KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » E3 2013

E3 2013
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

E3 2013

As you may or may not know, E3 is in a few days. What do you expect to see from each company?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 03:00 AM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

From the Xbox ONE, I expect to see two things:

1. Games. Lots of games. Lots of support for games and gamers.

2. Lots of ass kissing and damage control for the media fiasco regarding their shenanigans.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 03:42 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Pretty much what Blax said except for the part where we expect them to apologize and fix everything. They're no doubt gonna keep the DRMs in their console regardless of the negative feedback and hope their dozens of exclusive games will change our minds.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 04:54 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Recently there was an announcement of Rare saying they're going to bring an iconic revival of a franchise. If it's Killer Instinct and is only on the Xbox One and not 360 I'll be pissed, and knowing my luck that would be the case.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 05:08 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I don't see MS removing the DRM feature either, but I do see them sugar coating it and explaning consolations at E3 to smooth it over.

They could go either way on the always online thing. It's a feature that isn't necessary at all, even on their end, so I could see them dropping it. But they might just be stubborn.

As far as games, well, I'm hoping for more new IP's and less sequels, which we might get because 1. This is the start of the new console generation, and 2. I feel like sequel fatigue has settled in quite a bit. From what I've seen, a lot of sequel games didn't sell as well last year as publishers were hoping (sans the obligatory CoD release), so I think that's a message to publishers and developers that they need to step it up.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 05:22 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Microsoft will never apologize Nemesis.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 06:29 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Isn't that what I said?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 06:33 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I wanna see and know more about the Oculus Rift so far. A presentation on it'd be nice. Been following them since the start. And/or some more stuff on the Virtuix Omni treadmill.

Looking forward to what Nvidia's got up their sleeves too.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 06:43 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Isn't that what I said?
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 06:55 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I expect complete details about the Xbox One and PS4. Also, how many new exclusives games each system will have.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 11:57 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Hoping to hear on:

Bioshock Infinite DLC
Some sort of Battlefront 3 teaser
Pokemon X/Y (Which I guess won't technically be at E3, but the ND should still count)
New multi-plat titles

I'm not as interested in Sony or Microsoft as I should be (since I don't plan on getting Xbone or PS4 for a year or two) but those conferences should be exciting all the same.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 04:25 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I'm hoping Kojima is trolling us and we find out that Hayter is still the voice of Snake. embarrasment

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 04:29 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Hopefully something like this happens during Kojima's presentation
Originally posted by Zack Fair
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 06:23 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe something from Valve? That would be sweet but unlikely.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 07:37 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm actually expecting a big showing from MS, considering how underwhelming their Xbox One reveal was.

I would not be surprised at all if they announce some major exclusive or timed exclusives from EA, such as Dragon Age III or something.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2013 11:45 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

If it's only temporary, I'll just wait for DAIII to be on the PS4. Xbox One will have some awesome exclusives to show off, I'm sure, but no matter how tempting they look, I still don't think I'll go buy a One due to the flaws that were brought up at the reveal. If they want me and others back, they have to remove the Used Game DRM, let us play offline should we ever take our console somewhere that doesn't have internet or if we somehow lose connection at our homes, and let us turn the Kinect off whenever we don't need it.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2013 12:14 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahahah, people will buy it if it has games. People will always buy a console if it has games.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2013 03:10 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Smasandian
Hahahah, people will buy it if it has games. People will always buy a console if it has games.

PS4 has games and is not anti-consumer to boot so...

Old Post Jun 4th, 2013 04:30 AM
VG_Addict

I seriously doubt MS will remove the DRM.

If MS confirms DRM for the One, and the following day, Nintendo announces a unified account system for the Wii U/3DS, that would be a HUGE win for Nintendo.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2013 02:54 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

That wouldn't really matter. Nintendo isn't really directly competing with MS or Sony anymore. What MS or Nintendo does has no real affect on the other anymore.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2013 11:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote