KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Vader Question?

Vader Question?
Started by: Merlyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Merlyn
Order Of...

Vader Question?

I have heard that Vader once used used his TK from lightyears away to choke Xizor. Does anyone happen to know if this is true? If so might you please be able to give me the source in which this happened?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Merlyn
I have heard that Vader once used used his TK from lightyears away to choke Xizor. Does anyone happen to know if this is true? If so might you please be able to give me the source in which this happened?

Shadows of the Empire I think?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 08:53 PM
Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep, it was a very interesting scene. After reading it, I felt like the author wanted to fool the reader into thinking it was Xizor's imagination just to spice it up, but it wasn't, because Xizor realized Vader was actually choking him.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 08:57 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Enyalus
Shadows of the Empire I think?

that was good reading

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 09:08 PM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Merlyn
Order Of...

I figured that event took place in SotE. But did it take place in the novel, or the comic book adaptation?

If it was the novel, might anyone know the chapter it happened in? If it was the comic, does anyone know the specific issue?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SWFan4Life
Restricted

Account Restricted

I figured that event took place in SotE. But did it take place in the novel, or the comic book adaptation?

If it was the novel, might anyone know the chapter it happened in? If it was the comic, does anyone know the specific issue?

I read this scene in the novel. I don't have a copy of the book with me though sad. If I would guess it was about half way through.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2010 11:00 PM
Click here to Send SWFan4Life a Private Message Find more posts by SWFan4Life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hm, it seems like I do remember Vader choking Xizor in SotE, but I can't seem to find the specific instance. However, Vader did demonstrate the ability to choke Xizor from vast distances during The Bounty Hunter Wars #1...

"Xizor turned toward the hologram of the dark-caped figure-an intimidatingly life-sized image, transmitted from the Devastator, Lord Vader's personal flagship. Standing against Vader-even in this insubstantial form-was like facing radiation hard enough to strip flesh from bone. Not for the first time Xizor felt an invisible hand settle around his throat. His own willpower kept the breath sliding in and out of his lungs. But if Vader were to unleash his complete wrath, the force of will might not be enough. Xizor had seen others, the highest-ranking officers in the Empire's forces, clutching their throats and gasping for air, writhing like a Dantooinian garfish caught on a barbed trawling line. Perhaps wisely, Vader tended to avoid such displays in front of the Emperor; why tempt the old man into showing how much greater was his own mastery of the Force that penetrated and bound the galaxy together?"

(At the time, I believe Vader was near Coruscant and Xizor was on Tatooine.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 2nd, 2010 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I was looking up some Vader feats and found quite a few.

In Marvel Droid #7 Vader uses a force to disintergrate a stromtrooper.
In Streets of Shadows he overloads a lightsaber crystal, unleashed a force push, while merely toying with Aura, that is so powerful it nearly knocks two guards off their feet that are a hallway away despite the fact he wasn't even aiming in their direction, and when Tycho claims that Vader killed Padme his thundering "What" shakes a building to its foundation.
Also in Last of the Jedi: Underworld when Grand Inquisitor Malorum mentions Polis Massa Vader's rage vibrates the Jedi Temple causing windows to shatter, chairs to go flying, and walls to crak. Ultimately what stops him is a wall falls revealing a hiding Jedi named Ferus Olin.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 03:05 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alistair
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel droid? is that canon? And links please.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:15 AM
Click here to Send Alistair a Private Message Find more posts by Alistair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote