KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Cloud Vs. Zidane

Cloud Vs. Zidane
Started by: GrieverSquall

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

Question Cloud Vs. Zidane

(please log in to view the image)

Versus

(please log in to view the image)

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) Vs. Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX)
Who would win in this fight? Discuss.

(In Zidane's image it says: 'Yitán', that's the Spanish version of his name).

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 10:45 AM
GrieverSquall is currently offline Click here to Send GrieverSquall a Private Message Find more posts by GrieverSquall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Zidane wins for being ****ing awesome and not emosteak like Cloud is.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 03:03 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

I'm going to have to go with Zidane. He was made to destroy a world, after all.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 04:40 PM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Damn! There hasn't been a swarm of Cloud fanboys here yet. I know Zidane would probably win but it kind of weird to not see anyone supporting Cloud.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 05:01 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

On a serious note Cloud has much better feats than Zidane.

no expression

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 05:08 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Depends. What materia is Cloud receiving for this fight? And what abilities does Zidane get?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 05:39 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If Zidane can Trance he probably wins with his harcoar explosion attacks and shit. But yeah, th only time he shows himself near Clouds level physically is at the end when he saves Kuja.

Youtube edit: Yeah, he's pretty impressive, but more Tifa level than Cloud. A suped up Prince of Persia kind of.

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 28th, 2010 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 05:57 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Depends. What materia is Cloud receiving for this fight? And what abilities does Zidane get?

Well... I haven't specified that. I suppose any Materia... The problem is that we don't know which Materia Cloud uses in the story-line.
Zidane can use all of his abilities, this is a free fight. But I think that stealing from Cloud wouldn't help much, lol.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 06:07 PM
GrieverSquall is currently offline Click here to Send GrieverSquall a Private Message Find more posts by GrieverSquall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by GrieverSquall
Well... I haven't specified that. I suppose any Materia... The problem is that we don't know which Materia Cloud uses in the story-line.
Zidane can use all of his abilities, this is a free fight. But I think that stealing from Cloud wouldn't help much, lol.

Any materia means Cloud could summon, which makes it a bit unfair. But materia like Toad for example, wouldn't work on Zidane who'd likely have an ability that protects against it. Cloud is only forced to have materia equipped in the very beginning. Thunder and Blizzard. So he is pretty magically challenged here. lol

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 06:22 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

Any materia means Cloud could summon, which makes it a bit unfair. But materia like Toad for example, wouldn't work on Zidane who'd likely have an ability that protects against it. Cloud is only forced to have materia equipped in the very beginning. Thunder and Blizzard. So he is pretty magically challenged here. lol

Well I think yes, but I recall he canonically receives the Shiva Materia if I am not mistaken (In Final Fantasy VII) correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's after saving a little girl. So, if that counts, we have Thunder, Blizzard and a Summon Materia for Cloud including his super-human strength. Although, I suppose we are comparing the Cloud from the present, which it doesn't uses Materia.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 06:32 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well I think yes, but I recall he canonically receives the Shiva Materia if I am not mistaken (In Final Fantasy VII) correct me if I'm wrong, I think it's after saving a little girl. So, if that counts, we have Thunder, Blizzard and a Summon Materia for Cloud including his super-human strength. Although, I suppose we are comparing the Cloud from the present, which it doesn't uses Materia.

No. Thats correct. I forgot about that. I was just using the materia the game makes you have equipped and Shiva can just be given to anyone after you get it. In that case, Cloud would also receive cure, since Barret gives it to you. With that, plus the summon, Cloud has a very high probability of success. In a straight up melee fight, not sure. I don't recall many strength feats from Zidane, but he is most likely more nimble than Cloud.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 08:40 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by NemeBro
Zidane wins for being ****ing awesome and not emosteak like Cloud is.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 10:13 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

No. Thats correct. I forgot about that. I was just using the materia the game makes you have equipped and Shiva can just be given to anyone after you get it. In that case, Cloud would also receive cure, since Barret gives it to you. With that, plus the summon, Cloud has a very high probability of success. In a straight up melee fight, not sure. I don't recall many strength feats from Zidane, but he is most likely more nimble than Cloud.

Oh I see, well if that's the case then let's leave the Summons away, is also unfair for Zidane. What I see from this fight is that Cloud got the upper hand in physical strength and endurance, on the other hand Zidane got the upper hand in agility and speed, Zidane must be the most agile Final Fantasy character in my opinion. But hey, Cloud is also fast, not agile like a monkey though. Zidane can't pass to his Trance form like nothing, remember that 'Trance' is induced by a surge of emotion.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 11:23 PM
TacDavey

You can't use materia just like you can't use FFXII's skills. It's all up to the player who uses what. Unless GrieverSquall want's to specifically lay out materia that Cloud has, of course.

Zidane was an ultra powerful "angel of death" as the game puts it. Sent to destroy the world, basically. That must mean at full strength he's more than a nimble thief. I don't see Cloud topping that at all. Zidane is probably one of the most powerful FF characters now that I think about it.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 11:44 PM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

Well... Actually Cloud doesn't use Materia anymore...

Zidane was made to destroy the world? What world? Gaia? Kuja was the 'Angel of Death' at first, he caused destruction by giving birth to powerful Black Mages and provoking wars in the planet, that's the true purpose of the 'Angel of Death' as far as I know.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 12:00 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by TacDavey
You can't use materia just like you can't use FFXII's skills. It's all up to the player who uses what. Unless GrieverSquall want's to specifically lay out materia that Cloud has, of course.

Zidane was an ultra powerful "angel of death" as the game puts it. Sent to destroy the world, basically. That must mean at full strength he's more than a nimble thief. I don't see Cloud topping that at all. Zidane is probably one of the most powerful FF characters now that I think about it.

Technically not. We have been specifying what materia Cloud does get story wise through the game. Blizzard and Thunder are a given, and Cure is also possibly acceptable.

Zidane also lacks the control of his powers. He "can" be a super awesome angel of death. But he never really taps into the power. Trance is the closest he gets to it.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 12:49 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Well... Actually Cloud doesn't use Materia anymore...

Zidane was made to destroy the world? What world? Gaia? Kuja was the 'Angel of Death' at first, he caused destruction by giving birth to powerful Black Mages and provoking wars in the planet, that's the true purpose of the 'Angel of Death' as far as I know.

You said in the op, Final Fantasy VII. Meaning we have to tuck AC away until otherwise. Lets not limit Cloud to his big sword. Rather unfair.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 12:51 AM
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

You said in the op, Final Fantasy VII. Meaning we have to tuck AC away until otherwise. Lets not limit Cloud to his big sword. Rather unfair.

Ok, got it. So this is Final Fantasy VII Cloud, then.

Zidane also lacks the control of his powers. He "can" be a super awesome angel of death. But he never really taps into the power. Trance is the closest he gets to it.

Actually, Zidane has never shown that kind of power whatsoever, not even near. I don't remember Garland speaking such thing either. Like I said, the true purpose of the 'Angel of Death' is just to cause destruction in Gaia, mostly with wars, giving birth to Black Mages, manipulating countries, etc. (What Kuja did). Not to blow a planet. The difference between Zidane and Kuja, is that Zidane is a Genome who developed feelings and the power to pass to a Trance form normally, when Kuja lacks that ability.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 02:16 AM
TacDavey

That's one way to do it, but Kuja destroyed Terra all by himself. They have the ability. Plus, doesn't Garland say Zidane is stronger than Kuja at one point? He's says "Kuja couldn't stand to see a genome more powerful than him."

Technically not. We have been specifying what materia Cloud does get story wise through the game. Blizzard and Thunder are a given, and Cure is also possibly acceptable.

Yes but who equips them? Cloud, or Barret or Tifa? All up to the player. Sure, maybe the plot says they get the materia, but it's still up to the player to decide who uses it. You could say Cloud uses Blizzard and Thunder because that's what he started out with, but even that is easily changed.

True, but I'd still be willing to bet a part of "super awesome angel of death" would be enough to beat most people. Though it's true we never really know how much of his original abilities he has.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 02:10 PM
GrieverSquall
Lone Wolf

Originally posted by TacDavey
That's one way to do it, but Kuja destroyed Terra all by himself. They have the ability. Plus, doesn't Garland say Zidane is stronger than Kuja at one point? He's says "Kuja couldn't stand to see a genome more powerful than him."

That's the way to do it. Yes, Kuja destroyed Terra by himself, but he can't Trance naturally like Zidane, remember? Zidane is superior to him. That wasn't supposed to happen either. He developed such power just by absorbing all the souls from the Invincible, otherwise he wouldn't have destroyed absolutely anything. The Trance form Kuja has got, is something Zidane could never reach.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 02:25 PM