KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thought-Based Attack vs...Speedblitz

Thought-Based Attack vs...Speedblitz
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Thought-Based Attack vs...Speedblitz

Which is faster than the other mind-rape, of or a flurry of devastating strikes?

(please log in to view the image)

or

vs...

or

lethality? more effective? overall faster?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 06:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

This may not be the answer you wanted but.....

......it all depends on the character using the speedblitz or thoughtbased attack. The powers themselves don't have set minimums or maximums.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:35 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Generally, blitzing should be faster.

Even without super speed, a good fighter can operate off of muscle memory and near unconsciously make attacks and defense. Obviously, high level speedsters operate faster than neurons can even fire, so there's not much debate on which is faster with top tier telepathics/telekinetics vs top tier speedsters..

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
This may not be the answer you wanted but.....

......it all depends on the character using the speedblitz or thoughtbased attack. The powers themselves don't have set minimums or maximums.

Basically, it comes down to how durable, or what kind of physical defenses (automatic shields?) the psi has. If Superman blitzed, say, Thanos, he's durable enough to survive the initial blitz and mind screw him.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

The mind rape is more efficient that's for sure.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:42 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm
Generally, blitzing should be faster.

Even without super speed, a good fighter can operate off of muscle memory and near unconsciously make attacks and defense. Obviously, high level speedsters operate faster than neurons can even fire, so there's not much debate on which is faster with top tier telepathics/telekinetics vs top tier speedsters..

well that argument can be boths way, since that same muscle memory requires conscious thought, u had to perceive the threat first in order to react to it. especially when it comes to auto-shielding.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:49 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Re: Thought-Based Attack vs...Speedblitz

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Which is faster than the other mind-rape, of or a flurry of devastating strikes?

Flurry. Especially if we're using a true speed blitz against a human level telepath like Prof. X or Emma Frost. Bit dicey when we consider people like Martian Manhunter, who can speed blitz a mind raping...

quote:

lethality? more effective? overall faster?

Like previous posters have said, it depends. But if we take humans as an example, so Professor X vs the Flash (thus ignoring other factors such as Thanos' Eternal level reflexes or J'onn's Martian reflexes) then speedsters win overall.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Dec 14th, 2011 at 08:03 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:51 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

well that argument can be boths way, since that same muscle memory requires conscious thought, u had to perceive the threat first in order to react to it. especially when it comes to auto-shielding.

Thing is though, speedsters generally have much faster thought processes than normal humans. Examples include the Flash out thinking Solaris, a sun-sized supercomputer.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:53 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by dmills
The mind rape is more efficient that's for sure.

It's also more easily defended against, with the development of psi shielding tech, and many top tiers having resistance or immunity.

I'd rather be a high end magic user than a high end telepath.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 07:53 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thing is though, speedsters generally have much faster thought processes than normal humans. Examples include the Flash out thinking Solaris, a sun-sized supercomputer.

on average, id say they are about equal. But when it come to top tiers like jean, charles or MM..thought vs action comes into play and imo the psychic is greater...ie Barry would Lose to Charles since the speed of thought is roughly equal to the speed of light and he can affect the area prior to being hit since he has less action to take

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:03 PM
Wang owns You
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol, if it is a normal brain which does not operate at superspeed the speed blitz owns from a speedster. If it is a brain that operates at superspeed like MM or Maxima against a speed force speedster, then speedblitz owns. Only on KMC could a retarded question like this be asked seriously! The speed of thought is nothing like the speed of light. OMG where did you hear that.... OMG retards at KMC!

Last edited by Wang owns You on Dec 14th, 2011 at 08:13 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:07 PM
Wang owns You is currently offline Click here to Send Wang owns You a Private Message Find more posts by Wang owns You Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I think that this all depends on how fast the brain is capable of transmitting those thoughts, in comparison to how fast the other character is moving. If I were to have Flash run across the universe, and reach a specific destination before I could think of the destination, It's obvious that I would be able to envision the destination light years before the Flash ever arrived.

However in a battle scenario, if a telepath is being wailed on by a speedster, it would become very evident that he would likely never be able to out think the beating that he/she was taking due to the interference of the hits taken.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:17 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

on average, id say they are about equal. But when it come to top tiers like jean, charles or MM..thought vs action comes into play and imo the psychic is greater...ie Barry would Lose to Charles since the speed of thought is roughly equal to the speed of light and he can affect the area prior to being hit since he has less action to take

Nah, speed of thought is nowhere near the speed of light. Speed of light is around (god I sound like h1a8 here) 299792458 m/s.

Reaction times on average are around 215 milliseconds (source: http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests...ntime/stats.php)

So in the time it takes to react to something, the Flash would have moved 644553778.5 metres.

Just food for thought.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:17 PM
h1a8

The blitz is better provided that both the first hits lands before the other makes an action and that it stuns (prevents action of thinking).

This is the underlying principle of the combo to ko.
Durability to survive a blitz is not the same as durability to withstand being stunned from the first blow of the blitz.

In comics, there are multiple examples of the combo to ko without using even great speed.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
[B]I think that this all depends on how fast the brain is capable of transmitting those thoughts, in comparison to how fast the other character is moving. If I were to have Flash run across the universe, and reach a specific destination before I could think of the destination, It's obvious that I would be able to envision the destination light years before the Flash ever arrived.

Thinking of a destination is not the same - are you saying that you can think much much faster than the speed of light? You're mixing an abstract concept (thinking of something) vs a physical concept (arriving at a destination).

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:20 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

ok i will indulge you. The brain operates at the speed of thought right, which is nothing more than a series of electrcal impulses, which in lamens terms is (roughly, becaue it takes time to process the information seen) the speed of light. Psychics and speedsters (in comics mind you) have always shown to operate at several leagues faster than baseline humans (such as Darkseid showing he can think in full paragraphs in less then a pico second etc) my argument is that since there is no physical action required in telepathy and they have already shown to operate at several leagues faster than light could they potentially trump high end blitzers who require thought, movement (no matter how fast), AND action..

lets say that professor x and flashs mind both are equal and minds work at the speed of light... charles has to first percieve the threat (phuck!! barry allen)...formulate an attack (mind rape), then attack (make him my b!tch)

while say flash has to perceive (profesor x is tryna kill me), formulate an attack( im gonna blitz his ass), rush the attacker (speedblitz) then attack (combo to ko)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ok i will indulge you. The brain operates at the speed of thought right, which is nothing more than a series of electrcal impulses, which in lamens terms is (roughly, becaue it takes time to process the information seen) the speed of light. Psychics and speedsters (in comics mind you) have always shown to operate at several leagues faster than baseline humans (such as Darkseid showing he can think in full paragraphs in less then a pico second etc) my argument is that since there is no physical action required in telepathy and they have already shown to operate at several leagues faster than light could they potentially trump high end blitzers who require thought, movement (no matter how fast), AND action..

lets say that professor x and flashs mind both are equal and minds work at the speed of light... charles has to first percieve the threat (phuck!! barry allen)...formulate an attack (mind rape), then attack (make him my b!tch)

while say flash has to perceive (profesor x is tryna kill me), formulate an attack( im gonna blitz his ass), rush the attacker (speedblitz) then attack (combo to ko)

but that supposes that xavier and barry have equal speed of thought, when they don't.

someone like a flash, say, can move faster than human-level synapses can fire. charles or emma could be knocked out before they even perceive a threat.

(even superman has pulled off that trick before).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

[QUOTE=13645158]Originally posted by Sin I AM
quote:

while say flash has to perceive (profesor x is tryna kill me), formulate an attack( im gonna blitz his ass), rush the attacker (speedblitz) then attack (combo to ko) [/B]

Problem is, their minds aren't equal. Its like having a racing car driver and a normal person (but much much much more unequal). So if you imagine driving at 40km/hr, and a rabbit suddenly runs across your path. You react, and swerve out of the way.

Now imagine driving at 80km/hr. The amount of time to process the information is much less now.

Now imagine driving at 10000km/hr. There's a reason why we have speed limits on roads - humans do not have the ability to react that quickly. Now, even in comics, yes, they have the ability to operate faster than 'real life' humans. But that is still dwarfed by a genuine speedster's reaction speeds.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:46 PM
Wang Axon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:47 PM
Wang Axon is currently offline Click here to Send Wang Axon a Private Message Find more posts by Wang Axon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Thought isn't actually as fast as light though. When have Jean and them shown to halt things going ftl in their tracks before getting hit? If they can then it means they themselves think ftl not that thought in general is.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Dec 14th, 2011 08:48 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote