KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Angry Tekken Tag Tournament 2

quote:

Story
Working as the long-time head of the Mishima Zaibatsu, Heihachi Mishima solidified the organization’s foundation. At the same time, however, he ran a top-secret research lab, on the search for a way to understand the aging process and regain his youth. The search for perpetual youth and longevity may have seemed like just a dream, but after years of work, his team of researchers finally completed the rejuvenation serum he sought. "Ha ha ha... Now, eternal youth is finally within my grasp!” Gulping down the serum, the effects became to emerge almost immediately. Within minutes, he had transformed into a younger version of himself, complete with a full head of black hair. “This surging power...! Now I will be invincible!” Just as Heihachi was musing over how to reveal his newfound power to the world, the Tag Tournament announced its opening. “Tag, huh? I think I know just who to choose as my partner.” And with that, the curtain raises on the mysterious Tag Tournament.

Modes
Fight Lab:
Fight Lab is a mode created to help train both beginners and experienced Tekken players. Using Combot you will partake in many activities, following instructions in order to complete different missions to help you be a better fighter.

Tekken Tunes:
This mode allows you to play or alter the music settings. Here, you can change character select / stage themes, import your own music via USB and customise the soundtrack of the game to your liking.

Arcade Battle:
Arcade Battle has the player fight the same sequence of opponents like in the regular arcade version of Tekken Tag 2. This mode includes the bosses Heihachi, Jinpachi, True Ogre, Jun and Unknown.

Ghost Battle:
As with Tekken 6, the player battles through endless waves of AI opponents.

VS Battle:
A staple of the series, this mode has you fight against another player.

Team Battle:
Pick up to approximately eight fighters on your team and battle against the same amount.

Time Attack:
Players have complete an Arcade playthrough in the fastest time as possible.

Survival:
Fight an endless wave of opponents until your health meter has fully depleted. You will regain a certain amount of health after winning each round.

Practice:
A basic training mode, this allows you to hone your skills.

Features
2 vs. 2 Battles:
This was the default system before the introduction for Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Like is predecessor the basic mechanic has two teams fight it out. When a character is damaged only the red life will be recovered while anything else won't be recovered. If the balcony effect is made then the secondary character will continue the combo.

1 vs.1 Battles:
The system is exactly alike with Tekken 6's regular system. When a balcony effect is activated the main character will jump down.

1 vs. 2 Battles:
In a similar fashion with Unknown, Ogre and Jun the solo character will slowly recover red life and they will have more damage and life but unlike the bosses they will go down if the red life is full.

Pair Play:
Like the console version of the first Tekken Tag Tournament, players can now team up to control individual characters within a single team.

Tag Assault:
The most anticipated feature was a tag assault. It is activated when a player hits 5 (the tag button) right after a bound move. The opponent instead of bounding will bounce and so the secondary character will attack and later the leader will have the opportunity to attack. When the secondary character will attack and connect the character(if solo)or the partner(in a team) will automatically go into rage mode.

Tag Crash:
By hitting 2 and 5 when the character is lying down while the partner is enraged results to a tag crash. The crash will automatically stop the opponent from attacking and make the opponent guard if there's contact however the secondary character won't be enraged and the main character will lose all their red health

(please log in to view the image)

TTT2 comes out in just two days. Is anyone else incredibly hyped for the return of the best game in the fighting genre?

PWNT

Old Post Sep 9th, 2012 06:59 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Insanely hyped. My schooling is gonna get in the way :P but definitely hyped.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 06:05 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Hell yeah.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Sep 10th, 2012 07:13 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm playing it now, and it is perfect.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 04:50 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Really dumb review. The one gripe is that it isn't that beginner friendly and look at the score it got:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...nament-2-review

Meanwhile on other sites I've been seeing 9.5 outta tens

Last edited by BruhMan on Sep 11th, 2012 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 09:36 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I will probably get this tonight

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 09:39 PM