KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Sunshine BD problem with Sony firmware update

Sunshine BD problem with Sony firmware update
Started by: Wolfie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Sunshine BD problem with Sony firmware update

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5743

It seems that people with Sony Blu-ray players and PS3s have been experiencing problems with the latest firmware update when trying to watch Sunshine.

It mentions in this link that the picture-in-picture track opens automatically and can't be turned off.

Blu-ray consumers in the US and Canada can call this number for a replacement copy of Sunshine.

1-888-223-4369

That being said, I just updated my Sony BDP-S360 with the latest software update and am experiencing no problems with my Sunshine disc. It started normally, I opened the on-screen menu, turned on the PIP track, and turned it back off.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 09:31 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not one for extras like that and Sunshine that I have works perfectly, and I have never updated my blu ray player.

But yes, it's annoying if you like the certain extras that need the blu ray player updated.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2011 11:14 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I'm considering calling for a replacement copy just in case a future update causes my disc not to work.

I had upgraded from my original DVD so after reading about this, I decided to keep my DVD too.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2011 07:00 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Is this a good movie?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2011 04:54 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote