KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Gouki vs. Dante

Gouki vs. Dante
Started by: Demonic Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

Gouki vs. Dante

Seeing as that lulzy spitey thread devolved into Dante vs. Gouki, I decided to make this one.

- DMC2 Dante. He cannot use Quicksilver. Has no items or Amulets. Does not have access to DDT.

- Gouki (by the time of SFIII).

Round 1: Melee fight only. Dante gets access to Gilgamesh, Ifrit & Beowulf.

Round 2: Dante gets access to every Devil Arm & Firearm he has used (in the games), barring Sparda & Yamato. Gouki starts this round with his full power i.e. He does not enter the round in his 'normal' form.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 04:53 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

The smelly one kills the annoying one. cool

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 05:04 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Obvious answer is obvious.

gouki sends Dante to hell permanently, and I've already outlined why in the other thread.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 17th, 2010 05:08 PM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Gouki kills him in a single punch in the first round, turning him into a smear on the pavement, and in the second round Gouki uses the move he used at the end of SSFIV to annihilate Dante immediately.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 02:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

I actually like that attack.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 02:50 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

I've only seen bits and pieces of DMC, never playing it, but I was always under the impression Dante was above what SF had to offer due to the "powers" and other stuff he showed. However, from what I've been seeing here and a few other threads, he's not all what he's cracked up to be.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 04:48 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

That, and Street Fighter characters are usually highly overlooked at times. You can probably count on one hand the number of characters in Street Fighter that match/surpass Akuma.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 06:09 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Damn, looks like BloodRain is the only dude who will be debating for Dante

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 06:22 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lordxalba
KMC MASTER

DMC 2 .Dante,HAhhaah,Dante wins this

"Ο θάνατος είναι κοντά κανείς μπορεί να ζει"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 06:57 AM
lordxalba is currently offline Click here to Send lordxalba a Private Message Find more posts by lordxalba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Your trolling again Xalba...

Your not helping yourself here... Why do I even bother trying to help you...?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 08:28 AM
lordxalba
KMC MASTER

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Your trolling again Xalba...

Your not helping yourself here... Why do I even bother trying to help you...?

Dante can defeat Akuma because he Dante has defeated more better ones than Akuma.But It is good that I give a draw for this

"Ο θάνατος είναι κοντά κανείς μπορεί να ζει"

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 08:57 AM
lordxalba is currently offline Click here to Send lordxalba a Private Message Find more posts by lordxalba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by lordxalba
Dante can defeat Akuma because he Dante has defeated more better ones than Akuma.But It is good that I give a draw for this

Who has he defeated that is better than Gouki?

Mundus? Didn't do much of anything, plus Dante had help in the form of a PIS sword and Trish's powerup.

Despair Embodied? He was even more featless than Mundus. And was killed with a bullet, something that Gouki wouldn't even feel.

Saviour? Savour would have crumbled in a single attack from Gouki.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 10:28 AM
isharacramer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dante wins because of Dante never die cool

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 02:27 PM
isharacramer is currently offline Click here to Send isharacramer a Private Message Find more posts by isharacramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danteiscool

taking into consideration that DMC2 Dante is more powerful than DMC4 Dante, it's safe to say that he has some chance at winning given the power difference.

the only problem is that we don't know how much more powerful DMC2 Dante is as he didn't seem to be taking any fight that seriously throughout the game.

however in DMC3, he was quite strong, maybe being able to lift around 35 to 40 tons (this was actually said in an OBD profile of DMC3 Vergil, so I'm assuming that DMC3 Dante should be around the same in virtually every category. don't know how accurate OBD is with this stuff, but it seems to be on the spot so far)

also in DMC3, Dante was fast enough to run down the side of Temen-ni-gru all the while killing demons, throwing rebellion down the tower and then shooting a bullet at it only to catch it later (but of course most of you already knew that). that puts him in the double digit machs.

as for resiliency, he took attacks that would've destroyed buildings (of varying sizes) and he has incredible stamina as well. the only times he got tired in DMC3 was when he fought Vergil, Beowulf, and Arkham.

and he was maybe around the age of 19 (it said so somewhere, but I can't remember, but he should at least have been in his late teens in DMC3). in DMC4, he was probably in his 20s or 30s (hard to tell) and his abilities were on a much, much higher level than they were in DMC3.

now, I don't know exactly how big of a time gap there is between DMC4 and DMC2, but if it's anything like the time gap between DMC3 and DMC4, then his power is on a whole other level now than it was in DMC4.

I'm not say could win against a full powered Akuma, but he would give him a good fight at the very least.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 03:46 PM
danteiscool is currently offline Click here to Send danteiscool a Private Message Find more posts by danteiscool Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Who has he defeated that is better than Gouki?

Mundus? Didn't do much of anything, plus Dante had help in the form of a PIS sword and Trish's powerup.

Despair Embodied? He was even more featless than Mundus. And was killed with a bullet, something that Gouki wouldn't even feel.

Saviour? Savour would have crumbled in a single attack from Gouki.

i dont know much of gouki feat-wise but how fast is he?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 07:54 PM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

He can teleport and I think he's been calc'd at hypersonic speed.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 09:11 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by danteiscool
taking into consideration that DMC2 Dante is more powerful than DMC4 Dante, it's safe to say that he has some chance at winning given the power difference.

the only problem is that we don't know how much more powerful DMC2 Dante is as he didn't seem to be taking any fight that seriously throughout the game.

however in DMC3, he was quite strong, maybe being able to lift around 35 to 40 tons (this was actually said in an OBD profile of DMC3 Vergil, so I'm assuming that DMC3 Dante should be around the same in virtually every category. don't know how accurate OBD is with this stuff, but it seems to be on the spot so far)

also in DMC3, Dante was fast enough to run down the side of Temen-ni-gru all the while killing demons, throwing rebellion down the tower and then shooting a bullet at it only to catch it later (but of course most of you already knew that). that puts him in the double digit machs.

as for resiliency, he took attacks that would've destroyed buildings (of varying sizes) and he has incredible stamina as well. the only times he got tired in DMC3 was when he fought Vergil, Beowulf, and Arkham.

and he was maybe around the age of 19 (it said so somewhere, but I can't remember, but he should at least have been in his late teens in DMC3). in DMC4, he was probably in his 20s or 30s (hard to tell) and his abilities were on a much, much higher level than they were in DMC3.

now, I don't know exactly how big of a time gap there is between DMC4 and DMC2, but if it's anything like the time gap between DMC3 and DMC4, then his power is on a whole other level now than it was in DMC4.

I'm not say could win against a full powered Akuma, but he would give him a good fight at the very least.
Dante's best strength feat is being able to block a punch whole bracing from Saviour.

While that is admittedly impressive, a young Gouki was able to sink/destroy the entire island of Gotenkou, which had its own mountain range and networks of caves, with a punch.

What about that speed feat you just mentioned puts him at double digit machs? Specifics for Gouki's speed are hard to find, but Ryu and Ken are able to effortlessly dodge bullets, and Gouki is faster than them, and with Asura Senku Gouki can move fast enough even Gouken can barely track him.

Buildings? Gouki can destroys islands with single punches. While holding back. When he was young. In other words, a weaker Gouki did this. Dante cannot take a punch from Gouki.

In H2H especially, Dante has not a prayer in fightring Gouki.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 11:21 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Sucks 2 Be U

Gouki has supers and ultras that can One-kit KO Dante.
Dante will be relying on inflicting enough damage to Gouki to KO him; Dante needs to outlast him and does not have OHKOs like Gouki
Gouki can teleport to avoid Dante's attacks

Overall Gouki wins since all he needs to do is land one powerful attack on Dante to take him out, while Dante will need to rely on an attack combo to take out Gouki.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 06:24 AM
I_Cheat_U_LOSE is currently offline Find more posts by I_Cheat_U_LOSE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XMr. WinterX

none of you have obviously played DMC...Dante will obliterate Gouki with ease. Dante is never serious when he fights o.O

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 04:37 PM
XMr. WinterX is currently offline Click here to Send XMr. WinterX a Private Message Find more posts by XMr. WinterX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

But what is that deduction based on? Facts please, not this "he wins because I say so" crap, thats what got isharacramer banned.

Oh, and that is what is known as trolling. Not to mention that your making an assumption of what we've played. Don't do that.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2010 06:35 PM