KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Taskmaster vs. Midnighter

Taskmaster vs. Midnighter
Started by: McNasty996

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
McNasty996

Taskmaster vs. Midnighter

Taskmaster

vs.

Midnighter

Standard equipment for all
Forum Rules
Who wins?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 09:12 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Midnighter.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 09:23 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

'Nighter, higher stats and knowing his style won't prevent the combat computer from granting an edge.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2011 09:50 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Ill be rebellious and go with Taskmaster.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 05:49 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godking

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
'Nighter, higher stats and knowing his style won't prevent the combat computer from granting an edge.
True but taskmaster could use every style that he has to confuse the combat computer.

He did it before to beat that red shirt guy

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:13 AM
godking is currently offline Click here to Send godking a Private Message Find more posts by godking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by godking
True but taskmaster could use every style that he has to confuse the combat computer.

I don't think the combat computer works that way.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:19 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The computer analyzes the situation and shows Mids most if not all possible scenarios for coming out on top in seconds. He picks the best one and does it.

Taskmaster has no way to win.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:26 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by KingD19
The computer analyzes the situation and shows Mids most if not all possible scenarios for coming out on top in seconds. He picks the best one and does it.

I think u are overrating Midnighter. He gets to see possibale scenerios that could occur, he can't automaticly make the one he wants occur. he not unstoppable. Frankly he not potrayed that way at all. not sure why people assume that Midnighter abilitiy auto make shim win, becuase it doesent. It helpful, but not nearly as powerful as certain posters like to pretend. MN almost excusively fights cannon fodder and is not remotely as impressive as many pretend he is.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:34 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Midnighter.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 07:53 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I think u are overrating Midnighter. He gets to see possibale scenerios that could occur, he can't automaticly make the one he wants occur. he not unstoppable. Frankly he not potrayed that way at all. not sure why people assume that Midnighter abilitiy auto make shim win, becuase it doesent. It helpful, but not nearly as powerful as certain posters like to pretend. MN almost excusively fights cannon fodder and is not remotely as impressive as many pretend he is.

I never said he can make the ones he want appear. I said the computer shows the best ways for him to come out on top, because that's what it does. And it shows a helluva lot of them. Like when he was fighting all those bugs, it said he got millions of scenarios in a few seconds or something like that. I also said he picks the course of action he thinks is best based on the choices at hand.

And the reason I said Taskmaster has no chance is because Midnighter is clearly above him in strength, speed, agility, etc... In a forum fight, a regular human like Taskmaster goes down hard to a legit superhuman who has feats like Mids does.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 08:59 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I never said he can make the ones he want appear. I said the computer shows the best ways for him to come out on top, because that's what it does. And it shows a helluva lot of them. Like when he was fighting all those bugs, it said he got millions of scenarios in a few seconds or something like that. I also said he picks the course of action he thinks is best based on the choices at hand.

And the reason I said Taskmaster has no chance is because Midnighter is clearly above him in strength, speed, agility, etc... In a forum fight, a regular human like Taskmaster goes down hard to a legit superhuman who has feats like Mids does.

Assuming Taskmaster allows this. lot of it depends upon his opponents as much as himself. Think people serously overestimate this power. It like a less accurate telepath. He simply see's ways the fight could go, not how it will go. It an advantage but can be overcome. Again ur example is cannon fodder, when has he really proven himself against establish characters?

I disagree. MN is pretty much a mirror image of capt phsyically. Taskmaster can hang with MN. Only real advantage MN even has is damage soak and strength. TM agility, speed ect due to his abilites such as amping his speed is more or less equal to MN.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:06 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote:
Again ur example is cannon fodder, when has he really proven himself against establish characters?

He's proven himself against Zealot, who's a millenia-old warrior with superhuman stats.

Also he and Jack Hawksmoor often find themselves fighting evenly, despite Jack having much higher stats.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:28 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Q99
He's proven himself against Zealot, who's a millenia-old warrior with superhuman stats.

Also he and Jack Hawksmoor often find themselves fighting evenly, despite Jack having much higher stats.

He stalemated her, that does not scream stomping Taskmaster. Zealot feats are what again? She again no superior then capt (who by the way would beat her) and Taskmaster has hung against him and done quite fine (and won as well).

Jacks abilities varies, so context would need to be present for an accurate assessment.

Yea and taskmaster done great against Iron man who has much superior abilites and stats to TM, works both ways.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:36 AM
KingD19

He also took out a speedster who was tearing apart the rest of the team.

A superhuman with super speed with one or two blows.

Effortlessly took a kick from the Doctor, a kick that sent him flying and towards a mountain.

Kicked a tank shell at another tank.(Speed, durability, reaction time)

Etc....

Tasky is screwed, accept it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:37 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

He also took out a speedster who was tearing apart the rest of the team.

A superhuman with super speed with one or two blows.

Effortlessly took a kick from the Doctor, a kick that sent him flying and towards a mountain.

Kicked a tank shell at another tank.(Speed, durability, reaction time)

Etc....

Tasky is screwed, accept it.

issue and title. (though so has numerous other street levelers done this)

what?

what does this prove? Bet I could find TM wistand hit from class 100, so I not sure what ur example is ment to prove (though I admitt MN has superior damage soak)

Can u provide evidence which supports him possessing such levels of strength? Because I read numerous of his comics and he enevr been depicted remotely possessing such level of strength out side the single appearance. Which would classify it as an outliner aka pis. Oh yes MN not exempt from PIS.

Why should I accept, ur vast overestimation of MN abilites based off outliners and not vast majority of his appearances?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:43 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Q99

?!

They have two brief fights, one not in a city where MNer understandably wins, the other a non-fight where they're bantering more than fighting.

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
issue and title. (though so has numerous other street levelers done this)

what?

what does this prove? Bet I could find TM wistand hit from class 100, so I not sure what ur example is ment to prove (though I admitt MN has superior damage soak)

Can u provide evidence which supports him possessing such levels of strength? Because I read numerous of his comics and he enevr been depicted remotely possessing such level of strength out side the single appearance. Which would classify it as an outliner aka pis. Oh yes MN not exempt from PIS.

Why should I accept, ur vast overestimation of MN abilites based off outliners and not vast majority of his appearances?

His "vast majority of his appearances" don't contradict those mentioned. When has he displayed low durability or strength that contradicts these limits? Because showing a level of super strength isn't an anomaly when he doesn't always show those levels...it's only an anomaly when he has other appearances where his limit is shown to be far lower. I'd be interested to see your justification here.

Those feats and others exist in his respect thread (or the Authority respect thread, rather), including the speedster feat, fired tank shell redirection with his kick, taking the kick that sent him probably a mile with no ill effects, etc.

As for supporting evidence of strength: damaging Apollo, creating a head-sized chunk in a wall from simply spitting a tooth, matching Zealot for hours (also an insane skill, endurance and durability feat), those are off the top of my head. There may be others.

I like Taskmaster. I don't give a shit who "wins" this thread. I'm just not sure how MNer's feats are PIS when they're relatively reasonable given his other history.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 25th, 2011 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 02:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ thumb up

He doesn't always pick the "best" one. He's explained that sometimes he likes to drag it out. I guess, in essence, he picks the one he likes the best.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:44 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Digi
creating a head-sized chunk in a wall from simply spitting a tooth
that's not logically possible no expression

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:57 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

comics

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:58 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Originally posted by Starscream M
that's not logically possible no expression
Neither is a character that can kick/redirect a tank shell.

It's gotdamn comics. What do you expect?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 04:00 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote