KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » Forces of Nature OOC and Registration

Forces of Nature OOC and Registration
Started by: iKinneas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Forces of Nature OOC and Registration

There exists a world called Valeria, where many a great thing can happen. It is much like our world, save a few minor... Differences. A small percentage of the world controls the magic of the Animus, their powers based around their animal spirits. The government over the lands has harnessed this power in many troops and made them into soldiers, the elite warriors known as "AniMagi". But the government has grown corrupt, the newest world leaders using this power to suit their own means, rather than that of the people. Few Animus users exist who have rebelled against the AniMagi, even fewer of them alive. But a select group will soon emerge... A group that will shift the rebellion's tides... and shape the future of Valeria...

Characters will have one Animus spirit to call their own, mythical creatures inclusive. Their Animus also grants them slight elemental control, as aligned to the creature's affinity. (i.e. if you use a phoenix, your element would logically be fire)

Animus users, ridiculous as it may seem, will all be human. Weapons are a given, as we don't want too many fights focusing solely on power bases, but still... No OP vampires that can control Phoenix souls with the elemental power of fire. Etc. If you play Animus user, you play human.

This is not to say that one could not play another race, of course. If you choose to play something else, go for it. Perhaps your character's racial group is under attack by the government, as well. (i.e. Werewolves being hunted as unnatural creatures that must be "dealt with accordingly".)

Weapons will consist of the usuals for one of my RPs. Guns, blades, etc. No gunblades this time, though, as I'm afraid I'll overkill the old FFVIII feel if I keep that up.

Otherwise, any questions, please feel free to PM me.

As for character sheets, I suppose I will post my own for you to use as an example, as well as a blank.

Name:
Weight:
Race:
Animus Spirit/Element: (if playing Human)
Weaponry:
Bio:
Appearance:

Name: Cassandara "Cassie" Vermillion
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 125 Lbs.
Race: Human
Animus Spirit/Element: Black Dog / Darkness
Weaponry: Cassie is fond of a set of dual .45 pistols that were given to her by her father just before he died, as well as a sword given by her mother before her death. (all pictured below)
Bio: Cassie was born in Kyrian Village, a small settlement in the Southeastern regions of Valeria. She, and her younger sister** were brought up for several years in a lower class family. After ten years, their parents died of the Plague, and Cassie became the sole source of income for both herself and her sister, basically raising the two, though it wasn't the most noble of careers. Cassie became one of the best thieves ever to walk the streets of Kyrian, and the locals never knew she was the one removing their inventories with a five finger discount from Hell. At 15, she had established a good deal of a fallback for her sister, and set her up with a small place to stay and plenty of money to take care of herself, knowing she soon would have to leave town. Her Animus had awakened, and rather than endanger the village and her sister, she had opted for the other approach: In the middle of the night, with little more than a note to her sister, Cassie left town, making a life for herself as one of the greatest thieves in Valeria, as well as taking on a job as a bounty hunter for whomever the highest bidder might have been. After two long years on the road, she finally gets word from her sister, asking her to return to the village, so that they might be able to see each other again. Upon receipt of the cryptic message, she now makes her way back to Kyrian Village.
Appearance:
(please log in to view the image)

Pistols:

Sword:

Included two appearance pics on mine, as the first was b&w, and though I felt it conveyed my point, I figured a small hint of a coloured image would suffice, as well.

Any questions, as I said, feel free to PM. Otherwise, everyone feel free to post characters whenever, and I will be back to approve/open RP thread as soon as possible.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 06:25 AM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Are small dragons ok for animus spirits?
Also - are these things like summons? Are they physical?

Name: Jonathan "Jonny" Bold
Height: 6' 1''
Weight: 78 Kg
Race: human
Animus Spirit/Element: Ice drake/ice
Weaponry: Sword + any weapon he can make out of ice.
Bio: Considered to be the strongest fighter in his small northern tundra village of Kavast, Jonny is taking his traditional 'travel the world' rite of passage in order to become a man by the laws of his people. On the road, Jonny learns of a disturbance in the southeastern village of Kyrian, and despite the danger of being an animus, he decides to head there. (not much, but there isn't much to go on either.)
Appearance: (please log in to view the image)
http://media.photobucket.com/image/...s/IceDragon.jpg

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 06:42 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Yeah, sorry, I was a little vague. Okay, basically, there are about six cities to each region, I will let people pick and choose names of their villages, and then we will fill in the rest as we go. Your purpose, as earlier stated, is your own. I will eventually be leading Cassie against the AniMagi, inevitably. The rest of you can do as you please. Summons, I will say yes, but limit their power. (i.e. don't give them enough kick to be OP) And yes, a small drake is very much acceptable.

To clear another aspect of what the Animus can be used for:
My Animus, in particular, is going to be all passive traits. I can utilize the powers of your basic shadow caster (mainly manipulation of my own body to blend with shadows, hence the thief substory) as well as damn near perfect night vision. (Doesn't do much good to be attuned with Darkness if you're blind in the dark, no?)

I left it vague, but partially on purpose. As long as no one person is WAY too overpowered, I'm fine with letting you guys have a little freedom with what powers your Animus gives you. That way, for example, if two or more people have the same element, they can utilize it in different manners that are moreso attuned to their characters.

My apologies to anyone I confuse with this rant. It is late, and I am trying to make sense. XD

Also, Mel, approved.

A person is very strong when he seeks to protect something. I'll expect a good fight. - Heathcliff, SAO 1:13

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 06:51 AM
iKinneas is currently offline Click here to Send iKinneas a Private Message Find more posts by iKinneas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

So having an animus as a method of transport is ok?

And your character is going to be evil, for the intents and purposes of the story?

I only planned on having my character use his ice powers for weaponry, like a shield or throwing knives.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 07:07 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

Transport, shields, and throwing knives are all acceptable. And don't get me wrong, I love shadows and darkness, but I'm actually just your average run-of-the-mill rebel, out to try and stop a corrupt government, or so she believes. It's all in your perspective.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 07:26 AM
MadMel
Heh

K, I get it. big grin
Now we just need more people.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 07:39 AM
TxG
Evil Genius

Just checking in I will do my sheet now.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 08:33 AM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TxG
Evil Genius

Name: Demi Elcomb
Height: 5ft 2inches
Weight: 120Ibs
Animus Spirit/Element: White Fox/Light Element(please log in to view the image)
Weaponry: Two edged sword
Bio: Demi grew up in the northern village of Valeria called Krikk, An icy settlement and cold to say the least. But Demi didn't mind she and her grandfather used to go ice fishing a favarite pastime of them both and also with the fish they would sell them to make a living.

Her mother died when she were a baby and her father left shortly after, leaving the care of Demi with her grandfather. All that was left was a letter and a small fox pendant, which Demi wears all the time and never takes it off. Demi never suffered for affection her grandfather was very nuturing, telling stories by an open fire, and watching the sky light up with lights that would change colour over the mountains.

One of the most intriguing stories her grandfather used to tell was those who were blessed with the animus spirit. A gift that was bestowed by the animal itself acting as a some what guardian and could call on, and even take on the the persona of the animal itself. These ones had control of certain elements, When her grandfather told her stories like this she would dream and then fall in a deep sleep and it would always be the same dream, A white fox would come in a ray of light wanting her to follow, But she felt torn she wanted too, But she didn't want to leave her grandfather either. This would be the point where she would wake up and not have the dream till a time after.

One day Demi plucked up the courage and told her grandfather about her dreams. He thought deeply yet somehow he wasn't surprised he told her that she may have the gift of the animus, and the fox pendant was a big clue to her heritage. Realising Demi needed to find the truth and discover her powers within. He sent her away from the village and told to seek out ones like herself and then she would find answers to her questions He did tell her not to worry about him, But to use the gift inside wisely and without ego which would anger the animus within.

Demi is now on a journey to find herself and to seek out people who are just like herself, and maybe to find her father whilst she is at it.

Last edited by TxG on Sep 17th, 2010 at 09:17 AM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 09:15 AM
TxG is currently offline Click here to Send TxG a Private Message Find more posts by TxG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

You know,even though both our characters come from the snow, neither of them are wearing cold weather clothing. wink

But then again I can just say my character is immune to the cold, due to his power. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 09:19 AM
TxG
Evil Genius

lol i suppose one gets use to the climate stick out tongue

I suppose you could picture my character as a eskimo haha big grin

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 09:23 AM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

TxG, I love the pic. Also, on an unrelated note, character approved. If we can get about two more in here, I'll open the RP thread soon afterwards. I have work tonight, and I'll be in and out over the course of the day, as I have to make sure my dog is picked up from the vet, etc. But as soon as I am back, and we have at least two more members, I'll be sure to start it right up.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 04:16 PM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Name: Tenryu Mura

Height: 5,9

Weight: 145

Race: Italian/black

Animus Spirit/Element: (if playing Human) Red Eagle/Fire element

Weaponry:
Gun

Sword

Bio: Tenryu lives south of Valaria in a village named Mura. When he was young his father would have him train in the art of the sword, at the age of 10 he was known as a prodigy. His father forced him to train to be even better then before. But him and his father knew that to catch up with the times he had to acquire a long range weapon skill. His father had the finest gun crafted from the swords of all his ancestors and had Tenryu train with it. He took to the gun like a fish to water and trained daily with both weapons. Then one day his father laid on his death bed and handed him a 2 boxes of silver bullets that was made from his sword. After his father died he set out find his reason to live and his reason to die. He did not know what he should do so he set out to find out what that was he became a wonder doing good deeds.

Appearance:

hows is this

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 12:16 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Name: Yorx Mae

Height: 6'0

Weight: 170lbs

Animus Spirit/Element: Broad-Banded Copper Head/Electricity

Weaponry: Damascus Katana (please log in to view the image)

Bio: Grew up as a "prodigy" in an eastern village called Dalmasca. He was taught how to wield the katana and soon afterward forged his own custom Katana. When he turned 16 he left Dalmasca to travel the world and fight fierce opponents from all over. After a few months his animus had awakened making him even stronger in the heart and mind. After traveling for 2 years he hears of some bad news in Kyrian Village and decides to look for more opponents in this village.

Appearance: (please log in to view the image)

I've been sleep for 2 years?!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 12:46 AM
moderator23 is currently offline Click here to Send moderator23 a Private Message Find more posts by moderator23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

Maybe you should post a pic of the snake - Not everyone knows what a broad-banded copper head is. wink

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 01:31 AM
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 01:37 AM
moderator23 is currently offline Click here to Send moderator23 a Private Message Find more posts by moderator23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

I just realized - Everyone so far is using a sword of some kind. o.0

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 01:48 AM
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cuz swords are the shit!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 01:53 AM
Regelion1
The Dark in a Starry Sky

Lol it's funny because before i seen your post mod i said the same thing in my head great minds think alike

THANKS FOR THE AWESOME SIG TxG

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 02:31 AM
Regelion1 is currently offline Click here to Send Regelion1 a Private Message Find more posts by Regelion1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moderator23
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Regelion1
Lol it's funny because before i seen your post mod i said the same thing in my head great minds think alike
Damn right!!! big grin

Old Post Sep 18th, 2010 03:02 AM
iKinneas
Black Swordsman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Regelion1
Name: Tenryu Mura

Height: 5,9

Weight: 145

Race: Italian/black

Animus Spirit/Element: (if playing Human) Red Eagle/Fire element

Weaponry:
Gun

Sword

Bio: Tenryu lives south of Valaria in a village named Mura. When he was young his father would have him train in the art of the sword, at the age of 10 he was known as a prodigy. His father forced him to train to be even better then before. But him and his father knew that to catch up with the times he had to acquire a long range weapon skill. His father had the finest gun crafted from the swords of all his ancestors and had Tenryu train with it. He took to the gun like a fish to water and trained daily with both weapons. Then one day his father laid on his death bed and handed him a 2 boxes of silver bullets that was made from his sword. After his father died he set out find his reason to live and his reason to die. He did not know what he should do so he set out to find out what that was he became a wonder doing good deeds.

Appearance:

hows is this

Lmao, on "Race" I actually was looking more for ""Human" "vampire" etc. But I got the point.

Both approved. I will open the thread tonight after I get home from work.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2010 01:49 PM