KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno is an upcoming third-person action adventure game to be published by ElectronicArts, and developed by EA Redwood Shores. The game is based off from a poem called The Divine Comedy. The game will be released somewhere in 2009, and will be on the PlayStation3, and Xbox360.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 01:38 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

I wonder if they will make Purgatorio and Paradiso eventually...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 02:17 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

wow, i like ambition, but adapting Dante's inferno into a 3rd person shooter, well, that just sounds risky. Hopefully it will be more of an action adventure than a concrete 3rd person shooter.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 03:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Do you have a source?

And ragesRemorse, where does it say it's a shooter?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:29 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It's not a shooter and they showed a trailer for Dante's Inferno on the VideoGameAwards.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 04:54 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I have no idea how this is going to work at all...

an rpg of some sort?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 05:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
I have no idea how this is going to work at all...

Well the game is being developed by the same people who developed Dead Space so I don't see how they'll screw this one up.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 05:14 AM
Morridini
Morridini

Here's the trailer which was released a few days ago:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43685.html

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 11:37 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I like it.

A talented developing firm creating a new game even when their first did so well critically, and did alright money wise also.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 05:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Well the game is being developed by the same people who developed Dead Space so I don't see how they'll screw this one up.

it's not the company at all that worries me. i love the inferno, i just don't see how it can be adapted easily in to a game...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 05:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Raoul
it's not the company at all that worries me. i love the inferno, i just don't see how it can be adapted easily in to a game...

Well lets take Beowulf for example. First it was a poem and years later, it turned into a movie and became a success.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 05:52 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well lets take Beowulf for example. First it was a poem and years later, it turned into a movie and became a success.

and the game was shit, imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 05:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Do you even understand what I'm trying to say here?

And yes, the Beowulf game was crap but lets get back on topic about Dante. I shouldn't've brought up Beowulf at all.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 05:59 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Do you even understand what I'm trying to say here?

And yes, the Beowulf game was crap but lets get back on topic about Dante. I shouldn't've brought up Beowulf at all.

i do understand. the beowulf film was fine. a dante's inferno film would be fine.

games are just a different medium. i'm not saying it can't be done. i just hope it is done right...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 20th, 2008 06:06 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm pretty sure that the setting is the only thing that the will be taken from Dante's Inferno.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:36 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm pretty sure that the setting is the only thing that the will be taken from Dante's Inferno.

Agreed. I doubt they'll have Dante or Virgil actually slaying demons and warding off the damned.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:44 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Uh you'll actually be slaying demons. The trailer did show some guy breaching into Hell and driving some sharp cross into a demons eye socket. Ouch.

I'm sure that they'll be changing some things from the poem so they can make this game a bit more entertaining. For some reason the game almost reminded me of Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 06:40 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Uh you'll actually be slaying demons. The trailer did show some guy breaching into Hell and driving some sharp cross into a demons eye socket. Ouch.

I'm sure that they'll be changing some things from the poem so they can make this game a bit more entertaining. For some reason the game almost reminded me of Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Next time, you could try actually reading what I said and getting a meaning out of it.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 06:56 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So what Kaliero, were you being sarcastic about there being no demon slayings?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:02 AM
Peach
mordrem

So what Kaliero, were you being sarcastic about there being no demon slayings?

Err, no, actually he said nothing remotely like there being no demon slayings.

What he said, which is pretty clear, is that it likely will not have Dante or Vergil slaying demons.

There's a world of difference between that and "there's no demon-killing".

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 07:05 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote