KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Evil Ryu V$ Kratos

Evil Ryu V$ Kratos
Started by: lordxalba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lordxalba
KMC MASTER

Evil Ryu V$ Kratos

Who wins?

"Ο θάνατος είναι κοντά κανείς μπορεί να ζει"

Old Post Jan 7th, 2011 04:27 PM
lordxalba is currently offline Click here to Send lordxalba a Private Message Find more posts by lordxalba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Stay far away....

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 7th, 2011 05:34 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insomnia1234

Ryu died horribly...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 01:26 AM
Insomnia1234 is currently offline Click here to Send Insomnia1234 a Private Message Find more posts by Insomnia1234 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

He did? When?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 04:47 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kirikaze Fuuma
Kaze no Soldier

Kratos ripped his head off.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 08:06 AM
Kirikaze Fuuma is currently offline Click here to Send Kirikaze Fuuma a Private Message Find more posts by Kirikaze Fuuma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

That was Helios.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 02:58 PM
TheGoldenSpy

Kratos uses him to hold a door open.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2011 08:06 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

So he can run away?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 02:55 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Kratos by virtue of not being a hypothetical character of a canon ambiguity.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 01:57 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Evil Ryu isn't completely non canon, he has shown up once, so it is hard to gauge him. But many characters on here have limited or non canon showings.

At least he doesn't rely on numerous plot devices. stick out tongue

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 03:08 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

He IS a plot device in and of himself no expression

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 04:31 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Kratos? Yea I agree.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 07:34 PM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Kratos? Yea I agree.
Kratos has appeared in all of his games in cutscenes and such. Evil Ryu only appeared once. and was nearly never mention again(from what I recall)

Last edited by Phanteros on Jan 9th, 2011 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 07:52 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Evil Ryu isn't completely non canon, he has shown up once, so it is hard to gauge him. But many characters on here have limited or non canon showings.

At least he doesn't rely on numerous plot devices. stick out tongue

Not like Evil Ryu, whose best feat...nay, only feat, is a cheapshot.

Stop lying to yourself. You know Ryu lives on plot devices. That's the only way he beats people like Sagat & Bison.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 09:45 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Ryu doesn't live on plot devices. He beat Bison with help. I was being facetious though if it wasn't clear (to some extent). He has plenty of showings with his own merit. Sagat definitely isn't out of his league. Bison isn't around in SF3, so it is possible he surpassed him at that point, because he surpassed his older self (when evil), he's probably past Alpha Akuma in around the time of SF3, but that's just a rough guess.

But Kratos uses plot devices to win his serious matches, lots of help and plot devices. Which is fine since it a story first and foremost. But his items he uses are hard to gauge. Kratos arguments are a pain in some places because of the "He kills Gods!!!" argument.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 9th, 2011 10:39 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Ryu doesn't live on plot devices. He beat Bison with help. I was being facetious though if it wasn't clear (to some extent). He has plenty of showings with his own merit. Sagat definitely isn't out of his league. Bison isn't around in SF3, so it is possible he surpassed him at that point, because he surpassed his older self (when evil), he's probably past Alpha Akuma in around the time of SF3, but that's just a rough guess.

But Kratos uses plot devices to win his serious matches, lots of help and plot devices. Which is fine since it a story first and foremost. But his items he uses are hard to gauge. Kratos arguments are a pain in some places because of the "He kills Gods!!!" argument.

I was being facetious as well dude. no expression

How strong he is in SF3 has no merit over his showings against them when he fought them. Sagat was beaten via a cheap shot and it was later retconned into a plot device power, but it still remained a cheap shot. Then there's Bison, who got smacked away by Ryu and retreated. Granted, Ryu needed help to overcome Bison's brainwashing, but he still pwned Bison by himself iirc. I don't remember how Ryu beat a Seth, but I believe it was with a Metsu Hadouken.
Ryu has his fair share of good showings, but he needed plot devices against people like Sagat and Bison. It's not obvious, but he, like any protagonist, has PIS on his side.

Against dudes like Ares and Zeus, yeah, he needed a plot device. Then there's his fight against Poseidon & Thanatos, where Kratos needed Gaia's & Deimos' aid respectively. Other than that, I don't think there is another fight where Kratos needed outside aid or a plot device.

Yeah, using 'he kills gods' as the basis of an argument is a pain. Kratos killed a goddess by snapping her neck. She has no feats, other than the fact that her death caused all flora to rot and die.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 12:42 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I was being facetious as well dude. no expression

How strong he is in SF3 has no merit over his showings against them when he fought them. Sagat was beaten via a cheap shot and it was later retconned into a plot device power, but it still remained a cheap shot. Then there's Bison, who got smacked away by Ryu and retreated. Granted, Ryu needed help to overcome Bison's brainwashing, but he still pwned Bison by himself iirc. I don't remember how Ryu beat a Seth, but I believe it was with a Metsu Hadouken.
Ryu has his fair share of good showings, but he needed plot devices against people like Sagat and Bison. It's not obvious, but he, like any protagonist, has PIS on his side.

Against dudes like Ares and Zeus, yeah, he needed a plot device. Then there's his fight against Poseidon & Thanatos, where Kratos needed Gaia's & Deimos' aid respectively. Other than that, I don't think there is another fight where Kratos needed outside aid or a plot device.

Yeah, using 'he kills gods' as the basis of an argument is a pain. Kratos killed a goddess by snapping her neck. She has no feats, other than the fact that her death caused all flora to rot and die.
Couldn't tell. Online and all.

All characters have a plot, but when a character uses a plot device through unqantifiable means it becomes a pain to debate. He did hit Sagat when he was overwhelmed by Satsui no hado, Sagat was never out of his league. Bison is out of his league though (at the time, can't say now). Since generally people consider Evil Ryu as an amp, I'm wondering if he meant that.

Obviously someone using a friend to beat Bison is a clear cut case of help, he didn't use the "OMG Dragon necklace", which would be a bit different in regards to what I was talking about.

Yea, it's hard to argue that way against Kratos, reminds me of MK.

On a serious note though I'd say it looks like Kratos is a tier higher than classic Ryu. Shame they have so few feats to gauge. On Ryu's highest showings he'd have a better chance, don't see it here though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 01:44 AM
TheGoldenSpy

Much more than a tier. He's the damn hulk compared to ryu with many powerful magical hax.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 02:23 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

darn doubles

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 02:24 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Kratos? Yea I agree.

No. When you have a character whose entire existence is based upon a single plot point that's taken to entire hypothetical levels in the games, then you know all you have is a plot device given form and substance. Case in point, the entire concept of the Satsui no Hadou.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2011 02:47 AM