KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Vulcan vs X-Man

Vulcan vs X-Man
Started by: id369

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Vulcan vs X-Man

Broken Earth

Specification
Current Vulcan with his team mates powers (Darwin, Petra, and Sway).
This is Shaman X-Man.

What makes this match good.

Family Ties always make for a good feud. Both wield massive powers, with immense potential. Now lets add some fuel to the flame, and take into account that personality wise both are polar personalities, yet both have no qualms in killing if needed.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:09 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Shaman

thank u bz

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:32 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Survivor19

If Gabriel has powers of Darwin in addition to his own, that is very much spite.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:33 AM
Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Bump.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2009 05:44 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy

Vulcan would have a massive advantage, now being experienced with his energy powers. He can use that to manipulate Nate Grey's own, whose psionic power is arguably cosmic in its level.

Darwin and Sway's powers on paper turns this thing around. However, I don't recall Vulcan ever manage to effectively use them offensively (I could be wrong, so please check Deadly Genesis). Sway's powers kept bringing back visions of the past and Darwin's powers kept Petra and Sway's powers together and active in Vulcan's body. Theoretically, the nature of Darwin could prevent Nate Grey from defeating Vulcan (due to the seemingly limitless extent of his power). But, as we all saw from WWH: X-Men, Darwin CAN be overcome, and would be teleported away from battle.

Shaman X-Man is Nate Grey with a mental maturity about his powers. He's still as powerful as ever, but he uses it more ruthlessly now. His telekinetic powers has a broader application than energy-manipulation -- he can move large objects to dimensional barriers to molecules. There's also his vast telepathic powers to consider too, which Vulcan doesn't really have a defense for, I believe. But remember, his body is still stressed under all that power, and with overuse, can actually be destroyed by itself.

Off the bat, Nate Grey can mind-rip Vulcan.

Vulcan, on the other hand, can sense the immense power of Nate Grey. He can try to manipulate it to go nova, similar to what Gambit did to New Sun. Or he can try to override Nate's command, thanks to Vulcan's Omega-level energy-manipulation.

Nate Grey can also manipulate the biological functions of Vulcan's body with his TK. He can seriously mess with his brain chemistry, which can induce a variety of effects that can range from incapacitation, to seizures, to even loss of powers. Also, Nate can keep his distance while doing this.

Given the characters' personalities, I see Vulcan striking first while Nate Grey remains passive-aggressive, but attacking via TP. Hard to say who wins -- but if Rachel Grey and Nate Grey's battle would escalate to some "quantum reality battle" (according to an interview with one of the writers), then a Vulcan vs. Shaman X-Man battle would be comparable, if not be more intense than Vulcan vs. Black Bolt.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 02:42 AM
shokosugi
Restricted

Account Restricted

X-man

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 06:16 AM
shokosugi is currently offline Click here to Send shokosugi a Private Message Find more posts by shokosugi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Bump

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 11:05 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nate shuts him down.. and then scans's his brain to see how his powers work and replicate his abilities.

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Nov 16th, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2010 11:59 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I could be remembering this incorrectly but didnt Vulcan easily disable Rachel's tp with his powers?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 03:11 AM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 04:06 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Xman unless Vulcan manipulates his tp (psionic energies)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 07:34 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Warlord
Xman unless Vulcan manipulates his tp (psionic energies)

Which he would do given his showings on panel doing that to other very powerful tps like Rachel Grey with ease.

Id say Vulcan

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:37 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

IF HE'S ALREADY DONE IT TO RACH, X-MAN ALTHOUGH MORE POWERFUL GOES DOWN TOO

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:38 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Warlord
IF HE'S ALREADY DONE IT TO RACH, X-MAN ALTHOUGH MORE POWERFUL GOES DOWN TOO

Who you shouting at? eek! laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:43 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

i figured out i was typing capitals in the middle of the setence.

too lazy to erase and rewrite...embarrasment

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 12:51 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

You know Vulcan has been effected by weaker telepaths.

Like Rachel. shifty

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 04:37 PM
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I've got to go with Vulcan on this.. I think.. lol

My Artwork

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 06:24 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

X-man has also manipulated psionic energy... he has grabbed Jean's psi bolts blast and send it back to her.. with no effort.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 07:07 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

id go with X-Man, vulcan never really impressed me, on paper he's a beast but the black bolt fight nonwithstanding...i didnt see him as all that proficient with his powers to take down a shaman nate

Old Post Nov 16th, 2010 07:13 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

M'kay

Vulcan has never manipulated psionic energies in it of itself, as in leap out, & grab it like he did with Warlocks magic. What he did do, was take control of Rachel. But this was only accomplished when Rachael unguarded herself in one of her blonde moments. In every proceeding encounter, Vulcan has failed to replicate his earlier feat. Enforcing that he needs to catch his character off guard to accomplish so. I seriously doubt Vulcan can catch Precognitive Telepath off guard in X-man.

I find the idea of turning off X-Man’s mutant powers humorous given that, not only would Vulcan not be able to do so, but in all likely hood its X-Man who can shut off Vulcan’s ability to manipulate energy. After all Stryfe has neutralized mutant/superhuman abilities. Cable has neutralized mutant/superhuman abilities. And yes Nate has done so as well, pick your poison through Telekinesis, or implanting mental blocks. As a point of reference Nate has successfully shut off the powers of Magneto, and that unknown telekinetic mutant who guarded the Gauntlet.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2010 03:40 AM