KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Heihachi vs. Ryu

Heihachi vs. Ryu
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Heihachi vs. Ryu

Who wins ?

Old Post May 25th, 2011 02:45 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Been done to death already across so many crossover threads... I'm not going through that shite again, so I'll just say Ryu wins in a pinch.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post May 25th, 2011 06:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

I think Ryu can KO Heihachi without much trouble. Killing him, well that's a different story.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post May 25th, 2011 06:42 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Yes, Heihachi seems quite hard to kill.

His feat to stop a bullet with his teeth is quite good, however I think too that Ryu wins this.

Old Post May 25th, 2011 07:03 AM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
I think Ryu can KO Heihachi without much trouble. Killing him, well that's a different story.
Based on what ?

Old Post May 25th, 2011 04:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Based upon canon feats and storyline.

Ryu can tank fists from a man that can destroy one island with a fist. That's storyline/gameplay segregation. Even Tekkenverse has it: gameplay-wise Tekken chars are not too different from real world athletes, but looking at intro, endings, etc, we can see that Heiachi can block a bullet with his teeth, 4 example.
In Street Fighter (and even moreso in Darkstalkers) char are far more powerful storyline-wise than gameplay wise.

However Heihachi seems resistant like a cockroach (that old man simply don't want to die), so is fair to state that Ryu can KO Heiachi without too much trouble, but he may not able to kill him (even 'cause Ryu doesn't fight to kill people).

Old Post May 25th, 2011 05:46 PM
Meioh_Hades is currently offline Click here to Send Meioh_Hades a Private Message Find more posts by Meioh_Hades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Meioh_Hades
Based upon canon feats and storyline.

Ryu can tank fists from a man that can destroy one island with a fist. That's storyline/gameplay segregation. Even Tekkenverse has it: gameplay-wise Tekken chars are not too different from real world athletes, but looking at intro, endings, etc, we can see that Heiachi can block a bullet with his teeth, 4 example.
In Street Fighter (and even moreso in Darkstalkers) char are far more powerful storyline-wise than gameplay wise.

However Heihachi seems resistant like a cockroach (that old man simply don't want to die), so is fair to state that Ryu can KO Heiachi without too much trouble, but he may not able to kill him (even 'cause Ryu doesn't fight to kill people).
Heihachi can catch bullets in his mouth and in the upcoming crossover all characters are in same weight class of fighters like I have always maintained.

The island fist punch is greatly exaggerated and hasn't been definitively proven to be canon.

I'd say Heihachi wins. Meaner, bullet catcher, his fists break Ryu's jaw.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 02:03 AM
Darkstorm Zero

"Not definitelvely proven as canon"? Wut? No, seriously, wut?

The fact that Street Fighters plot in A2 was propelled forward by this event, culminating in Ryu losing 2 matches because he questioned his conviction purely based on said event.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 03:32 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
"Not definitelvely proven as canon"? Wut? No, seriously, wut?

The fact that Street Fighters plot in A2 was propelled forward by this event, culminating in Ryu losing 2 matches because he questioned his conviction purely based on said event.
Proof ?

Old Post May 26th, 2011 05:52 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Watch Ryu's A2 ending where the event took place.

It was after that event that Ryu lost to Sagat, then Ken as per their endings, which are also official.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 08:26 AM
GVSSK
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
so I'll just say Ryu wins in a pinch.

Why would you say the less obvious of the two outcomes? Normal Ryu has to avoid what Heihachi catches with his teeth. Durability and experience shits on Ryu as well.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 11:51 AM
GVSSK is currently offline Click here to Send GVSSK a Private Message Find more posts by GVSSK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crimson_2010

Ryu loses cuz Heihachi is an experienced fighter and he's as tough as the diamond. (the explosion he tanked in tekken 5 is the equivalent of the nuclear bomb cuz jack bloodline is made of plutonium).
Ryu can put up a good fight but in the end, he'd get pwned....

Old Post May 26th, 2011 11:53 AM
crimson_2010 is currently offline Click here to Send crimson_2010 a Private Message Find more posts by crimson_2010 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GVSSK
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's if your idea of a good fight is seeing Ryu's skull shatter against Heihachi's upon impact, or getting Broken-Toy'd off a cliff he wouldn't survive against.

Old Post May 26th, 2011 11:55 AM
GVSSK is currently offline Click here to Send GVSSK a Private Message Find more posts by GVSSK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

Originally posted by quanchi112
Proof ?

You always ask "proof" for things that are proved to be canon in SF, and almost everyone with knowledge of a bit of SFverse know that those things happened.

So, since you don't know almost nothing of SF canon powers, how can you truly judge Street Fighters' warriors abilities?

Old Post May 26th, 2011 02:56 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by GVSSK
Why would you say the less obvious of the two outcomes? Normal Ryu has to avoid what Heihachi catches with his teeth. Durability and experience shits on Ryu as well.

Bullets bounce off of Ryu. cool

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post May 26th, 2011 03:05 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meioh_Hades

IIRC the "bullet dodge" was in the SF Alpha anime (noncanon anime, but Capcom stated that chars have the "right" canon powers in that anime).

So Alpha Ryu can effortessly dodge bullets, while the stronger and wiser Ryu from SF4 simply don't even need to dodge them.

Heiachi has to catch what bounced off Ryu's skin. Durability and experience shits on Heiachi as well :P

Old Post May 26th, 2011 03:13 PM
samirerre

ryu is just a student compere to heihachi
even kazuya is stronger

Old Post May 26th, 2011 05:20 PM
samirerre is currently offline Click here to Send samirerre a Private Message Find more posts by samirerre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 27th, 2011 01:17 AM
GVSSK
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Bullets bounce off of Ryu. cool

Someone might want to read posts carefully.

I said normal Ryu. Normal Ryu was bleeding from a couple of street bums with alcohol bottles wasn't he? Is this the Alpha movie Capcom said was an accurate portrayal of the characters? Heihachi didn't bleed from a blast that would have vaporized normal Ryu.

Old Post May 27th, 2011 01:47 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Originally posted by GVSSK
Someone might want to read posts carefully.

I said normal Ryu. Normal Ryu was bleeding from a couple of street bums with alcohol bottles wasn't he? Is this the Alpha movie Capcom said was an accurate portrayal of the characters? Heihachi didn't bleed from a blast that would have vaporized normal Ryu.

There is no possible way to know that.

Heihachi didn't surface again for 3 weeks.

And Kazuya, who is easily on par or superior to Heihachi has been scarred by less, hell, even Hachi himself has got scars.

And, Ryu has been able to tank Gouki's attacks, attacks with the potential to level islands>>>>> Any feat in Tekken by a good 5 orders of magnitude.

Old Post May 27th, 2011 01:54 AM