KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Asura's Wrath

Asura's Wrath
Started by: Bro SMASH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bro SMASH

Asura's Wrath

Here's the trailer for the newest Capcom game called Asura's Wrath:

Is Capcom trying to compete with God of War now?

Last edited by Bro SMASH on Sep 15th, 2010 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 03:11 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Better question.

Is Capcom trying to compete with games that don't suck?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 06:10 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Anyone else find that trailer too stupid to take seriously?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:14 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

His stupid repetitive grunts were really annoying.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 09:18 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

This game just looks dull.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:31 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Lol this looks stupid as hell, but a fun kind of stupid.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 05:24 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican

Is Capcom trying to compete with games that don't suck?

And in what way are they developing it?

pretty sure that i seen CyberConnect2 for that part.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 09:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Haha, he's fighting Sabertooth.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 10:15 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

hopefully there is better dialog in the actual game.

but how do you lose in this game? or do you, it looks to me that he just doesn't die. but that is from a VERY limited view of it.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 03:49 PM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Anyone else find that trailer too stupid to take seriously?

Yep.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2010 04:19 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Seems like a converted, rage filled Kratos.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 02:26 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 12:33 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 12:59 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Sounds like Steve Blum doing his Wolverine voice with a drunken slur.

Not that I'm complaining; Asura still seems like the only character out of Capcom action game that I feel can be taken at least remotely seriously, even with all the super saiyan screaming.

Wonder if we'll get to fight that planet-sized guy.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2011 01:15 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Another trailer, may contain spoilers.

This verse is a beast. Eat your heart out Gin

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 10:44 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Dante's got nothing on him either

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2011 11:55 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Stopping the Savior > Destroying a planet sized god

And not saying that due to the lack of meds... not at all

Definatly one of Capcoms top verses. Ho geezus what will that main god guy do? O___o

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 12:06 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I already had an interest in the game (thought the art style looked great and the sheer DBZ+God of War+Asian mythology and religion+Pseudo brawler, multiplied to ****-all-senseless levels without seeming too obnoxious ie Bayonetta certainly made me dart an eyelid), and the least I can say is that the atmosphere certainly seems more original than I'd'a thought at first. From what the combat thus far shows, I don't really notice Asura there using anything other than his fists; I'm wondering if they'll exercise a bit of variety in the combat. I'm normally not particularly a fan of outrageously overpowered displays of overpoweredness in video games, but I find alot of enjoyment seeing these fights and scenes in Asura's Wrath, cutscene and gameplay. Maybe it's just cuz the approach seems more akin to something of my tastes instead of just trying to make it look slick only to make it look corny.

But why the hell end that trailer on a cliffhanger at that particular shot when we've already seen the guy punch a planet-sized Buddha so hard that it blew up? Not even counting it was delivered to said Buddha's East Coast-sized finger.

Last edited by BloodRawEngine on Aug 17th, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 12:34 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

What sort of variety do you mean?

Maybe cos he's doing it to a guy thats even stronger than said super-mega-ultra Buddah. Might be a more powerful move.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 12:48 AM
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

Holy Shit @ that trailer! Over-the-top much?

I was gonna ask how in de f**k did they get to the moon, but never mind.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Aug 17th, 2011 01:17 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote