KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cyrax (MK) vs Ryu (SF)

Cyrax (MK) vs Ryu (SF)
Started by: TheGoldenSpy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGoldenSpy

Cyrax (MK) vs Ryu (SF)

Robot vs Karate Man
West vs East

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 02:53 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Hmm not sure, Cyrax doesn't seem to have a lot to note, probably Ryu. I love Cyrax though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:03 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:09 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

If Cyrus actually possessed the ability he would have actually done it by now, instead of losing every fight he's ever been in. That being said, he has never shown the ability to do that in canon.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

IT'S NOT CANON WAHH

Nope.

Clearly the developers intended to show what the weapons he had were capable of even if he never used that in the story. He wouldn't want to, last time I checked Cyrax is aligned with good.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:34 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
IT'S NOT CANON WAHH

Nope.

Clearly the developers intended to show what the weapons he had were capable of even if he never used that in the story.

Prove it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:35 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Fatalities have been used as "joke" moves, and have things like Liu Kang dropping an arcade machine, hence the reason fatalities are hard to grasp as canon many times.

And where the hell did he store so many bombs anyways?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:39 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Prove it.

Don't be silly dude.

You think it isn't actually capable for Sub-Zero to freeze someone and then uppercut them? Only because it never happens in the story? Of course not. Same thing here. Only difference is that people will have a hard time accepting it because it would make Cyrax too strong for their liking.

Oh, and before it's compared to supernova.

Cyrax Blows up the planet, everything dies, end of story.

Sephiroth uses supernova Nothing dies, the planet is still there.

Reasons why I think it counts.

-Not a gameplay balance restriction
-It's within the same games as the rest of the canon series
-It's a cutscene

Last edited by TheGoldenSpy on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 03:50 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:44 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
[B]Don't be silly dude.

You think it isn't actually capable for Sub-Zero to freeze someone and then uppercut them?

Sub-Zero has been shown using ice powers outside of fatalities, so that's a bad example.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 04:58 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

And if Cyrax has ever actually demonstrated this capability, Cyber Smoke too for that matter, there would not be any MKs after MK3...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 10:24 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It doesn't make much sense seeing as they would just use the ability in the first place if so, and really would you let a cyborg walk around with that in case they malfunction?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 12:10 PM
samirerre

its just a wepon
if he were to use it then ryu scrowed
but he wouldnt
he is good
meybe sektor would do

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 02:56 PM
samirerre is currently offline Click here to Send samirerre a Private Message Find more posts by samirerre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

He has not shown in his story the ability to blow up the planet, and Smoke had that move too. I guess Liu Kang can drop arcade machines on people as well.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2011 03:05 PM
TheGoldenSpy

There is no reason Liu Kang could not drop a arcade cabinet on a mofo in the story.

Cyrax Fatality should count IMO but whatever. I don't recall the developers ever stating the fatalities are 100 non- canon. They seem like what-ifs. Don't think it would have been a dealbreaker though for Ryu. He still has a speed and strentgh advantage.

Cyrax may get some new stuff in the new game so wait for that.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 04:27 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Lol, I doubt the arcade thing, but maybe I'm crazy.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 06:25 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

What I said on the subject in another thread re: Nightmare Geese vs Shin Akuma.

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
The Meteor thing is the only one I can think of that is not canon.

The Island Sinker was done in story, as was the Uluru spliting Kongou Kokuretsu Zan and the ship destroying Tenshou Kaireki Jin. The Forest cratering Sekia Koretsu Ha is also potentially canon.

The reason for this? The events that these feats took place are either needed for other characters stories to proceed (Ryu's from SFA2) or have no bearing on anyone elses story at all (IE: they can happen because it does not interfere with anyone elses events at all).

The difference bitween this and Cyrax's fatality, is that all of these events happened in story, and they are not game breakers like blowing up planets. If Akuma ever got to that level, he would be 'a' class Darkstalker tier, probably even more.

I need not say anything more on the subject.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 10:15 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

The master's patience has been tested!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 12:44 PM
Joker1237

Cyrax wins if he blows up the world. lol. Not unless Ryu can breath in space like Batman.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 06:19 PM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Lol, would Cyrax not kill himself, too?

And is Ryu really going 2 let Cyrax pop out all those bombs without doing anything? AND, if the thread starter feels that Cyrax can just blow up the planet, Y even make the thread?

This smakcs of fishyness.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Last edited by Frisky Dingo on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 06:26 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

It would be draw at best...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 06:29 PM