KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Jin Kazama vs Ryu

Jin Kazama vs Ryu
Started by: The-Judge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The-Judge
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jin Kazama vs Ryu

well, i know theyre strong in street fighter, but they dont totally outclass tekken... there have even been a game where ryu could fight jin! ryu is powerful, but he cant destroy an island... he can lift heavy rocks, and thats impressive. but i will tell about tekkens strenght now:

Ling Xiayou is one of the weakest tekken characters in raw power... seen the tekken 3-opening? a easy backwards kick from her sends a guy 15 meters or so up in the air, and he is pushed forward by great force when xiayou gives a single push! and she is one of the weakest!

and the earth shakes when Heihachi stomps on it! and we have seen feng lei destroy a mountain, paul destroy a rock and devil jin easily destroying a forest...

and for defense, look at what heihachi survived!

think again, and you will know that ryu and jin are more even than you think...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 01:03 PM
The-Judge is currently offline Click here to Send The-Judge a Private Message Find more posts by The-Judge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

this has already been threaded

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:51 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

And by the way Ryu wins.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 06:24 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krone

man i like Tekken as much as most but Ryu could clean his arse with Jin and devil Jin

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 06:29 PM
Krone is currently offline Click here to Send Krone a Private Message Find more posts by Krone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been done.
If ordinary Jin, then he loses since Ryu has advantages like distance attacks, if Devil Jin he'd frigh Ryu's butt. I don't feel like going through this once again and debating, so i'm just stating my personal opinion.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 06:39 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sam Z
Been done.
If ordinary Jin, then he loses since Ryu has advantages like distance attacks.
WOW,u admited 2 jin loseing against ryu...i thought it wood never happen.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 06:22 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sidekick
im a loser

jin loses i was here a long time ago on my other account jin loses but atleast he puts up a fight

thanks piggle

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 07:14 PM
sidekick is currently offline Click here to Send sidekick a Private Message Find more posts by sidekick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badacyborg

This has been done quite a few times before, so I will say this again...Ryu wins unless Jin is in Devil form...I think that the 2 are in 2 totally different leagues, it's just not a fair fight

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 03:25 AM
badacyborg is currently offline Click here to Send badacyborg a Private Message Find more posts by badacyborg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Remulous
WOW,u admited 2 jin loseing against ryu...i thought it wood never happen.

Um... i did that on the original thread already. confused
But not because i believe in that island-sinking punch but because of the advantage in distance attacks.

And only ordinary Jin btw.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 08:09 AM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Excuse me? Ryu as of SF3 is as strong as Akuma was back in the days of SFA3... and Akuma sunk Goukentou island with a punch back in SFA2, Akuma is the one who aknoleged Ryu as being that strong, thats canon evidence proving Ryu can sink Islands with a single punch... A frigging punch, not a massive blast of Hadou, no energy just a single focused punch. Deviul Jin went out of control to do what he did in the forest, and we know Uber Devil Jin doesn't canonically exist now.

So, Like every other thread, unless the SFers are equipped with handicaps for the threads against Tekken warriors, SF wins...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:04 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

That ABC logic again. I never saw Ryu doing ANY strength feat to believe he can sink a freaking islan with a freaking punch and just being conciderably as strong as Akuma was doesn't mean anything. And I wasn't refering to "Uber" Devil Jin. And why do you actually think that being out of controle means that he performed his most powerfull attack? If he can do that when he is out of controle then think what could he do when he is IN controle.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:23 AM
Darkstorm Zero

The very fact that he wasn't in control of his powers as he released them without any sort of focus tells me everything I need to know, mainly that Jin can't control it beyond a certain point.

And as for Ryu's feats, Akuma himself, the one who performed that feat was the one who said Ryu was at that level of power. I beleive someone else mentioned it before, but Ryu doesn't go around sinking islands just because he can...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:33 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
The very fact that he wasn't in control of his powers as he released them without any sort of focus tells me everything I need to know, mainly that Jin can't control it beyond a certain point.

And as for Ryu's feats, Akuma himself, the one who performed that feat was the one who said Ryu was at that level of power. I beleive someone else mentioned it before, but Ryu doesn't go around sinking islands just because he can...

And doing that when not in controle only speaks in faivour for Jin. He can't fully controle Devil, it is true, but he doesn't need to be in full controle to destroy entire forest, and in T5 he says he gained full controle over the devil.
Akuma said that Ryu now is at the same level of power as he was some time ago? This sounds kinda childish and only words that Akuma said, you can't judge by them that Ryu can destroy an entire islan with simple punch. And being on the same level of power is not the same as having island-sinking punches. And as i said before i know Ryu is not going to sink islands, but atleast comparable feat. I never saw any.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:48 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Look at it from Akuma's point of view... to him, what would Ryu's power be measured by?

Given the fact that Akuma measures his strength and power by the amount of damage he can do with a single strike, I would say I'm not too far off the mark by saying exactly what I said. I don't need the actual feat there to prove he can do it, I have the word of another stronger character for reference, and since Akuma actually has performed the feat, I would say that makes him an exellent judge of what Ryu is capable of, especially since their fighting style is exactly the same.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 11:56 AM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

How about their energy blasts, hadoukens? I believe that by "on the same level of power" he was talking not about brute strength, but about their "powers". I just don't see Ryu capable of destroying islands and cities with couple of punches. Energy blasts - yes, but punches no

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:00 PM
Darkstorm Zero

I'm not saying you have to beleive me, but thats the fact of the matter, Akuma said that Ryu in SF3 was every bit as powerful as Akuma was in SFA3.

It's not brute strength, Hugo and Zangief are brutes, Ryu and Akuma focust their energy through every one of their strikes, not just their blasts.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:09 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

In your first post you said "no energy just a single focused punch" and now you say they focus their energy in their strikes. That are two different things. When Akuma sank an islan he may be was using all his energy and this attack was more powerfull than any other attack he had. I can believe that Ryu can do something like that with enery blasts but i will never believe that his ordinary punches are capable of that. And if so, I'm not changing my opinion about Devil winning this fight.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:21 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Heh, Miswording, I'll even say that Energy is involved with those landscape reshaping punches, but it doesn't alter the fact that they are still punches, single strikes capable of sinking islands are capabilities far beyond anything Devil Jin, or even Devil Himself for that matter has brought to the table... Clearing a forest with a wave of energy is nothing compared to a multi megaton PSI level punch. Either form of jin would be utterly reduced to half a square mile of fish paste on impact.

And lets assume that your correct and that only Ryu's energy attacks pack that much force, that still is a very bad thing for either form of Jin, since if he gets hit, he's still fishpaste.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:27 PM
shin_remy

no Sam it were normal punches from Akuma. Ryu can do the same with his punches. but they can control their energy and strenght like dbz.

for example : we have never seen Goku blow up a world. but his enemies did. So we all assume that Goku would be able to blow up a world. And he can control how powerfull his blasts or punches are. Even normal humans like you and me can do that. everyone can control their strenght.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:29 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Heh, Miswording, I'll even say that Energy is involved with those landscape reshaping punches, but it doesn't alter the fact that they are still punches, single strikes capable of sinking islands are capabilities far beyond anything Devil Jin, or even Devil Himself for that matter has brought to the table... Clearing a forest with a wave of energy is nothing compared to a multi megaton PSI level punch. Either form of jin would be utterly reduced to half a square mile of fish paste on impact.

And lets assume that your correct and that only Ryu's energy attacks pack that much force, that still is a very bad thing for either form of Jin, since if he gets hit, he's still fishpaste.

I believe i am right and to perform that punch Akuma had to concentrate all his energy and it was one of his strongest attacks, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense. And if we assume Ryu can do something comaprable to that it still alone wouldn't win him the fight because it is not the same as if all his attacks were that strong. I don't see why DJ can't attack first and blast him with tk for example and then perform a "forest trick" or simply blast with laser beam while Ryu's on the ground and once he does it, it's debatable who is going to turn into fishpaste.

Originally posted by shin_remy
no Sam it were normal punches from Akuma. Ryu can do the same with his punches. but they can control their energy and strenght like dbz.

for example : we have never seen Goku blow up a world. but his enemies did. So we all assume that Goku would be able to blow up a world. And he can control how powerfull his blasts or punches are. Even normal humans like you and me can do that. everyone can control their strenght.
I see what you mean Shin. And i know Ryu is not going to walk aroung blowing up buildings and islands, my point is that concentrating all your energy and performing your most powerfull attack is not the same as if you can blow island with every your attack. And i still don't see Ryu being on the same level as Akuma.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2006 12:46 PM