KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Silent Hill 8

Silent Hill 8
Started by: FinalAnswer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FinalAnswer
Flower

Silent Hill 8

That's right, Team Silence is back, and with them, after several sequels, we're back in Silent Hill (Not counting the prequel and remake)

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 12:54 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This looks like the silent hill to bring me back. I only played part 2 and beat the newer side mission on the xbox. The game was great though and I have a feeling this one could be good enough to reel me back in.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 12:56 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

I just found out that Homecoming apparently took place in Silent Hill

Though I'm still right, since it focused on Shepherd's Glen

Or something

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 01:36 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
I just found out that Homecoming apparently took place in Silent Hill

Though I'm still right, since it focused on Shepherd's Glen

Or something

I'm not even sure if Homecoming is canon to the Silent Hill franchise. I think it's safe to say that Homecoming is in the same universe as the movie. What made me notice this was the town sign.

Silent Hill 8 has definately caught my attention though what questions me is what the gameplay will be like and is that really what the playable character will look like? His hair just plain bugs me for some reason.

Has anyone noticed that most Silent Hill games have you starting the first level which is a dream sequence? I never understood that.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 02:44 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm not even sure if Homecoming is canon to the Silent Hill franchise. I think it's safe to say that Homecoming is in the same universe as the movie. What made me notice this was the town sign.

Silent Hill 8 has definately caught my attention though what questions me is what the gameplay will be like and is that really what the playable character will look like? His hair just plain bugs me for some reason.

Has anyone noticed that most Silent Hill games have you starting the first level which is a dream sequence? I never understood that.

Homecoming apparently had Travis Grady in it.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 02:46 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Homecoming apparently had Travis Grady in it.

Darth Vader and Yoda appeared in Soul Calibur but that isn't canon to the Star Wars series now is it?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 02:53 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Only because they're from a completely different series.

You have no proof Homecoming takes place in the movie timeline, especially when characters from other games show up in it.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 02:58 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Only because they're from a completely different series.

You have no proof Homecoming takes place in the movie timeline, especially when characters from other games show up in it.

This is the town sign seen in the movie:
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/200...nt_hill_036.jpg

This is the town sign seen in Homecoming:
http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-cont...t-hill-sign.jpg

Wasn't the sign seen at the end of the SH8 trailer the town sign?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 03:09 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I don't think it tales place in the movie universe... it just Silent Hill, they took cues from the movie that worked well and incorporate into the game... one and the other are separate entities... pretty much like every SH that gets re-imagined with every game, with just a few connection every two games erm

this new trailer has the same sign and it could probably be a sequel to the 3rd game or the 2nd or whatever...

why the hell is this beeing called SH8?... last numbered was 4, and Homecoming could be consider 5...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 04:20 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

This is the town sign seen in the movie:
http://images.allmoviephoto.com/200...nt_hill_036.jpg

This is the town sign seen in Homecoming:
http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-cont...t-hill-sign.jpg

Wasn't the sign seen at the end of the SH8 trailer the town sign?

So, because the town signs the same, that means the game takes place in the same universe? Seriously? erm

No, it was a sign showing Silent Hill was ahead. You see those kinds of signs all the time.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 04:48 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by S_D_J
I don't think it tales place in the movie universe... it just Silent Hill, they took cues from the movie that worked well and incorporate into the game... one and the other are separate entities... pretty much like every SH that gets re-imagined with every game, with just a few connection every two games erm

this new trailer has the same sign and it could probably be a sequel to the 3rd game or the 2nd or whatever...

why the hell is this beeing called SH8?... last numbered was 4, and Homecoming could be consider 5...

I guess they're counting Origins and Shattered Dreams

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 04:49 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So, because the town signs the same, that means the game takes place in the same universe? Seriously? erm

No, it was a sign showing Silent Hill was ahead. You see those kinds of signs all the time.

Say whatever you want but I thought the town sign seen in Homecoming was in the same verse as the movie and it gave me some major deja vu. I only thought they were in the same verse 'cause I never saw that town sign in the previous Silent Hill games so it made me wonder.

I heard that the guy making the soundtracks for SH8 will be the same one who made soundtracks for the movie Hellraiser. That seems interesting although I'm gonna miss the guy who made all those soundtracks for the past SH games for they were always epic and spooky at the same time. Why did he leave to join Suda 51?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 18th, 2010 at 07:24 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 07:19 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Say whatever you want but I thought the town sign seen in Homecoming was in the same verse as the movie and it gave me some major deja vu. I only thought they were in the same verse 'cause I never saw that town sign in the previous Silent Hill games so it made me wonder.

If you noticed, they are on opposite sides of the road.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 18th, 2010 09:53 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Looks rad.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 11:15 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

edit

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 11:35 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I guess they're counting Origins and Shattered Dreams

Origins is definitely counted, considering it is canonically the 1st part of the series.

Shattered Dreams is the "run-like-a-sissy" version of the original SH game, which is canonically the 2nd part of the series.

Seems like this game is the sequel to the most recent SH storyline (whichever it is).

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 03:29 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Oops, my bad.
This game is likely another story happening at the same time around the original SH timeline.

The Wikis that I lurked tell me that this game is NOT made by Team Silent, which is unfortunate.
Also, the absence of Akira Yamaoka is another unfortunate thing; the music scores will lack the haunting sounds that made the first 3 SH games exceptional.

Hope this game doesn't turn out into bullcrap like Shattered Memories or Homecoming >_>

Triple post FTW. Bauws.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 03:47 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i like the music in the trailer

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 07:14 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The trailer looks good. I've always enjoyed this franchise. The first two games are masterpieces and remain at the top of the eerily disturbing list of video games. With that said, I'm not really all that excited to play this game. I mean, i am, but, to me, it feels like the Silent Hill story has been told. The mystery is gone and as the audience i know what to expect from Silent Hill and that all but takes away the scare factor.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 07:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

The Wikis that I lurked tell me that this game is NOT made by Team Silent, which is unfortunate.

Pause at 4:00

"A Team Silence production"

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2010 11:50 PM