KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Favorite Legend of Zelda game

Favorite console Zelda title?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Legend of Zelda 1 5.56%
The Adventure of Link 1 5.56%
A Link to the Past 2 11.11%
Ocarina of Time 7 38.89%
Majora's Mask 2 11.11%
The Wind Waker 1 5.56%
Four Swords Adventures 0 0%
Twilight Princess 1 5.56%
Not a fan of the series 3 16.67%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Legend of Zelda game
Started by: Cyner

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cyner
Too little too late

Question Favorite Legend of Zelda game

Which of these is your favorite from the console LoZ games?

Last edited by Cyner on Oct 28th, 2011 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 08:01 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ocarina. But it was also my first full Zelda experience. It was hard trying to go back to the 2D games after that.

Though according to what I know personally, and friends that I have that are a lot more into it than me, there's only 3 potential "right" answers here: Link to the Past, Ocarina, Twilight Princess. Not that the others aren't good, just not in the running for best.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 09:03 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm gonna go with the original.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 09:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Ocarina. But it was also my first full Zelda experience. It was hard trying to go back to the 2D games after that.

Though according to what I know personally, and friends that I have that are a lot more into it than me, there's only 3 potential "right" answers here: Link to the Past, Ocarina, Twilight Princess. Not that the others aren't good, just not in the running for best.

Not that Legend of Zelda has any bad games in it's series, but it seems to me that Twilight Princess is on the bottom of an amazing set of games.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 09:46 PM
Cyner is currently offline Click here to Send Cyner a Private Message Find more posts by Cyner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

As much as I love the original - it was essentially my introduction to gaming when I was a toddler - Ocarina is my favorite, and the one I've played the most.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 10:01 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Cyner
Not that Legend of Zelda has any bad games in it's series, but it seems to me that Twilight Princess is on the bottom of an amazing set of games.

Agreed. I love TP but it's my least favorite of the 3D Zelda games.

Anyway, OoT for me. Although WW is in a close second.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 10:17 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Majora's Mask.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 10:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I've played the original. And again, I played Ocarina first so maybe is was hard to regress, but it just doesn't really hold up. It set the stage, but I can't see how anyone can consider it the best. Most important historically, sure. But that's about it. I think saying anything else about it is just the nostalgia goggles talking.

The OP says "favorite" which is more subjective and less open to debate, but that's my take.

Originally posted by Cyner

Not quite sure how. It's basically Ocarina for the next generation console. To me it's the most polished of the bunch. Maybe not my favorite only because Ocarina was so far ahead of its time, but the most complete experience.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 11:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrBlue1991
Big Blue Alpha

Ocarina of time it took me like 3 years to beat that game at times i got really pissed off so i wouldnt play it for days until i figured something out and i would waste alot of time chasing the chickens around or riding the horse and go fishing lol it was a hell of a game though but when i finally beat it i was happy as hell

Last edited by MrBlue1991 on Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 11:33 PM
MrBlue1991 is currently offline Click here to Send MrBlue1991 a Private Message Find more posts by MrBlue1991 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

I still haven't voted, I'm really caught between LttP and MM

@Digi

my main issue with TP is that it actually had SO MUCH MORE potential than what happened in the game.

1) character development
The story introduces all these characters and none are properly developed at all. The main example being Ilia, Link's best friend from childhood and we know next to nothing about her. The game tried too many times to evoke emotional responses due to the perils of characters I don't care about.

2) item usage

way too many items only had use inside of the dungeon where you get them and outside they are totally useless. main culprits being the Spinner, Dominion Rod, and Ball and Chain

3) gimmicks and artificial game extension

Fetch quests and wolf form, all day long. I shouldn't even have to explain this

4) gameplay

yes the OoT model has been good to us, but it's time to upgrade the combat system PLEASE

uh... that's it for now... but TP needed some work.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 11:34 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

I Don't know how i'll feel about skyward sword but I think Twilight Princess is probably my favorite game ever. It took everything in Ocarina and made it darker and better and revealed more about Hyrule's bloody past. Despite the artwork, I hope Skyward Sword is just as dark.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2011 11:48 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

A Link To The Past

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2011 03:39 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Don't really have a favorite, but I do have least favorites; Majora's Mask headlining that list.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2011 04:10 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

As of right now, my favorite entry in the Legend of Zelda series is still Ocarina of Time.

Since I'm not a handheld gamer, I have never played any of the Gameboy games, even though I would like to.

I'm about to go to Gamestop right now and pick up my copy of Skyward Sword. Maybe after a week of playing this game I will have a new opinion.

Maybe.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 04:28 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ilioulos

The first Zelda for Nintendo. That brings back memories.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 01:23 AM
Ilioulos is currently offline Click here to Send Ilioulos a Private Message Find more posts by Ilioulos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I liked Link's Awakening the most. The reason is because it was the first one.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 01:54 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I truly hope that the Wii Virtual console will port some of the hand held games into the library.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 03:08 AM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by kgkg
A Link To The Past

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 04:38 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Oracles should definitely be a porting priority since it's collectively the single most massive Zelda game and requires the most hours to collect everything.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 07:05 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cyner
Too little too late

Oracles was definitely a fun set. Honestly the only LoZ game that I don't like so far is Phantom Hourglass. I've played past the third dungeon on Spirit Tracks and that game is decently fun. I'll probably finish it after I'm done with Skyward Sword.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 06:41 PM