KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Most Disappointing Moment in a Videogame

Most Disappointing Moment in a Videogame
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Most Dissapointing Moment in a Videogame

What happened in a videogame that made you most dissapointed?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 04:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The ending of Fable 2 is up there.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 04:31 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I played the entire game of Silent Hill Homecoming and there was no boss fight with Pyramid Head in it whatsoever. That dude appeared twice and I figured I would've fought him later on but the game ended and I was ticked. Why bother putting someone like him in this game if you can't fight him?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 04:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Most Dissapointing Moment in a Videogame

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
What happened in a videogame that made you most dissapointed?
where im near the end of the game and no more lives left

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 05:27 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I played the entire game of Silent Hill Homecoming and there was no boss fight with Pyramid Head in it whatsoever. That dude appeared twice and I figured I would've fought him later on but the game ended and I was ticked. Why bother putting someone like him in this game if you can't fight him?

Don't think you fought him in Silent Hill 2 either. Doesn't matter though he's not an actual being, he was like a manifestation of your sins or something like that I don't really remember.

But yeah ending of Fable 2 as nemebro mentioned was absolute suck. Boss fight with Skorge ( i think that was his name) in Gears 2 sucked. I'm sure there's been plenty and any game that suffers from being too repetitive, like Spiderman web of shadows or Assassin's creed.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 07:07 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Learning that I had to wait until 2010 to take down the gods in God of War 3. Ending was Epic, but damn did I want to get that bastard Zeus.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 07:27 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Don't think you fought him in Silent Hill 2 either. Doesn't matter though he's not an actual being, he was like a manifestation of your sins or something like that I don't really remember.

Still doesn't change the fact that I still hit him with a steel pipe and shot him. You never look like you're fighting PH in Homecoming since you only see him in cut scenes. It doesn't even matter if he's real or not since I'm still technically fighting him.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 07:34 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Whenever I get to a really tough spot in the game, and the game decides to solve the entire conflict with a cutscene. Many times have I felt robbed from a great hard fight like this.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:52 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would say 2k Baseball games.

Unplayable in my opinion. Couldn't get past the 4 inning before crashing.

Disappointing because for a 360 owner, that's the only baseball game out there.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 02:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by Morridini
Whenever I get to a really tough spot in the game, and the game decides to solve the entire conflict with a cutscene. Many times have I felt robbed from a great hard fight like this.
Originally posted by NemeBro
The ending of Fable 2 is up there.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 04:27 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Find a flamethrower, grenadelauncher or machinegun in Dungeon Siege.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 04:34 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

GTA4 was a disappointment as it lacked the humour and innovation from the previous games. I can probably forgive it for the fact that it's the 1st of the series on a new console...hopefully the next will be as big an improvement as San Andreas is over III

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 04:35 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

when the tanker bit ended in MGS2 and we learn that we have to control cockupfag a.k.a raiden instead mad

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 05:21 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the "boss" fight at the end of Halo 3. guilty spark sucks but i forgive it because the warthog escape is such an epic and fun level especially on co-op.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 05:47 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

The end 'battle' of Gears of War 2.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 05:55 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the end battle was lame in Gears 2.

But most end bosses are lame. I don't like the idea of an end boss.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 05:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah, the end battle was lame in Gears 2.

But most end bosses are lame. I don't like the idea of an end boss.
end bosses are vital to a game. but yeah the skorge sucked ass along with the fable 2 boss(one hit kill). they should of just brought back jack of blades instead.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 06:09 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

also the ending to the new prince of persia(08). all that work for nothing.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 06:10 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Phanteros
end bosses are vital to a game. but yeah the skorge sucked ass along with the fable 2 boss(one hit kill). they should of just brought back jack of blades instead.

Not really.

Closure to a video game is vital, doesn't necessarily have to be a boss. In my opinion, most end bosses take away from the experience. I don't know how many times a boss leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you finish the game.

Half Life is a good example. Amazing game, but the boss battle was retarded. It sucked. Totally ruined what could of been a great ending. Why? Because people thought the game needed a boss battle.

Some games can do boss battles correctly. It makes sense in a beat em up, or an adventure game like Zelda, or even Resident Evil. But for FPS, they're never as good as the missions, or core gameplay.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 06:41 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

The end battle of Gears of War 2 is definitely up there.

But I'd also put up the boss fight in Bioshock. It wasn't particularly bad, but it was very generic and predictable and safe which was too bad especially when compared to the rest of the game which wasn't afraid to do its own thing and break boundaries, a generic boss fight just didn't fit with the rest of the game.

Yes, boss fights aren't always necessary. Smas is absolutely right

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 07:03 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote