KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Devil May Cry reboot...

Devil May Cry reboot...
Started by: BloodRawEngine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Miffed Devil May Cry reboot...

Announced at TGS, and in collaboration with Ninja Theory (who brought Heavenly Sword), Capcom has decided to give us a reimagining on one of its flagship franchises. Say hello to the new Dante--the new, rickety, grungy, cigarette-smoking, Starkiller pre-rehab look-alike Dante.

Hm...judge for yourselves, I may still be on the fence for a little bit.

Well...at least this means no more Nero...

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Sep 15th, 2010 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 03:52 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I laughed out loud for a good 5 minutes. laughing out loud

I haven't been a DMC fan in awhile, but I respect the series and this is just laughable.

You Dante fans have it bad.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 04:15 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

i like the idea of this actually. well, if it is what i am thinking it is.

It looks to me that it will be dante learning his abilities, and some government got ahold of him wanting to know what he is and why he is so tough. or something like that

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 04:34 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

This looks like an improvement, to me. no expression Dante looks less like a ridiculous anime character/Gary Stu. The game looks like it might take itself more seriously. (No random guitar soloes, anyone?)

Yeah it looks cliche, but I wouldn't count it out yet. I doubt Capcom would go for this if they thought it was a bad idea. Even they must know how ridiculous DMC dialogue has been. They kind of use it as a running joke in RE, for example. no expression Maybe they'll go for a grittier and better written angle.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 04:35 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Dante was not a cliche anime character. He was pretty damn Western actually.

He was a stubble wearing, hard drinking, gun toting, trash talking, cocky bastard.

Now he's a cigar smoking, teen angst having, emo ***** that looks like Chris Crocker.

Ironically its the Western artist that emasculated a Japanese character this time. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 04:41 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I didn't see him emoing or having teen angst, but I did see a cigar. Cite examples?

Also, I can show you examples of trash talking cocky assholes in anime, and I'm hardly an expert on anime. Dante looks a lot less like an animu character now, and as far as I can tell is wearing fewer unnecessary belts.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 05:32 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Do not want...

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 06:25 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Do not want...
It's not like Dante could actually get worse unless he actually IS emo in this game. O_o

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 06:36 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

That looks terrible. God damn it Capcom. Please go back to making good games again? Street Fighter 4 is not enough.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 07:06 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

This makes me want to burn all the hair off my body and bathe in green paint....Dante looks awful.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:00 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

^That'd still be a better look than the new Dante.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:15 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I don't get it. So his hair isn't as white, and he has a cigar. We've seen nothing of his new personality if he has one, and he's lost his ridiculous need to wear an unnecassary large number of belts. What's the loss? Dante before was not exactly the most likeable or interesting character. no expression I'm confused.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 08:46 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'm not saying the old Dante needs or deserves any defending either; like I've said often, Dante stopped being even tolerable by DMC3, but just aesthetically, a change in haircolor is the smallest change he's gone through from what's been shown. If he wasn't so utterly filthy and unkempt, he'd be immediately mistaken for the love child between Alex Mercer and Adam Lambert. Frankly, it's his only real plus so far, but I'll wait to see if it grows on me, because I'm not one to base my final opinion on a first impression, even with fictional characters.

But frankly, a slightly more grunge, nonchalant personality does sound like a decent change of pace from an immature snarky trash-talker the likes of which has been done more than enough in video games. Either way, it's only a matter of time before DMC purists come in all Godzilla 1998 style with the "D.I.N.O."s and nerdrage and the works.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:09 PM
NemeBro

My God...

This, is so... AWESOME!!!

YOUR TEARS MAKE ME STRONGER!!!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:34 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW

Howdy!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:40 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Announced at TGS, and in collaboration with Ninja Theory (who brought Heavenly Sword), Capcom has decided to give us a reimagining on one of its flagship franchises. Say hello to the new Dante--the new, rickety, grungy, cigarette-smoking, Starkiller pre-rehab look-alike Dante.

Hm...judge for yourselves, I may still be on the fence for a little bit.

Well...at least this means no more Nero...

It also means no more Vergil.

Nero was a shitty addition to the series. He won't be missed.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I don't get it. So his hair isn't as white, and he has a cigar. We've seen nothing of his new personality if he has one, and he's lost his ridiculous need to wear an unnecassary large number of belts. What's the loss? Dante before was not exactly the most likeable or interesting character. no expression I'm confused.

Compared to this Dante, old Dante looks much better, minus the retarded leather chaps in DMC4.

Either way, I hope they reinvent the mythos of the series with this new reboot, but keep the gameplay style from either DMC1 or DMC3. Personally, I'd prefer a DMC1-esque style.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:56 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
That looks terrible. God damn it Capcom. Please go back to making good games again? Street Fighter 4 is not enough.

^Tatsunoko VS Capcom. Good ass game.

I aint gonna judge the game itself but they phucked Dante up. WTF?

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Last edited by No End N Site on Sep 15th, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:59 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

For a super DMC hater like me, this is like, a dream come true. no expression

God bless you Capcom.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 10:03 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Please go back to making good games again? Street Fighter 4 is not enough.

That wasn't good though. *Runs inside his adamantium safehouse.*

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 10:21 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

What if..John Constantine learned how to fight...?

I like Ninja Theory art direction.
I like DMC gameplay.
Give us both and i dont see a downside.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 10:25 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote