KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Im Bored What If Thread?

The Im Bored What If Thread?
Started by: Pwned

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pwned
That guy

The Im Bored What If Thread?

Ok, well, this is, as the title says, the What If thread? Please attempt to have mostly reasonable things, and then some people could answer them, and we might be able to figure out how the Galaxy might have changed had something happened.
Im thinking it should go as one person asks a what if question, then peoples (thats you guys with no lives or for whatever reason spend your free time debating an imaginary thing on an online forum) think of a response that we can agree on.

I can understand having joking sh!t every once in a while, but please have mostly serious ones, it intrigues me as to how far it can go.

I guess I will start idk.

What if Obi-Wan had caught up to Qui-Gon and Maul before the shields closed, or if Qui-Gon had not forced Maul so far back so Obi-Wan could catch up?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 02:18 AM
Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Maul would have been overwhelmed and killed. The only reason he had survived as long as he did was because he was constantly falling back, preventing himself from being surrounded. In the dead-end confined space of the energy shaft room he would have died.

Assuming no one challenges that theory, how would the Galaxy have changed if Yoda had killed Sideous in their fight at the end of RotS?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zamp
The Blind Critic

I'll challenge; the Jedi did better individually than as a team. By allAdvent's account, the Sith Lord utterly dominated that fight.

This, of course, would have had Jinn training the Chosen One, instead of Mr. Mullet. The whole OT could have been averted if that damned rattail was (surgically) removed before AotC!

RE: Yoda/Sidious
I feel like the Jedi would still have been vilified, except now they would have a much more nebulous opponent. Rather than the clear PR victory against the Death Star, the two Masters (plus Luke&Leia?) would have needed to counter an entire galaxy-spanning conspiracy. Much more difficult, if you ask me.

I'll go: What would have happened to the EU if Luke had joined up with Vader )a la the fanfic Into the Storm( and had convinced Leia and the Rebellion to join up after Palpatine was dispatched?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zampanó
I'll go: What would have happened to the EU if Luke had joined up with Vader )a la the fanfic Into the Storm( and had convinced Leia and the Rebellion to join up after Palpatine was dispatched?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine would have returned from the dead and annihilated them all through an application of unrivaled Force/military might.

What would have happened in the EU if Palpatine did just that? Consider the Yuuzhan Vong invasion in your answers.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 04:11 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

What if Jinn had survived and he trained Skywalker instead of Kenobi?

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

do you realize we get an Anoon Bondara sort of quote on page 299 of TPM?

Kenobi's view: "He was the best swordsman Obi-Wan had ever seen." speaking of QGJ.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 04:56 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Yeah, and in G-Canon AotC we have Anakin saying Obi-Wan is as powerful as Mace Windu and as wise as Yoda.

Honestly, I could give less than a shit about the character's perceptions. lol.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zampanó
I'll challenge; the Jedi did better individually than as a team. By allAdvent's account, the Sith Lord utterly dominated that fight.

This, of course, would have had Jinn training the Chosen One, instead of Mr. Mullet. The whole OT could have been averted if that damned rattail was (surgically) removed before AotC!

RE: Yoda/Sidious
I feel like the Jedi would still have been vilified, except now they would have a much more nebulous opponent. Rather than the clear PR victory against the Death Star, the two Masters (plus Luke&Leia?) would have needed to counter an entire galaxy-spanning conspiracy. Much more difficult, if you ask me.

history is written by the winners, so i think Yoda and Kenobi, as well as Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, Evan Piel, all the Jedi that Vader killed on Kashykk, and the hundreds of other Jedi that keep showing up would have had a very good chance of turning public opinion their way.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2011 05:26 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote