KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-man vs The Amazing Spider-man

Which do you like better
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Spider-man 2002 9 52.94%
The Amazing Spider-man 2012 7 41.18%
I think they're both equel 1 5.88%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Spider-man vs The Amazing Spider-man
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Spider-man vs The Amazing Spider-man

Which spider-man origin film do you like better, Spider-man or The Amazing Spider-man? I think I may like TAS slightly more.

Last edited by C-3POTheClever on Sep 26th, 2012 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 03:33 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Re: Spider-man vs The Amazing Spider-man

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Which spider-man origin film do you like better, Spider-man or The Amazing Spider-man? I think I may like TAS slightly more.
Better villain in the old one. Goblin and his interactions with Spidey made the movie. He completely outdid Connors IMO.

The new one had a better story though, with Lizard trying to saturate the city and all. Stacy got killed off way too quick though.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 26th, 2012 04:44 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Yeah Dafoe was great as Osborn/Goblin. If only they got the costume right and had him actually plotsomething instead of just killing rivals and fighting Spider-man...

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 01:58 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I kinda liked his armor. Wouldn't his costume from the comics look goofy?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2012 05:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

You shouldve seen the mask they originally inteded for the movie. It looked sick. No idea why they switched it for Power Rangers costume. Just replace purple underwear with Ultimate-like coat/robe and with that mask.. it wouldve worked imo.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 07:48 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Pics?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2012 09:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 08:53 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

The original had the-
-magic.
-Dafoe.
-better Aunt May.
-better Spidey.
-Dafoe.
-acceptable unmaskings.
-wrestling origin.
-Dafoe.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 09:06 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Magic? Also.. better Spidey?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2012 10:37 AM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Yeah it had the SpideyMagic.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 07:39 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by SamZED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZB...be_gdata_player
IMO looks awesome.

That's basically the real Green Goblin mask!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2012 11:12 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

I preferred Spider-Man from 2002, and the Goblin was a better baddie, with Dafoe doing an excellent job in the role. However the costume was pretty poor, looking like a rejected suit from the Power Rangers...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2012 05:23 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

"Spider-Man" felt like a diehard fan capturing as much of the essence of the character as he can, and showed the world that you can be faithful to a comic and still be a good film.
"Amazing Spider-Man" felt like a studio product made by people that like money.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2012 11:03 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
"Spider-Man" felt like a diehard fan capturing as much of the essence of the character as he can, and showed the world that you can be faithful to a comic and still be a good film.

really?!

The only thing the original spidy had was Dafoe and Simmons imo. Well those were stand outs but the 2nd movie was decent and Sandman was caste perfectly imo. There is a lot they didn't have in those movies that made it lack the feel of spider-man.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Dec 31st, 2012 03:51 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Like Spider-man not crying all the time.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 09:18 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

McGuire seemed to cry enough imo lol

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 10:44 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Yeah for 8 movies lol

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 10:46 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

haha it sure felt like it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2013 10:48 PM
Silent_Bomber

I like the new one much better, though its not perfect.

The old one had a cringe-worthingly bad villain, ever since I first saw the film at the cinema I couldn't believe that that power-rangers costume was the best they could do, not only was it nothing like the original character, but it looked very, very cheap IMO. Also Willem Defoe must've asked for more face time as the guy kept feeling like he needed to reveal his face all the time. Outside of that Tobey Maguire's creepy stepford wives-style Spider-Man has never sat right with me, and there was very little chemistry between PP and MJ.

The only things that jarred with me about the new one was Peter's look, it was just too pretty-boy indie-kid for me, with the quafed hair and skateboard. Other than that they could've maybe done a little more with the bad guy, it may have been an idea to cut down the origin story and spend more time fleshing out the Lizard, but I can still see why they ended up making the decisions they did.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2013 08:11 PM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Spider-man was a better film IMHO.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2013 02:44 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote