the beams are arriving on, there will still be a straight line between them (since they are arriving at the same time. By matching the straight line with his blade, the jedi can block all three shots at once.

You cant Arc a blade to be in 3 spots at once. and the spots wouldnt come in a straight line, it would be more like a triangle or pyramid pattern.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 07:09 PM
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

...As for Obi stopping many shot.... His hands and saber can only be at one spot each in any given time frame, its his fast reflexes that allows him to stop many bolts coming in at different times. In theory, if the bolts were fired at the same exact second he would only be able to absorb/deflect 2.. 1 with saber, and 1 with hand.

Except for the fact that Kenobi doesn't necessarily have to DEFLECT all of the shots. Kenobi sees things is super slow motion - as the shots are approaching, he would simply need to contort his body and/or move out of the ***king way, while possibly deflecting a few of the shots back. No problem here.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 07:21 PM
truejedi

always with the possibility of pulling it out of your hand...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 08:45 PM
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

...Indeed

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 08:53 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

That totally worked with Coleman Trebor.

Gaha.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

we are talking about Jedi here blax...

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 09:39 PM
CaedusRules

If it were a simple as pulling the weapon out of a jedi's hand then no jedi ever would have died from a blaster bolt.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 09:52 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I see your point, but lets say your not hunting Jedi, but your a smuggler that might run into Jedi. The fact that you can set off thier damger sense would make them approach more cautiously, but they dont know where the danger is coming from.
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

As for Obi stopping many shot.... His hands and saber can only be at one spot each in any given time frame, its his fast reflexes that allows him to stop many bolts coming in at different times. In theory, if the bolts were fired at the same exact second he would only be able to absorb/deflect 2.. 1 with saber, and 1 with hand.
He stopped 23 saber strike per second, and Grievous wasn't swinging his four sabers at the exact same space. Jedi can be overloaded, but their limit is pretty up there.

As for making a tripple barreled weapon that fires at the same time, is not a streach. If we can make a double barrell shotgun that fires at the same time, dont you think a tripple barrel weapon is posible. And to make it shoot off on angles the barrel only needs to have a very slight veriation in the angle of the barrels. The barrells could be set-up like below:
Unless this ambuscade you've concocted has an attacker who possesses a freakishly unnatural knack for getting within several feet of a Jedi, a multi-barreled gun that fires a spread in different angles is kinda counter-productive. You'd have each pellet/shot/bolt steadily angling away from the target. You'd wind up with a corner of each shot going towards the Jedi and the rest of each shot angling out away from him. Hence my wonder of a magical "homing" laser that curves the spread back to the centre.

I'm just suprised no-one thought of it, it seems pretty obvious. Other then the sarcastic blow up the planet, and drop Oprah... To me its pretty positive Jedi killer.
Yes it is effective. The point is that, while you may be able to dream up a plethora of ways to kill a Jedi, they all rest upon one's ability to put it all together. It's like saying "why doesn't somebody just assassinate the president?" Dreaming up methods where everything goes according to plan, including resources, timing, advantage of surprise, proper bait, no human error, general predictability of the environment... have tendency not to happen. Something always always goes wrong. Add in the precognitive and superhuman skills of a Jedi, and you're in for one hell of an assassination attempt.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darth radon
naga sadow jr.

About the three barrel thing how could a jedi with one light saber block something like this form and deflect all three of them at the exact same time:
If you have a curved blade you will be able to but most before ROTS didn't.
Also if they made they chain gun fire rounds at the exact same time jedi would be no match.

00 0 00

Last edited by darth radon on Dec 31st, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 11:42 PM
Click here to Send darth radon a Private Message Find more posts by darth radon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

star wars continuity.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2010 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Think about it,they are in the same z plane because of their identical momentum. They are in the same x plane because of the fact that they are being fired from the same place. the only thing that changes with an angled gun would by the y plane. So you have one headed towards his head, one towards his feet, and one towards his waste. He simply moves the lightsaber to the appropriate angle to catch all three.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2011 02:28 AM