KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Where is Padme's Connection to Leia????

Where is Padme's Connection to Leia????
Started by: EjkoUSC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EjkoUSC

Where is Padme's Connection to Leia????

This is the most overwhelming error in the film if you ask me. Leia has a connection that Luke doesn't have. Yet in the script and the novel there is no extra shared moment between Leia and Padme. In fact she even goes so far as to touch Luke but not Leia. JW Titus's novel handles the scene far more emotionally and brilliantly. SWhe gives birth to Leia, touches her, names her then dies. And immediately after her death the Droid brings around Luke. And Obi-Wan is left to improvise his name. So he calls him Luke.

This bonds Obi-Wan and Luke more
Justifies Leia's connection to Padme
Adds tragedy if Padme dies before seeing her son.

Why the hell wouldnt this have occured to Lucas? Is he on drugs? He better have adjusted this scene in the last reshoots and cuts. Those occured before the script and book were printed out for publishing (I think and hope). Anyone know if the script is EXACTLY as the final cut is? Well some of you will pass of your opinions for being "in the know" but humor me.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:25 PM
Click here to Send EjkoUSC a Private Message Find more posts by EjkoUSC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I agree. But it will never be so.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:27 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

bail told her of padme. she was told by eveyone around her.. it was just put into her brain.. like if you had people telling you that one year when you were two, you wore "the cutest little striped shirt for your birthday"... you dont remmeber it, but over time, you learn to accept it and make up your own memory of it.

thats how it is IMO

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:27 PM
Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

i think u need a beer

cuz i do

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

all these silly questions floating around..

theres about a month and a half left. go outside, get some fresh air and just wait for the frickn movie to come out.

you wont get any definite answers before then.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:31 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lucasfilm
has a hardon

^^ ROFL

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send lucasfilm a Private Message Find more posts by lucasfilm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

I agree with Lucasfilm. Think about it, Leia grew up with Bail Organa, Luke grew up with Owen and Beru Lars. Bail was one of Padme's closest friends, while Owen and Beru barely even knew Padme.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:38 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fezster

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mist
all these silly questions floating around..

theres about a month and a half left. go outside, get some fresh air and just wait for the frickn movie to come out.

you wont get any definite answers before then.

LOL amen to that

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:38 PM
Click here to Send fezster a Private Message Find more posts by fezster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Leia has a force connection as Luke does... And as Yoda says, you can see things, people and places from in the future and in the past..
If not... Maybe its Genetic memory... But either way, I agree that this doesn't appear to be explained in the Novel/Spoilers of ROTS....

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

it may just be impressions in the force too. Because Luke lands on Dagobah and says there's something familiar about this place. I think he's refering to a familiarity he feels that, unconciously, is him recognizing Yoda's "aura" "impression" whatever, in the force. Perhaps Leia experiences something similar.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:47 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

And I'm still not convinced that line about her mother is about Padme. Unlike Luke retaining the Skywalker name, thus allowing him to know he is adopted, Leia was raised with the Organa last name, perhaps she still thinks her mother is Bail's wife.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:48 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

How accurate is the Novel? I was hoping to find out more about how anakin was concieved. The way Shmi says "I can't explain what happened" leaves me very curious. It's not just a plain "I can't explain what happened". Theres something else in it. He has to have some connection to that in ROTS.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 11:55 PM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hazkid

actually, padme does manage to say

PADME:"if its a girl...name her leia"
MED DROID:"its a boy"
PADME:"luke..."
MED DROID: "and a girl"
PADME: xxxxxx(she's dead)

More funny Star Wars Pics!My Site!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:22 AM
Click here to Send hazkid a Private Message Find more posts by hazkid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

maybe Leia was just wrong? lots of people possess false memories of childhood.

*shrugs

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:04 AM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

maybe GL will release another DVD special edition....and just dub those lines out big grin

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:05 AM
The Rover

mephisto> But Luke says, "Your real mother", as in, not Bail's wife. wink

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:07 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

but did Leia know at the time that Bails wife was not her 'real' mother? I always assumed she knew she was adopted but maybe she always considered Bails wife her real mother and Bail her real father.

Remember Luke tells her that she is his sister after he asks about her real mother. So maybe Bail's wifey died when Leia was still a baby?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

But that doesn't make sense....
Or does it?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:15 AM
Hazardous

has bails wife ever been seen in the movie?

he talks about her in the comics....but i dont think i remember her...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:16 AM
Batman316
The True Batman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mist
has bails wife ever been seen in the movie?

he talks about her in the comics....but i dont think i remember her...

But Leia does smokin'

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:21 AM