KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Captain Titus v.s. Master Chief

Captain Titus v.s. Master Chief
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Captain Titus v.s. Master Chief

Captain Titus from SPEHSS MEHREEN v.s. TEH SPARTAN, because I feel like causing a shit storm.

Four rounds:

1. Shoot out, basic weaponry available. So, Bolter v.s. Assault rifle. /Trollface.
2. Melee, no weapons.
3. Melee with chainsword v.s. plasma sword.
4. Thunder hammer and jump pack v.s. plasma sword and a banshee.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:36 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'll be sure to let Polaski know about this when she comes home, for the lulz.

Gotta ask though, are WH40K feats in general (meaning codex fluff, novel fluff etc) in play here, or is it game only?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Sep 19th, 2011 at 01:44 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:40 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I'll be sure to let Polaski know about this when she comes home, for the lulz.

Gotta ask though, are WH40K feats in general (meaning codex fluff, nove fluff etc) in play here, or is it game only?
Codex feats, and things from the Ultramarine novels will be allowed, but I want the game to take precedence, since there are differences, or seem to be to me.

That game is so godamn metal, lol. Not finished it yet, but I had to make this thread.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:43 AM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Any codex fluff SM would crush the Master Chef. Power armor alone clinches it.

edit- I want the game. Not paying 60 bucks for it, though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:45 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Any codex fluff SM would crush the Master Chef. Power armor alone clinches it.

edit- I want the game. Not paying 60 bucks for it, though.
Titus has a chronic too-badass-to-wear-his-helmet problem. :P

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 01:46 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Titus should win virtually every time. Perhaps Chief could get lucky and scramble Titus' brains cause he's too dumb to wear a helmet.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 02:31 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

havent played space marine yet what are some of titus feats?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 03:50 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
since there are differences, or seem to be to me.

What differences would those be?

Though if you are allowing the Ultramarine novels, Titus has the strength then to tear the hatches of a Leman Russ, and lift a 30 ton or so APC up on its side.

And codex fluff dictates Space Marines can survive Barrage Bombs, orbital bombardment, as well as Librarium (A REALLY big one, the biggest outside of the Sol System, and the bomb was even capable of tearing a massive enough Warp Rift to allow Fateweaver to Materialise) destroying Warpfire bombs left by Ahriman.

Let's see... With a Thunder Hammer he would be able to collapse a chapel by slamming it against the wall. I think we all know how comically large 40k chapels are.

As for Titus' feats, I've only seen two strength feats thus far.

One where he physically turns around a pretty big (It was well over twice his height and over twice as wide as him) Ork Artillery cannon to fire upon an Ork ship.

Another where he, alone and seemingly without much effort, pushes a massive artillery shell, it looked to be about 20-30 feet long, and 10 feet in diameter, or so.

The bolter is of course superior to the assault rifle, almost unfairly so, but Chief's armour and shields are probably durable enough to weather a few shots from it at least.

Not sure if the Chainsword is better than the Plasma Sword though.

Thunderhammer crushes Banshee though.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 04:12 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

i dont think he can catch a banshee with the hammer banshees can do more than just hover.

and i need to update my profile x_x

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 04:27 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I dunno, Space Marines have pretty boss reflexes.

Though, you're right, the Jump pack has a finite amount of distance it can propel Titus.

A Banshee has no such limit, and can pummel Titus with Banshee fire from a safe altitude.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:04 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
What differences would those be?
Things like the 'shielding' mechanic they added in, which is never really mentioned outside gameplay mechanics so it's probably just that, but I dunno, lol.

quote:
One where he physically turns around a pretty big (It was well over twice his height and over twice as wide as him) Ork Artillery cannon to fire upon an Ork ship.

Another where he, alone and seemingly without much effort, pushes a massive artillery shell, it looked to be about 20-30 feet long, and 10 feet in diameter, or so.
Yeah, he gave not one **** about that artillery shell. no expression He also gets a pretty good plot-relevant durability feat. Don't wanna spoil, so will use spoiler tags.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Survives some kind of explosion/reaction from a power generator that uses warp energy without his helmet and no damage to note. An Inquisitor notes that it should be impossible.

He also routinely overpowers Ork Nobz and shit.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:09 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Titus rapes if we are counting all that ultra marines can do

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:13 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Things like the 'shielding' mechanic they added in, which is never really mentioned outside gameplay mechanics so it's probably just that, but I dunno, lol.

He also routinely overpowers Ork Nobz and shit.
1. Well, power armour can to an extent repair itself, if not then at least compensate for any damage.

2. To be fair, Ork Nobz wreck the **** out of you in a stand-up fight, and IIRC they overpower you if you try any shit before weakening them.

Also, **** your spoiler, didn't read.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:17 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
2. To be fair, Ork Nobz wreck the **** out of you in a stand-up fight
Disagreed. I find going toe to toe with them to be the fastest way to kill them if I don't have a melta gun, lol.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:20 AM
NemeBro

Hm.

I only played the demo, so you may be right.

Still though.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:21 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Yeah you pretty much destroy any nob up close if its less then 3 on 1

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 05:51 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Having just beaten the game, I am so, so sorry. Chief could prolly shoot Titus in his unarmoured face and achieve little. no expression

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Titus tanks a pretty metal explosion at the end. It's wider than the orbital spire. no expression

^BEEG SPOILER. BE CAREFUL.

Edit: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It's at least partially due to warp resistance, though, but still.

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Sep 19th, 2011 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 09:09 PM
NemeBro

He also [SPOILER - highlight to read]: survived the big ass ****ing huge dickweed fall from the top of the Spire, after he beat a ****ing Daemon Prince in melee combat using his fists and a chainsword. That's some ridiculous shit, Titus stomps this so hard.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2011 02:53 AM