KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Strongest Non-Human, Non-Sith (species) force users

Strongest Non-Human, Non-Sith (species) force users
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Strongest Non-Human, Non-Sith (species) force users

We all know almost all the real force beasts in SW, light or dark, tend to be humans. Sith Lords are usually Human or Sith, and the most famous Jedi are human too. The ancient Sith-species Sith are another species that had a lot of uber people, but not counting those two species, who are the top 20 force users?

Yoda's probably number one, but who else is worth adding to the last?

Darth Cognus and Darth Wyyrlok were both pretty powerful, I think the strongest members of their respective species.

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 13th, 2011 at 08:55 AM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 08:53 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
axel_jovan
Looking around.

Savage Opress seem pretty powerful

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 11:57 AM
Click here to Send axel_jovan a Private Message Find more posts by axel_jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well obviously Yoda.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 12:05 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

For being over 900 years old, I really don't think Yoda was that powerful. There were beings who managed to achieve power near his level in a fraction of the time.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 12:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Even if it took him awhile to get there, Yoda's still in the ranks of 'best ever'.

Lesse, Kopecz, a Twi'lek, was one of Kaan's rivals and one of the top Sith in the Brotherhood of Darkness. He was pretty strong.

The One Sith seemed to be an order that had a lot of strong non-humans of various species in high places- Nagai (Nihl), Twi'lek (Talon), Devaronian (Maladi).

Last edited by Q99 on Jun 13th, 2011 at 01:14 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 01:00 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh he's absolutely one of the best ever. I was just talking about his age/power ratio (which wasn't that great.)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 01:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Even if it took him awhile to get there, Yoda's still in the ranks of 'best ever'.

Lesse, Kopecz, a Twi'lek, was one of Kaan's rivals and one of the top Sith in the Brotherhood of Darkness. He was pretty strong.

The One Sith seemed to be an order that had a lot of strong non-humans of various species in high places- Nagai (Nihl), Twi'lek (Talon), Devaronian (Maladi).
So are you just going to star listing every species that had at least one member as a Force-user?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jinsoku Takai
CIT Network Technician

Originally posted by Q99
I wonder what kind of carnage Yoda would have caused when he was 300 or 400 years old?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 07:48 PM
Click here to Send Jinsoku Takai a Private Message Find more posts by Jinsoku Takai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Galan007
For being over 900 years old, I really don't think Yoda was that powerful. There were beings who managed to achieve power near his level in a fraction of the time.

I have to disagree with this.

I believe that most here would agree that Darth Sidious was more powerful in ROTJ than he was in ROTS. Well this is true due to him having a greater variety of new found force powers that he discovered and mastered over the decades. But I don't see how he greatly improved his core powers (TK, force speed, force lightning etc..) in ROTJ. By the time of ROTS the dark side granted Sidious with enough power to butcher three masters with "blinding speed" and to force Windu into his main office. In his duel with Yoda, Sidious was using the force to easily rip senate pods from their restraints and use them as projectile weapons against Yoda. The comic Sithisis shows him using force lightning to completely disintigrate a giant sith worm to nothing, and this was maybe weeks prior to ROTS. Sidious was also powerful enough to cloud the visions of over 10,000 jedi throughout the entire clone wars.

I think the same can be said about master Yoda. All those years added to his wisdom. You won't find too many jedi who were as wise or as knowledgeable as Yoda. All those years made Yoda an all around great person. He was a master of all 7 forms of lightsaber combat, and an incredible master of TK. Yoda was able to master battle meditation to a very high degree, and was able to see things in the force that most jedi could not, even when the force was being clouded. TPM visual dictionary says that Yoda traveled to many different worlds during his lifetime, so he probably had deep knowledge of hundreds of different cultures.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

The same wisdom and foresight that realized Anakin was in a highly unstable state requiring more than stock Jedi phrases, and that the Jedi were being played for fools. The same wisdom that produces stock Taoist phrases that sound deep and profound.

Oh wait...

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Lucius
The same wisdom and foresight that realized Anakin was in a highly unstable state requiring more than stock Jedi phrases, and that the Jedi were being played for fools. The same wisdom that produces stock Taoist phrases that sound deep and profound.

Oh wait...

What does this have to do with Yoda's accomplishments that I've mentioned above? I never said Yoda was an omniscience being. Yoda did not like the idea of war, but what was he suppose to do? Allow separatists to conquer worlds while he sits and decides whether or not they should partake in the war? Sidious played his cards extremely well. That does not make Yoda unwise.

Sidious also failed to foresee Vader turning on him. Does that negate his accomplishments?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I have to disagree with this.

I believe that most here would agree that Darth Sidious was more powerful in ROTJ than he was in ROTS. Well this is true due to him having a greater variety of new found force powers that he discovered and mastered over the decades. But I don't see how he greatly improved his core powers (TK, force speed, force lightning etc..) in ROTJ. By the time of ROTS the dark side granted Sidious with enough power to butcher three masters with "blinding speed" and to force Windu into his main office. In his duel with Yoda, Sidious was using the force to easily rip senate pods from their restraints and use them as projectile weapons against Yoda. The comic Sithisis shows him using force lightning to completely disintigrate a giant sith worm to nothing, and this was maybe weeks prior to ROTS. Sidious was also powerful enough to cloud the visions of over 10,000 jedi throughout the entire clone wars.

I think the same can be said about master Yoda. All those years added to his wisdom. You won't find too many jedi who were as wise or as knowledgeable as Yoda. All those years made Yoda an all around great person. He was a master of all 7 forms of lightsaber combat, and an incredible master of TK. Yoda was able to master battle meditation to a very high degree, and was able to see things in the force that most jedi could not, even when the force was being clouded. TPM visual dictionary says that Yoda traveled to many different worlds during his lifetime, so he probably had deep knowledge of hundreds of different cultures.
Okay?

All I'm saying is that for having 900+ years of training/experience under his belt, Yoda wasn't that powerful. Dooku, for instance, was very close to Yoda's level and he was only 83 years old when he died.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2011 11:45 PM
Lucius
Unknown

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
What does this have to do with Yoda's accomplishments that I've mentioned above? I never said Yoda was an omniscience being. Yoda did not like the idea of war, but what was he suppose to do? Allow separatists to conquer worlds while he sits and decides whether or not they should partake in the war? Sidious played his cards extremely well. That does not make Yoda unwise.

Sidious also failed to foresee Vader turning on him. Does that negate his accomplishments?

Consider that Yoda, a religious leader independent of the Republic government, started the Clone Wars by attacking Geonosis. For that matter, not using any metaknowlege, why would the Separatists attack worlds that didn't agree to succeed? The Separatists didn't actually attack anyone, and as far as anyone is concerned, they apprehended a Jedi spy, a Republic Senator acting like some kind of commando, and another Jedi spy. It isn't open knowledge that Nute Gunray wanted Padme killed, nor is it apparent that the Jedi are being tossed into an arena, Nero style. The only thing Yoda knows is that Obi-wan got cut off mid transmission. He doesn't even know Anakin and Padme are there. In fact, they wouldn't have been there if Padme wasn't dumb as a fvcking stump.

Yoda, with his limited knowledge of what was going on, attacks a Separatist planet with an army of clones and Jedi. No one appears to object to this decision, no one in the Senate seems to care that one Jedi has just instigated a galactic civil war.

It isn't so much Palpatine's “brilliance” as it is Yoda's stupidity. Simply put, all of Yoda's "accomplishments" are informed abilities. We are told he is wise, we never see this so called wisdom besides some scenes in ESB.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 12:07 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lucius
It isn't so much Palpatine's “brilliance”

Tread lightly.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 01:36 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

palptin is dum

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

N.
palptin is dum

only if "palptin" is the joker'z reel name lulz

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 01:50 AM
Click here to Send RagingBoner a Private Message Find more posts by RagingBoner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

no him

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 02:02 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

no u

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 02:12 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

wii u.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 02:27 AM
RagingBoner
Restricted

Account Restricted

me u love

Old Post Jun 14th, 2011 02:28 AM