KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Fanfiction Worth Reading

Fanfiction Worth Reading
Started by: Gideon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fanfiction Worth Reading

This is a thread to discuss excellent Star Wars fiction, recommended by people who matter. People who don't matter need to stay the hell away. Please. If you don't mind.

First, this thread must begin with a special mention of blank101's Son of Suns trilogy, an AU story set at the end of the Empire Strikes Back where Luke is captured by Vader and brought to Coruscant for a test of wills with Palpatine. Incredibly lengthy, but is very likely the finest piece of Star Wars literature on the planet.

Part one of his trilogy can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4302076/1/Into_the_Storm

Second, we need to mention the works of my Master, Publius, which can be found here:

http://www.domuspublica.net/inventions.html

Enjoy.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here are brief synopses and opinions on my Publius's work.

The First Refusal:
Based on a conversation in the Thrawn Trilogy between Grand Admiral Thrawn and Captain Pellaeon, in which Thrawn admits to having defied the Emperor a couple of times during his career.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Excellent piece and characterization of Thrawn and Palpatine. Sate Pestage is portrayed quite formidably here, too.

The First Meeting
Supreme Chancellor Palpatine meets a man who will become an important ally [SPOILER - highlight to read]: and eventual traitor.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This features the first meeting between Palpatine and the man who will become Grand Moff Trachta, the cyborg mastermind who will attempt to kill him and Vader in Betrayal.

A Visit From the Admiral
Vice Admiral Jerjerrod gets a meeting from one of the highest ranked officers in the Republic (and later Imperial) Navy, Admiral Screed.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: A tongue-in-cheek reference to Moff Jerjerrod's lethargy during the construction of the second Death Star.

The President's War Room
A confrontation between Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and Mon Mothma.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Another excellent piece that revolves concerns Mon Mothma's (then unjustified) hatred of Palpatine.

The Good Old Days
A long lasting politician reflects on the major changes throughout the Republic's final decades.

Surely You Can't Be Serious
Explores the labyrinthine nature of the Empire's military and the interesting consequences of fudging numbers.

Before the Emperors
A powerful Moff is brought before the Imperial Ruling Council for his failures.

The Silver Fox
Part of a series of stories on the site, concerning a battle of wits between a thought criminal and revolutionary known as the Silver Fox and an Imperial Security Bureau agent determined to catch him.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Probably my favorite stories on the site. Hilarious and well written.

Return of the Silver Fox

The Silver Fox Strikes Again

The Elusive Silver Fox

Self explanatory.

Over the Side
A very chatty pilot ferries an enigmatic, mysterious man.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Another great piece.

Defender of the Empire
Set after the events of the Tie Fighter game, in which Maarek Stele, fighter pilot ace and future Emperor's Hand, is brought before the Emperor and Darth Vader.

The Chase
After Palpatine's death, Jerec attempts to eliminate his deadliest threat.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 01:46 AM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

This is a bullshit thread for a bullshit person.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The reverse psychology employed in the use of spoiler tags is clever, though.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I bet you'd love all of them.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:04 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Mara Jade?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Finally finished Son of Suns. It was pretty f*cking good.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 08:18 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

For those into that sort of thing: Conquest is a well written Star Wars/Star Trek crossover. For those interested, it involves an AU timeline set post-ROTJ combined with the Trekverse during the middle of the Dominion War. It was also written by Mike Wong, which means its completely free of Trekwank.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Autokrat
For those into that sort of thing: Conquest is a well written Star Wars/Star Trek crossover. For those interested, it involves an AU timeline set post-ROTJ combined with the Trekverse during the middle of the Dominion War. It was also written by Mike Wong, which means its completely free of Trekwank.

I read part of that.

I wonder what happened to Mike Wong; he hasn't updated his site for a very long time.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
I read part of that.

I wonder what happened to Mike Wong; he hasn't updated his site for a very long time.
Originally posted by Gideon
People who don't matter need to stay the hell away. Please. If you don't mind..

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

^^ Isn't this bannable behavior?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop white knighting. I take no issue with you. I've also added hewhoknowszilch to my ignore so your besty will no longer be harrassed by me.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 09:20 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is your problem? I won (my biggest argument was ignored by you). Is that really that bad to you? You'll lose debates occasionally. Try and be mature.

Although you probably won't read this since you put me on ignore as an excuse to not have to respond to my arguments, since you can't. Funny thing is, you seemed to be fine with debating with me (although you couldn't resist insulting me a lot) until I made my latest argument, in which I was thinking "I think I won here, this argument is pretty good". Then, at the same moment in which I posted my best argument, you suddenly stop wanting to debate.

Last edited by Hewhoknowsall on Jul 12th, 2010 at 09:29 PM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

That is a great idea, i'm surprised you 2 haven't ingored eachother a long time ago. Whats wrong with "white knighting"? Ive argued with Hewho before, he just isn't insulting, and you do seem you be, atleast towards him, for no reason.

I'm a psychology major. I enjoy learning why people do the things they do. I don't have a problem with you either, just wondering why you feel the need to be so aggressive and insulting towards someone else when it doesn't seem provoked.

No offence intended, i'm just a curious person.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 09:30 PM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
That is a great idea, i'm surprised you 2 haven't ingored eachother a long time ago. Whats wrong with "white knighting"? Ive argued with Hewho before, he just isn't insulting, and you do seem you be, atleast towards him, for no reason.

I'm a psychology major. I enjoy learning why people do the things they do. I don't have a problem with you either, just wondering why you feel the need to be so aggressive and insulting towards someone else when it doesn't seem provoked.

It's actually pretty simple to figure out, at least in this case. If you were to read our argument, you'd notice that he was fine with me (well, relatively fine but still insulting me) and willing to debate until I started bringing up my best arguments. Then, he suddenly stops debating at the same time that I bring out my best arguments. Coincidence? Doubtful.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 09:33 PM
Shoes

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 09:54 PM
Click here to Send Shoes a Private Message Find more posts by Shoes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Isn't that the Dark Emperor fanfic that someone tried to argue was canon?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 07:50 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin

If you're genuinely curious, I'll p.m. you as to the reason. I don't know of an appropriate forum to air my dissatisfaction with another forum member's behavior.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 09:05 AM
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

Originally posted by One Free Man
If you're genuinely curious, I'll p.m. you as to the reason. I don't know of an appropriate forum to air my dissatisfaction with another forum member's behavior.

I'd really appreciate that. Thanks.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 12:02 PM
ANFOTUONUREVAHI
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kindly forward me two copies of that PM plz.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 06:40 PM
Click here to Send ANFOTUONUREVAHI a Private Message Find more posts by ANFOTUONUREVAHI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothin doin, nebaris.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 07:32 PM