KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » DMC3 Dante vs Travis Touchdown

DMC3 Dante vs Travis Touchdown
Started by: danteiscool

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
danteiscool

DMC3 Dante vs Travis Touchdown

Dante after awakening with rebellion against Travis touchdown in a swordfight. from what I've seen of Travis, he's damn good with a beam katana so this fight should be good (at least I hope so or I'll have to go back to the drawing board for better freaking fights).

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 02:55 AM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Faster, stronger, more skilled, better regen, better reactions and range. Clear win for Dante.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 11:55 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I always thought this was a cool matchup. Imagine the trash talk the two have before and during the matchup.

I gotta check out DMC3 some more for this.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 09:19 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Stronger, yes, faster, probably, better regen, I don't think Travis /has/ regen. Better reactions can be debated, more skilled Dante does not appear to be.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 09:28 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Faster, between defiantly and no doubt. Yeah Travis was cut down and got right back up, like a low dmc regen. Travis' reactions are supersonic, hyper at best while the weakest Dante can react to Vergil who's speed >/= Dante's attack speed.

Two of the greatest swordsmen from the demon realm (>anything from the human realm) got toyed and destroyed by Dante even after they went DT on him.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2011 11:30 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

In regards to a pure sword fight, I honestly find Travis' only real problem to be Dante's healing factor. Beyond that, he has an arguably equal (if not higher) raw damage soak, has enough bullet-timer feats to make E&I virtually useless, has matched Dante's best shown attacking speed feats (which is debated as to whether it was even canon or not) in-game and out, has blocked attacks well beyond the power of a single bullet with his sword (ie giant lasers), and his best feats of agility such as jumping distance are also at least around Dante's level, the only lesser showings being there for humor over anything else. There are also his Darkside Mode powers which are his rough answer (not necessarily equal) to the likes of DT; the most basic one (called Ectasy Mode or something in NMH2) has him attacking in almost every direction at once.

I'm not necesarily giving either the win at this point, but I do believe alot of things are being overlooked a bit regarding Travis. Under these circumstances, I think he can give Dante a fight.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 01:15 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Think you or anyone else could post some vids of his feats? Of the few Travis threads only one clip for his regen has been shown.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2011 01:29 AM
Jinkaza1987

Cool matchup...

what i want to add to the discussion is that... since we are talking about a sword fight, than we should look at the swords too, unfortunately i only played NMH1 but still how does travis' beam katana matched up against the rebellion?

my vote goes to dante still...i mean... he fights with life size monsters but travis... lets be generous here, he fights with psychopathic assasins? while some of them are really tough and even robotic, most of them are just hot babes and joke characters...

think about it... Dante VS Ryuji, Margaret Moonlight, Captain Vladimir

no biggie... but

Travis VS cereberus OR Gigapede OR Beowulf

travis is too cartoonish to beat those monsters....

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 07:05 AM
Jinkaza1987 is currently offline Click here to Send Jinkaza1987 a Private Message Find more posts by Jinkaza1987 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Dante chops his head off with rebellion.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 10:56 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

What is Travis Touchdown from?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 12:39 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No More Heroes.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 01:16 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain
Think you or anyone else could post some vids of his feats? Of the few Travis threads only one clip for his regen has been shown.

Well, here're some that most immediately come to mind. For attack speed, here's one from NMH2:

Within the first thirty to forty-five seconds.

Damage soak, here're a few from NHM1:

Parries a bullet, that explodes right on him and sends him flying into the walls:

Takes an electric shock that seemingly killed the entire room of people before and then about three different super powers.

Takes four grenade explosions and comes out pretty much unscathed.

For a good jumping feat:

Skip to about 5:21

There's also this one attack of his called Anarchy in the Galaxy, this super AoE explosion he got from his favorite anime or something:

Among any of Dante's other showings in DMC3, Travis has yet to do things like run down a tower or swing a motorbike around or something (he does have one though).

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Feb 5th, 2011 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2011 09:08 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote