KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Xenoblade

Xenoblade
Started by: Jonathan Ingram

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jonathan Ingram
Restricted

Account Restricted

Love Xenoblade

Originally announced during during E3 2009 as Monado: Beginning of the World for the Nintendo Wii, it's true name has been revealed to be Xenoblade and it appears to be a continuation of the great Xenosaga series (being developed by Monolith Soft, created by Tetsuya Takahashi, the 'Xeno' in the title, and the 'x4' in the website all suggest as much).

Not too much information has been revealed so far but if it follows the stylistic approach of Xenogears and the Xenosaga Trilogy then it's set to be a truly great game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenoblade
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html

Old Post Jan 30th, 2010 11:45 PM
Jonathan Ingram is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathan Ingram a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathan Ingram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Doesn't look very Xenosaga to me and I can't say it's like Xenogears because I haven't played that game.

I'm guessing that black haired guy is an Uzuki since he resembles Jin.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 12:14 AM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Is it just me or does it look very World of Warcraft-y?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 01:08 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kero_Co
One Track Lover

Pleasently surprised at how epic this is turning out to be, since it wasn't really all that eye catching when first announced. Now I'm thinking it will probably be the Wii's Baten Kaitos.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 02:23 AM
Kero_Co is currently offline Click here to Send Kero_Co a Private Message Find more posts by Kero_Co Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any name with the phrase "Xeno" in it is made of the most epic win any sentient being or otherwise could imagine in this plane as well as in any other.

...but seriously "...blade"? That's like the lamest way to end something...

Soul "Blade"

Ninja "Blade"

etc. etc.....

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 04:36 AM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jonathan Ingram
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

It's just you. no expression

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 02:11 PM
Jonathan Ingram is currently offline Click here to Send Jonathan Ingram a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathan Ingram Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Jonathan Ingram
It's just you. no expression

It was mainly the graphics style, the environments, the weapon the 14 year old boy wielded, and even the party interface. It's fine though, there's no shame in borrowing some things from WoW. Maybe the devs will learn a thing or two along the way as well!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 02:34 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jonathan Ingram
Nephthys say something controversial in my thread so that other people post in it pls.

There is no doubt in my mind that this game will suck harder than the 10 year old chained under my bed.

Is that good enough?

Edit: Seriously, for all you harp on about this series being the best thing since 10 year old sex, you've never really given a compelling argument beyond 'unprecidented level of storylinez'. Name one character that made you fall in love. Cite one plot point that blew you away.

I mean, if I made a thread about Planescape: Torment 2 coming out I bet it would get more interest than this Wii abomination.

Last edited by Nephthys on Jan 31st, 2010 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 03:09 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Oh the controversy! It's blowing mah mind!

EDIT: Actually, I could say a controversial thing or two about the game if you asked me real nice.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Jan 31st, 2010 at 03:27 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 03:16 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Please, oh Mighty One who I have no doubt is hung like a horse and who I totally would if you're into that kind of thing and don't mind my snaggletooth, bless us with your divine wisdom and insight.

Pretty please. love

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 03:34 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Nephthys
Please, oh Mighty One who I have no doubt is hung like a horse and who I totally would if you're into that kind of thing and don't mind my snaggletooth, bless us with your divine wisdom and insight.

Pretty please. love

I feel flattered.

Though I must admit, I don't really have anything controversial to say about it. It so far looks like every JRPG ever made. I suppose this time the protagonist will be a 14 year-old angsty androgynous boy with funny hair instead of a 17 year-old angsty androgynous teen with funny hair. I guess that could be pretty controversial.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 03:43 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

Yup, just you. I don't see any more resemblance to WoW than to dozens (hundreds?) of other titles.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 04:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Digi
Yup, just you. I don't see any more resemblance to WoW than to dozens (hundreds?) of other titles.

I don't know, I'm still seeing quite a few similarities to WoW in particular. Maybe the leveling to 80 marathon took its toll on me.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2010 05:09 PM
Monado
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really don't like the implication behind the extension of the accusation often made with regards to JRPGs of being stylistically stagnant and cliched towards any title created by Tetsuya Takahashi and with the word "Xeno" in its name when they're the most stylistically original and differentiated pieces of work in all of videogaming, and really every medium of storytelling. There is no other work that differs further from the norm than the Xeno games.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 08:35 PM
Monado is currently offline Click here to Send Monado a Private Message Find more posts by Monado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

If JRPGs got any more stylistically(or otherwise) stagnant, they'd be in a coma... or worse.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 09:05 PM
Monado
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reported for your off topic postings. This is about Xenoblade.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 09:14 PM
Monado is currently offline Click here to Send Monado a Private Message Find more posts by Monado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Monado
Reported for your off topic postings. This is about Xenoblade.

big grin You've got the nerve after how many of your sock accounts have been banned now? A dozen? I think I'm starting to like you.

So yeah, about Xenoblade. Don't you think it's a bit weird it's coming exclusively to the Wii?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 09:39 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
You've got the nerve after how many of your sock accounts have been banned now? A dozen?

It's closer to a hundred. I am not joking. See this? This is my serious face. no expression

But I am serious.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2010 10:53 PM
Welt
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some information on the setting:

Xenoblade is set on the corpses of two Gods who were locked in battle. Each corpse is inhabited, one by humans, the other by mechanical creatures. The plot will revolve around the humans preparing for an imminent threat from the mechanical race..

This is really starting to sound like a Xeno game... I'm thinking everything I hoped for Sands of Destruction (an epic of scope comparable to Xenogears or Xenosaga) will be realised by Xenoblade.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 07:10 PM
Welt is currently offline Click here to Send Welt a Private Message Find more posts by Welt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I heard that Sands of Destruction was woefully mediocre. I wonder if Xenoblade is going to be the same.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2010 08:38 PM