KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why didnt Dooku betray Sidious back ?

Why didnt Dooku betray Sidious back ?
Started by: Count Makashi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Count Makashi
Count Dookus number 1 fan

Why didnt Dooku betray Sidious back ?

I don't know if this was done before, if it was i apologize.

Why didn't Dooku betray Sidious when he was defeated by Anakin, when Sidious says God Anakin god. Kill him, kill him naw, why didn'tDooku say to Anakin that that the chancellor was a Sith lord(not to beg for his life, just to betray Sidious-it is the sith way).
In my opinion Dooku started out good, but was seduced by the dark side, he believed that Sidious was going to create a better society.
He thought the republic was to weak and corrupt and the jedi betrayedthemselves serving such institutions.
I think he didn't say anything, because he thought if he told Anakin he could kill Sidious and everything would be back to as it was before, the corrupt republic, not protecting its people.( not that Sidious was a better choice, Dooku just thought he was).

Your thoughts

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:25 AM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Certainly something that surprised me, yes, I would hae been tempoted to blab everything. What's to lose?

So possibly the most credible reason is that he suspected Anakin might be Sidious' downfall anyway.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think that would have been against the noble background of Dooku´s character: to whine at the moment of death.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 04:25 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

the above plus i think he was in shock
not only had he been defeated he was also minus both hands AND his master had ordered his death
after a min for that to sink in he could have said something but by that time his head was bouncing off the floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Feb 7th, 2007 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 06:00 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

forgive me if ive missed something in AOTC or ROTS but does Dooku every say that he knows Palpatine is Sideous

i know the war is orchestrated etc but i always found it a little confusing as i dont recall Dooku saying anything or appearing with Palps just references to a dark lord and master

if ive missed something form a que to kick my arse

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Feb 7th, 2007 at 06:30 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 06:26 PM
Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think he knew... the end of AOTC they seem pretty close.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 07:36 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

Yeah Dooku knew the Chancellor's true identity, but i think i read somewhere that Dooku joined Sidious purely for political reasons, and so maybe he didn't really see a point in betraying him...but yeah, I'm sure shock was the main reason. Before Obi and Anakin reached the chamber, Sidious told him that he'd interfere if somehow Anakin got the upperhand..he sure wasn't expecting him to say "Kill him."

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Dooku was too prideful to think he could have been betrayed. He didn't know what to say.

And it would have advanced the plot too quickly.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Count Makashi

But when Chancellor says Kill him, kill him now, he knows he was betrayed, even his last thought was treachery was the way of the sith)

General G made this sig, but i am going to keep annoying him.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2007 11:49 PM
Click here to Send Count Makashi a Private Message Find more posts by Count Makashi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

if you plagarize the novel, at least put it in quotes.

He was too prideful to anticipate and too stunned to actually do anything in the 5 seconds before he was killed.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

OKay... that's settled then.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 07:40 AM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
I think he knew... the end of AOTC they seem pretty close.

but isnt that a rendevous with Sideous in an old abandoned building and not with Palpatine ??
there is no referance i believe in the movies where its indicated that Dooku knows Palpatine is Sideous

theres only this :
COUNT DOOKU: The truth. What if I told you that the
Republic was now under the control of the Dark Lords of the
Sith

this is not an obvious a referance to Palpatine because if it was Obi Wan would have told the Jedi Council and they would have confronted Palpatine at the end of AOTC

so to the casual viewer without any knowledge of SW it appears that Dooko doesnt know Palpatine is Sideous
maybe its in the novels but then again Anakin has a sleepover with the sandpeople in TPM and Kit Fistos smiling head ends up on Palpatines table in the ROTS novel so they arent reliable sources

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Feb 8th, 2007 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 12:59 PM
queeq
Chaos

Huh?????? That is lamest explanation ever. PALPATINE=SIDIOUS.... So at the end of AOTC Dooku (i.e. Tyrannus) meets Palpatine (i.e. Sidious). It's not like Palpy is such an obscure figure, he's the CHANCELLOR. It's like you meet George Bush in a robe, wouldn't you kinda figure that is him?

And we're not talking about the viewer, but about Dooku.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:15 PM
Count Makashi

Yea, the casual viewer probably doesn't know, but Dooku did know his true identity, when general Grievous captured Palpatine and brought him to the generals flagship the Invisible Hand, Dooku has a talk with Palpatine, who tels him to kill Kenobi and capture Anakin and that he will intervene in case of defeat. Grievous didn't knew Palpatines true identity. Dooku new of Palpatines true identity almost from the beginning he contacted him.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:16 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

is the cartoon canon then??
i didnt know
fair enough
i know whos who but maybe Lucas could have abandoned the pointless trip to Chewies planet and actually gone out of his way to film that important scene instead of sticking it on a cartoon that appeared briefly on a kids tv channel leaving us with the lamest reveal in movie history

on the subject of recognition what about Nute and Rune
i know they are bit thick but they fell for it

i know hes a sith and they are big with the black and the menacing stuff but if everyone recognizes the dude with the robe why wear the hood up and talk in a VERY SINISTER VOICE with an Elvis Presley/Billy Idol curled lip

a Phantom Menace who isnt much of a Phantom

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Feb 8th, 2007 at 01:30 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:16 PM
Count Makashi

The talk he has with Dooku is from the novel and Nute Gunray and Rune Haako don't know Sidious is Palpatine.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:32 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vintageSW77

on the subject of recognition what about Nute and Rune
i know they are bit thick but they fell for it

mind you they couldnt tell the difference between Keira Knightley and Nat Portman

the t!ts or lack of should have gave the game away for Sabe

as for the novelisation i usually read an SW novel after the movie but after watching ROTS i gave it a miss
its hard to concentrate reading a book when you keep saying "why didnt you put this in George you ****ing idiot" after every turn of the page

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Feb 8th, 2007 at 01:37 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

Nute and Rune only see him in hologram.

And about George's choices we could start an entire forum... oh wait, we did. wink

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:43 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

so they did all their dealings with Sideous via Holorgam contact

they sure had crappy eyesight then and cloth ears then

actually i dont think they have ears Neimodeans

(please log in to view the image)
maybe they were just thick as ****

Rune: "dont you think that Lord Sideous looks and sounds a bit like a pissed off Senator Palpatine??"
Nute: "dont be ridiculous.....next thing youll be telling me the imprisoned Queen Amidala looks like the chick out of PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN!!!!"

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Feb 8th, 2007 at 02:06 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 01:53 PM
Count Makashi

Why, Sidious has a hod ever, you cant see his face completely. Maybe Neimoidians have a different eyesight, not to mention it would ruin the plot if they found out the truth.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2007 02:04 PM